• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince Mayle

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it remains all about the completion to me. Most players respond well to completion.
Mayle, & Butler pushing Williams for snaps is the best thing for the Dallas Cowboys football team.

In today's world, it's the talking heads that feel this need to label players and it drives me nuts.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it remains all about the completion to me. Most players respond well to completion.
Mayle, & Butler pushing Williams for snaps is the best thing for the Dallas Cowboys football team.

In today's world, it's the talking heads that feel this need to label players and it drives me nuts.

Your point is understood.

Some players deserve their labels, though - just saying

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is understood.

Some players deserve their labels, though - just saying
star to you for understanding competition was my intended word.
I'm an idiot....thankfully I play to my strengths more than not

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can find ways to get open Mayle could be great in this league. His hands and size are terrific. Just a bit slow, but if he can find other ways to get open he has a chance to stick awhile (IE route running, creativity, the right system)

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel Williams has had his best moments / games with Romo. I think they have a good chemistry. But I'm all for someone pushing him. Competition is what it's all about. I wouldn't judge any of the receivers based on last year, it wouldn't be fair.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
star to you for understanding competition was my intended word.
I'm an idiot....thankfully I play to my strengths more than not

Idiot? Nah...

A little prickly at times, sure... but I suppose we all have our moments.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I forgot about you, Manster. You are a shining beacon to us all. Forgive me, please?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot? Nah...

A little prickly at times, sure... but I suppose we all have our moments.
guilty...defending my posts is my problem I guess.
you should see the line of shit PE1 is laying out on the general board today. Seattle fan rips on me and here comes PE1 and his buddy system. Flat out amazing, the desperation is priceless.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what a #2 wide is other than the guy that catches the second most passes from the wide receiver position
I think a good #2 is a guy who can beat single man coverage. With the Cowboys OL and running game drawing 7-8 guys, Dez drawing 2 guys, Witten still demanding double teams, the defense is running out of players. To me, our "#2" is never gonna be doubled, so I think the Cowboys should start the guy that is the toughest one on one cover .If that's Williams, great, but if it's Mayle or one of the younger guys, so be it. I just don't think TWill has done enough to be handed that role without earning it this preseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good #2 is a guy who can beat single man coverage. With the Cowboys OL and running game drawing 7-8 guys, Dez drawing 2 guys, Witten still demanding double teams, the defense is running out of players. To me, our "#2" is never gonna be doubled, so I think the Cowboys should start the guy that is the toughest one on one cover .If that's Williams, great, but if it's Mayle or one of the younger guys, so be it. I just don't think TWill has done enough to be handed that role without earning it this preseason
I think it is even simpler. A #2 WR is simply the WR that gets the second most snaps and/or opportunities and normally is a starter and normally plays non-passing downs as well. Usually it's obvious on a team who that is, but sometimes not. The last couple of years it has obviously been T Will. This year like you said one of the younger guys may grab that distinction and that would be fine as long as whomever it is produces. I don't really care who it is. I still think T Will is the most likely choice and that he is the most likely to produce, but I hope he wins the job and doesn't just "keep" the job.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is even simpler. A #2 WR is simply the WR that gets the second most snaps and/or opportunities and normally is a starter and normally plays non-passing downs as well. Usually it's obvious on a team who that is, but sometimes not. The last couple of years it has obviously been T Will. This year like you said one of the younger guys may grab that distinction and that would be fine as long as whomever it is produces. I don't really care who it is. I still think T Will is the most likely choice and that he is the most likely to produce, but I hope he wins the job and doesn't just "keep" the job.
That's a fair assessment, and maybe be wishing the #2 could fill in as a 1 for a game or two is unfair.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team with 2 top notch receivers is a anomaly it seems in todays NFL but the wish still remains to have them both

time to go start the chicken and ribs for fathers day dinner y'all have a great day

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team with 2 top notch receivers is a anomaly it seems in todays NFL but the wish still remains to have them both

time to go start the chicken and ribs for fathers day dinner y'all have a great day
When's dinner served, I might crash the party.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, wait a minute, it's father's day and you're the one cooking? What gives?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that