• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarron Jones committed to Notre Dame. I'm not too surprised based on his comments after his visit there, but I'm disappointed he didn't wait to visit Blacksburg on a gameday.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say I am slightly surprised. He was "in love" with ND when he visited. Then they got a few DTs and one who had been offered was even revoked. Thought that left a sour taste. If anything I am surprised of the timing. He came across as wanting to take his time and then out of the blue today he commits. Oh well. Kirven is my top DL prospect anyway.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and PS:

Norfolk Christian lost tonight 36-0 to Liberty Christian Academy. This is a team with supposedly 4 FBS recruits, and they lost to another smaller private school. Not only that, Kwontie Moore had 4 carries for 5 yards and TWO (2) Fumbles.

Enjoy UVA boys!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from a local coach and friend of mine: "It could have been a lot worse."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly has the size but everything else... well I think tonight speaks for itself :)

BTW this coach has a WR thats being looked at by UVA. He went on a 10 minute rant about how they have no D1 caliber QBs. About 4 D2 QBs (including Watford), he said, but no D1. I told him it was just like the rest of the team and he laughed and said the WR might be better off staying local at ODU :)

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and PS:

Norfolk Christian lost tonight 36-0 to Liberty Christian Academy. This is a team with supposedly 4 FBS recruits, and they lost to another smaller private school. Not only that, Kwontie Moore had 4 carries for 5 yards and TWO (2) Fumbles.

Enjoy UVA boys!

At least they are getting used to what life will be like at UVA! :yield:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this Norfolk Christian drubbing. I went to Westfield HS in Chantilly and when I was a senior, we went undefeated and crushed just about every team we faced (we were also ranked between 10-15 by rivals). we had ONE FBS recruit (4* QB Mikey Glennon). i know football is a team sport, but how does a team with 4 (realistically 3) FBS recruits get beat that badly by a small school who likely has no FBS recruits. I know coaching could play a big role, but lack of talent has to play a role at some point

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this Norfolk Christian drubbing. I went to Westfield HS in Chantilly and when I was a senior, we went undefeated and crushed just about every team we faced (we were also ranked between 10-15 by rivals). we had ONE FBS recruit (4* QB Mikey Glennon). i know football is a team sport, but how does a team with 4 (realistically 3) FBS recruits get beat that badly by a small school who likely has no FBS recruits. I know coaching could play a big role, but lack of talent has to play a role at some point

Could be a case of reading too many articles about how good they were going to be this year with 4....er....3 FBS level recruits. They seem to have forgotten they still have to play the games.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a case of reading too many articles about how good they were going to be this year with 4....er....3 FBS level recruits. They seem to have forgotten they still have to play the games.

Lot of people saying Nixon was the worst of the bunch, Wahee was good KR but not D1 ability, and Wynn was virtually non-existant. Moore was reportedly pretty good on D, but terrible on O.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I assume you are not talking about LCA when you say a "small" school, and are instead referring to the other school that was mentioned. I believe (I may be wrong) that LCA is one of the larger private schools in the state due to it being so close to Liberty U. Still, you are right. There is no excuse for NC to get beat down like that by another private school (with 4 D1 recruits). I am surprised that these kids are getting so much love coming from a private school. Many of the 1-A teams in the state would pound most private schools and most private school kids rarely get much of a look from D1 universities.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Moore fumbled on half of his carries...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they bumping ratings before the high school season has really started?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the latest with Keith Marshall? Are we in the running, are we out?