• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats odd, since i read he wants to play in a pro style offense there, and they play texas tech styled spread offense.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats odd, since i read he wants to play in a pro style offense there, and they play texas tech styled spread offense.
He is labeled Pro-Style but he does not mind playing in a spread offense. He is going to be featured in a more QB Run oriented offense this season

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kenneth messaged me saying he loved VT and was his dream school and that he wanted to commit there after the spring game. I asked him if he just thought Tennessee was a better fit or what then, and his response was "Eh some what. I felt more needed at Tennessee". Couple this with Cardo transferring (trying to go to New Mexico btw) and its easy to see why he picked Tennessee.

So in short, we dug the grave by not going after him as hard as we could. Cardos transfer just made the decision for him easier. Hope it doesn't bite us in the ass if Tookes or Manning go elsewhere...

I'm pretty sure we were after him hard initially. Our problem was that our DB slots filled up by the Spring Game. Manning and Tookes both committed in February, then Frye, Greene, and Riley committed around the Spring Game. There was little we could do after that.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm pretty sure we were after him hard initially. Our problem was that our DB slots filled up by the Spring Game. Manning and Tookes both committed in February, then Frye, Greene, and Riley committed around the Spring Game. There was little we could do after that.

First come, first served. If you make a bunch of offers to players that are equally talented, you fill your slots as quickly as you can.

Beats the heck out of waiting for recruits that played us in the past until we couldn't land anyone else.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley looking to take a VT trip together.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great news. Gotta love when a player is passionate before he even arrives!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the board's thoughts on Gurley's position? RB, DB, WR?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him at Free Safety personally. I think we are set at CB and with JC we really need a power-back more than another scat back.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him at Free Safety personally. I think we are set at CB and with JC we really need a power-back more than another scat back.

That could be Holmes if he bulks up. I would say let him compete at both when he arrives. Start him at corner and then move to FS. Even though we have some corners already if he proves to pick up the system faster and plays better then put him there. A lock-down corner is one of the most valuable things to have on the field so work to find that first and go from there.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW, we have passed the capacity of Lane Stadium in independent views to this thread.....

Time for expansion

2ms11j6.jpg

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close in the North and Connect the South. Boost capacity to 80k+ and it will be insanely loud

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for expansion

2ms11j6.jpg

I like the picture too... but I don't think it could be that high on the left side of the NEZ... a couple of row (or many rows) wouldn't see the whole field because of the West-side boxes/suites.

I mean, I know that's not an architectural drawing and all...

But I'd like to see one :D... then see it in real life soon.