• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince Mayle

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brian Broads

Scout's Eye: Coping Without Maliek Collins, Impressive Rookies From OTAs
One player that I continue to notice during these practices, but who is not getting much acclaim, is Vince Mayle at wide receiver. I have yet to see him allow the ball to hit the ground when the quarterbacks have put it in his direction. He has made receptions one-handed and extending with two. Without the ball, he has found ways to get open and separate in his routes. His experience around the team last season is clearly paying off for him now.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he replaces street. Yes street made one good play since he's been here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brian Broads

Scout's Eye: Coping Without Maliek Collins, Impressive Rookies From OTAs
One player that I continue to notice during these practices, but who is not getting much acclaim, is Vince Mayle at wide receiver. I have yet to see him allow the ball to hit the ground when the quarterbacks have put it in his direction. He has made receptions one-handed and extending with two. Without the ball, he has found ways to get open and separate in his routes. His experience around the team last season is clearly paying off for him now.
I remember seeing a few scouting reports that had him ranked much higher than he was taken coming out. Could be a find...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing a few scouting reports that had him ranked much higher than he was taken coming out. Could be a find...
Maybe he'll make our reviving core as good as another NFCE team, I'm starting to think there is no way Dallas has a shot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he active one game last year? I really don't remember much at all about him but there certainly are WR snaps up for the taking on this team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he active one game last year? I really don't remember much at all about him but there certainly are WR snaps up for the taking on this team.
I think so. I just remember reading one of the various draft magazines when he came out and there was one scout that commented that he felt Mayle might eventually be the best WR in the class, and then he really fell in the draft. Looking forward to seeing if he's a diamond in the rough

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should definitely get a chance to prove himself. Hopefully he is a player

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you did there. Clever indeed
The way I see Dallas WR corps is Dez a true #1, Williams a good #2, who last year gave us doubts he can be a #1 even for the short term, and Beasley who can move the chains when needed. After that there's not a lot of passes to go around. With Dez I really like the Dallas receiving corp, without him we need someone who can step up. So while I'm good with Williams as #2 I'd easily replace him. As long as Dez is healthy dean's stance is homer slanted IMO. Dez out yes Washington's receivers are better.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see Dallas WR corps is Dez a true #1, Williams a good #2, who last year gave us doubts he can be a #1 even for the short term, and Beasley who can move the chains when needed. After that there's not a lot of passes to go around. With Dez I really like the Dallas receiving corp, without him we need someone who can step up. So while I'm good with Williams as #2 I'd easily replace him. As long as Dez is healthy dean's stance is homer slanted IMO. Dez out yes Washington's receivers are better.

Dean disagrees :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Williams a good #2"

Well, let's hope it turns out that way. At this point I'm unsure personally about what Williams is. I do think his skill set is a lot better with Dez across from him and no safety paying him any mind and obviously a healthy Romo helps. So maybe he steps it up.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Williams a good #2"

Well, let's hope it turns out that way. At this point I'm unsure personally about what Williams is. I do think his skill set is a lot better with Dez across from him and no safety paying him any mind and obviously a healthy Romo helps. So maybe he steps it up.
Yes he is as you said with Dez on the field, I would like our #2 to be able to step up as the #1 for a game or two if needed, and that's where Williams failed last season. Maybe the failure can be blamed on Romo not being there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is as you said with Dez on the field, I would like our #2 to be able to step up as the #1 for a game or two if needed, and that's where Williams failed last season. Maybe the failure can be blamed on Romo not being there.
I think we saw a guy that just isn't a good #2, but hopefully I'm wrong

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we saw a guy that just isn't a good #2, but hopefully I'm wrong
I'll say this in 2014 other than being a body catcher, I liked what he brought to the table, in 3015 without Dez he was bad.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what a #2 wide is other than the guy that catches the second most passes from the wide receiver position

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this in 2014 other than being a body catcher, I liked what he brought to the table, in 3015 without Dez he was bad.
I like Williams and was very disappointed in him last year. It was the perfect time to take a step forward and when we needed him he instead took a step backwards. He definitely has some skills, but if he is going to keep the #2 WR position he needs to be more consistent. Unlike some other young players we can't say he hasn't had the opportunity. The problem is we don't really seem to have anyone to push him unless Butler or someone else steps up. If Romo was a little better at the deep ball I think it would help Williams out also. He seems to get behind the defense at least once a game. I think the ability is there and expect him to keep the job at least one more year. I also think a better running game will help him greatly as the DBs have one eye in the backfield most of the day. But, you can say that about any WR.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Williams and was very disappointed in him last year. It was the perfect time to take a step forward and when we needed him he instead took a step backwards. He definitely has some skills, but if he is going to keep the #2 WR position he needs to be more consistent. Unlike some other young players we can't say he hasn't had the opportunity. The problem is we don't really seem to have anyone to push him unless Butler or someone else steps up. If Romo was a little better at the deep ball I think it would help Williams out also. He seems to get behind the defense at least once a game. I think the ability is there and expect him to keep the job at least one more year. I also think a better running game will help him greatly as the DBs have one eye in the backfield most of the day. But, you can say that about any WR.
I think we agree but saying in slightly different words. I'm not calling for Williams ouster, but if a guy comes in who can be athere least a part time #1 I'd be OK if he took over #2 and bumped Williams. Plus we really don't know if Williams would have looked better if Romo was under center, while Dez was out.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what a #2 wide is other than the guy that catches the second most passes from the wide receiver position

If the #2 is #2 because he is behind a legit #1, then his role is to benefit from the attention #1 gets. That is what Dallas has and needs. If the WR is #2 because he is younger than the #1 guy or makes less money, then he is just the guy that showed up later that day and was called "#2"

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the #2 is #2 because he is behind a legit #1, then his role is to benefit from the attention #1 gets. That is what Dallas has and needs. If the WR is #2 because he is younger than the #1 guy or makes less money, then he is just the guy that showed up later that day and was called "#2"
Howdy Ford
I remember 3 or 4 years ago having a discussion about the terms #1 and #2 NFL receiver with someone and your descriptions above work as good as any. I just don't put stock in the terms. Whole lotta variables as to why a player excels or doesn't from year to year in this league. I like to think players for the most part put the work in and have pride. I think Williams and other so-called #2's bust their ass to do their assignments and get open but have little control on where the ball is distributed.