• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Vikings vs Seahawks Pre-season Game#2 Thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for as iffy as we may look at the tackle position, the interior of the OL actually looks pretty sturdy so far. The run blocking has been good, and I haven't seen much penetration at all from G to G. That will be a good thing when we face the Rams in week 2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Denver this season when at least half their games, he's sitting on the bench injured.

Honestly I would still take him at 8 games of good play for what we are paying him. The Broncos might be the team that has had a more injury prone LT than you guys over the past few years. Two of the past three seasons I have watched him go down either before the season started or a week or two into the year. We were paying him around $10 million to miss the entire season so a player of Okung's ability playing 8 games or more for the season at $5 million sounds like a bargain right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated in this thread, the interior of the OL looks improved over last year. So that's a plus, a big plus. Think Gilliam will be find at tackle after he gets enough reps to get up to snuff. So that leaves one weak link. Might have to scheme around that, because I don't see a good answer to the other tackle spot on the roster. Maybe Poole can be developed for the position IDK.
Still....think the OL is better then last year at this point last year( preseason ).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would still take him at 8 games of good play for what we are paying him. The Broncos might be the team that has had a more injury prone LT than you guys over the past few years. Two of the past three seasons I have watched him go down either before the season started or a week or two into the year. We were paying him around $10 million to miss the entire season so a player of Okung's ability playing 8 games or more for the season at $5 million sounds like a bargain right now.

See this is were your lack of knowledge of Okung comes into play. He has regressed and is AT BEST a average LT and at worst one of the most over rated LT in the game who is often injured. Still he is better than any LT we have but thats not saying much when you think about who we got. A LT that hasn't stuck on a team even as a back-up and a former TE that was a below average RT last season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable says the pass pro was really good in Vikings game ....WTF!!!

Seahawks need to give this guy a CAT scan.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is were your lack of knowledge of Okung comes into play. He has regressed and is AT BEST a average LT and at worst one of the most over rated LT in the game who is often injured. Still he is better than any LT we have but thats not saying much when you think about who we got. A LT that hasn't stuck on a team even as a back-up and a former TE that was a below average RT last season.

No this is where your lack of knowledge about the Broncos LT situation over the last 3 years comes into play. Our top guy has either been injured before the season started or a bottom-10 guy at the position. So even a guy who plays 8 games at an average level is still an upgrade for the Broncos. I don't think you realize how bad it has been for us at that position. We have actually been bringing guys in off the street to play the position at times.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable says the pass pro was really good in Vikings game ....WTF!!!

Seahawks need to give this guy a CAT scan.

The interior line didn't look HORRIBLE, couple of those sacks were on Wilson getting jittery. That said, the left tackle position, my god... Everson Griffin is a good pass rusher but far from the best in the NFL and he was blowing through on nearly EVERY play. Even when they shifted the tight end over to help blocking the tight end was picking up the blocks mostly...

That left tackle position needs attention asap. I know Okung was always fighting injuries but he didn't get consistently beat THAT bad.

Also did Evans play? I kind of went back and forth between that game and a movie/youtube and wasn't paying too much attention to the names/#s on the line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude the middle of the line did not look good in pass pro, there really was no pocket many times. You got to allow your QB to step up, Wilson couldn't on many of those sacks and other throws which mad him pull the ball down. He would hit that back foot and would have to go because of the pressure up the gut and LT/RT neither were good.

Run Blocking looked solid. I saw HOLES something we have not seen much of when Lynch was the #1. Wonder how well he would have did in his prime behind this run blocking team? They really mauled the Viking in that area.