• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder. I agree with Evan though. Doubt he writes articles on stuff he reads here but who is to say he doesn't read stuff on here and then make a few phone calls...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian, if you are reading this, feel free to make a free account and join the discussion. You won't be treated poorly (like some have been on HH, but I digress..) because you are a Hokie. Now if that cum dumpster Jaime Oakes shows his face on this board...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KeithRIVALS Mr. Keith Niebuhr
#Gators RB commit Mike Davis of Stephenson (Ga.) plans to take all 5 officials. Besides #UF -right now #VaTech & #Gamecocks will get visits
28 minutes ago

Mike Davis - Yahoo! Sports

Another high school teammate of Jarontay Jones! Looks like Stephenson High has about twelve D1-A caliber players.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per that rivals page, Mike Davis doesnt have an offer from us. Is that true?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are we really back in with keith marshall or is he just being a good friend to gurley?

In my opinion, it depends on whether or not we can get an official from him.

IMO, if we get a kid (ANY KID) to a game in Blacksburg we have a punchers chance. Our gameday atmosphere is unreal. Our facilities are rivaled only by Oregon. Our players and coaches are welcoming and family like. I will go head to head with any school if we get a visit, especially for a big game weekend.0

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Davis does not have a VT offer currently. Could get one pretty easily though. But FWIW he is pretty darn solid to UF. Think this is more of a fun and free trip with his teammates.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Davis does not have a VT offer currently. Could get one pretty easily though. But FWIW he is pretty darn solid to UF. Think this is more of a fun and free trip with his teammates.

There could be some transition uncertainties going on at UF with Muschamp taking over and building the program the way he wants it. Additionally, Brian White has moved over from coaching the TEs to coaching the RBs. Charlie Weis is the new OC/QB coach and that may also be an issue. Just as a side note, UF's new WR/Recruiting Coordinator Coach, Aubrey Hill, just spent the last three years at Miami as the WR Coach...wonder if he learned anything about recruiting at Miami?

As far as this being a fun trip for Davis, I doubt Tech would go along with sitting aside official visit time for a recruit who is just playing games. I'm betting there's a strong connection with Shane Beamer who had probably started recruiting him for SC.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
^^^ I highly doubt anything comes of the trip since he seems very solid to UF, I think he is going to just take the free trip with Jones and enjoy the facilities.

We have some pretty serious RB talent that is going to make its way through Blacksburg during the season with Marshall, Gurley (Probably get an official), Harris (Probably an official), Mangus (now down to UVA or VT) and now Davis (official). If we can get Marshall to give us an official for a game and let Shane work on him we have a better shot but I still think it is a long shot for any of these guys but Harris.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stefon Diggs facebook status:

"idc bout violations one persons mistakes doesn't speak on behalf of the school."

Not one person Stefon. 72 players, the AD, and the school president. :doh: Who else would you have speak on behalf of the school.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this being a fun trip for Davis, I doubt Tech would go along with sitting aside official visit time for a recruit who is just playing games. I'm betting there's a strong connection with Shane Beamer who had probably started recruiting him for SC.

Sorry man, he is just taking it for fun. Our recruits do it too. Why not? Get a free paid trip to a top college football game with your friends (Jarontay and co.). Infact, here is a recent tweet from Davis:

"@SouthernLegscom: @Mike28davis Please say u are still 110% Gator!! GatorNation needs u here in G'Ville!!" Yes I am

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry man, he is just taking it for fun. Our recruits do it too. Why not? Get a free paid trip to a top college football game with your friends (Jarontay and co.). Infact, here is a recent tweet from Davis:

"@SouthernLegscom: @Mike28davis Please say u are still 110% Gator!! GatorNation needs u here in G'Ville!!" Yes I am

Yeah...I know a lot of kids (including ours) take official visits just for fun, but it doesn't mean I personally have to like it. Just my opinion, but there's something basically dishonest about taking official visits when you have no intention of doing anything other than having a good time on someone else's dime.

If you're a recruit when would you ever admit publicly that you're looking at other programs? Isn't that basically the kiss of death as far as the offer you've already verbally accepted? I remember a kid last year claiming how committed he was to Clemson only to make the switch to UNC three days later.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stefon Diggs facebook status:

"idc bout violations one persons mistakes doesn't speak on behalf of the school."

Not one person Stefon. 72 players, the AD, and the school president. :doh: Who else would you have speak on behalf of the school.

Wow. Diggs definitely needs to do a lot more research on Miami's situation.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah...I know a lot of kids (including ours) take official visits just for fun, but it doesn't mean I personally have to like it. Just my opinion, but there's something basically dishonest about taking official visits when you have no intention of doing anything other than having a good time on someone else's dime.

If you're a recruit when would you ever admit publicly that you're looking at other programs? Isn't that basically the kiss of death as far as the offer you've already verbally accepted? I remember a kid last year claiming how committed he was to Clemson only to make the switch to UNC three days later.

I respectfully disagree. I would think of it more like our own college or job selections.

I didn't feel dishonest travelling for job interviews on the company's dime, even for jobs I wasn't too interested in. The wining and dining, hotels, and networking were all great benefits. I was there to sell myself, but they had the chance to sell themselves to me. IMO, the signed LOI is the only equivalent to when I signed my first contract with my current company.

Perhaps verbals are just overused today.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Time for expansion

2ms11j6.jpg

That is pretty cool, is that actually a proposed expansion or someone just fucking around. I've always figured if they do it the would just replicate the south endzone in the north. I don't see why we can't expand the practice field into the hillside.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we can't expand the practice field into the hillside.

The hillside is being leveled to make room for the indoor practice facility.
That being said, the picture looks awesome and I would be in full support of it.