• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Vikings vs Seahawks Pre-season Game#2 Thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings sending all out blitzes in pre season? Someone still bitter?

Yahh. They weren't playing it was like the preseason the first half. Seahawks meantime are doing what most teams do out there in the preseason, treating it like scrimmages to get the timing ready and figure out who besides the projected starters will make the team.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you Seattle area people, I just heard about 12-15 first responder sirens going south on 405 from Kirkland towards Bellevue.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Wide Left did it again

DxOYS.gif

beat me to it

DAMNIT BOYKIN

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin throws up Hail Mary's and Pick 6's and then takes a sack with no time outs when he had PLENTY of time to just throw it away. Rookie mistakes but the thing is Russell Wilson wasn't making those Mistakes as a rookie lol. But then again Wilson was one of the best looking Rookie QB's i have seen in a LONG time.

First string offense was a big time no show, to many flags AGAIN. Oline can't pass block but the run blocking looked strong.

We need to go out and get a Back-up QB. Boykin should go on the PS at best.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm sorry but Alex Collins looks like straight trash. Missed blocks, dropped a perfect pass and it hit him in the face mask, looks weak and on top of that, even on his decent gains his movements just look slow as hell...that won't work against starting defenses.

If he doesn't pick it up soon I would rather save a spot for a guy on the final 53 like that kid Pope who looks a little like Rawls.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Denver this season when at least half their games, he's sitting on the bench injured.

Still what's the plan for the starting tackles? Obviously Gilliam is going to be one of the starters, but I sure don't see Webb or Sowell working as the other starting tackle. When they drafted Ifedi I thought he was the plan for the other tackle, but the Seahawks like him at RG, at least for now. Injury prone or not Okung would be nice to have compared to what they have right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think all the blitzs the Viking did in this game will help for the regular season. Makes sense to use blitzs againt a young OL, where every one is learning a new position. I expect the Seahawks will see teams employ the same strategy in the regular season. So good to to go against it in preseason and get the OL experience at blocking for it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall the team didn't look good, but I thought the run game was impressive. Michael in particular looked legit. He seems to really want some carries this year.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson also looks notably slower out there. Don't know if hes just not turning on the burners because its preseason or what but his scrambling looks a little off right now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards/center were fine for the most part. It was the tackles that were exposed and we know they are working on those pretty heavily. If at least the inside 3 can come together it bodes well for building a running game if nothing else.

Wilson can't hold onto the ball as long as he was last night and at least a couple of those sacks shouldn't have been sacks if he had just thrown it away. His timing/read on those runs is off right now for some reason. He's normally a lot better about knowing when he can juke out of a situation and when it's time to throw it away.

I still don't think this years version of the shitty line is looking as bad as last years version around this time. I mean we all wish we didn't have to use shitty line as a permanent phrase for this team, but it's not our destiny to ever have a competent line it seems.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a Left Tackle badly. Russell Wilson is going to be paranoid about his blind side all season long. They should explore trade options.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards/center were fine for the most part. It was the tackles that were exposed and we know they are working on those pretty heavily. If at least the inside 3 can come together it bodes well for building a running game if nothing else.

Wilson can't hold onto the ball as long as he was last night and at least a couple of those sacks shouldn't have been sacks if he had just thrown it away. His timing/read on those runs is off right now for some reason. He's normally a lot better about knowing when he can juke out of a situation and when it's time to throw it away.

I still don't think this years version of the shitty line is looking as bad as last years version around this time. I mean we all wish we didn't have to use shitty line as a permanent phrase for this team, but it's not our destiny to ever have a competent line it seems.

Brock and Salk made the point this AM that the Hawks also weren't game-planning with their O, so against a good front seven like the Vikes, they'd have had their usual assortment of bubble screens etc designed to slow down the pass rush.

To me there's a LOT of reason for optimism for the line. If that Guard/Center combo is working, then solving the tackle woes could be something the team works to address over the next couple of seasons. It's not like Wilson is 30. We have another 7-12 years of him in his prime, LOTS of time for them to get the line sorted out.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson also looks notably slower out there. Don't know if hes just not turning on the burners because its preseason or what but his scrambling looks a little off right now.

Well when he got caught from behind he was not running full speed. This happened twice and he just for some reason didn't feel the pressure after he rolled out. Normally he has eyes in the back of his head. You could tell that he did not realize they were right on his ass.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when he got caught from behind he was not running full speed. This happened twice and he just for some reason didn't feel the pressure after he rolled out. Normally he has eyes in the back of his head. You could tell that he did not realize they were right on his ass.
Yeah, they snuck up on him a couple times. From all accounts I've seen, RW is in as good a shape as ever and no way he's starting to slow down yet at 27. Not worried about him at all in that regard.