• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2023 thread

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woof. Could've closed it out, but

We win that easy with Kirk

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs is who every team he played for thought he was, a backup at best.

Let's quit pretending this team is any good, they're terrible.

if they played the Panthers and the winner got the first pick in the draft, the Panthers would get the pick.

Fuck the competitive rebuild, blow it the fuck up and start from scratch.

Not watching another game this season.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if they played the Panthers and the winner got the first pick in the draft, the Panthers would get the pick.

Yep. I've said this for awhile now, but this team has been trying to ride the ghost of 2017 with the "competetive rebuild" concept. It's been 6 years of spinning their tires. I'm done, tear it all down and start over now. The first move should be to can Kwesi, and I'm not even sold on KOC at this point either.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, you're being a little harsh. There is some good young talent to build around and keep building.

We were missing our two best players on offense last night and starting a QB on the roster for less than a month, not many teams will succeed in that scenario, and we still probably should've won

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you're being a little harsh. There is some good young talent to build around and keep building.

We were missing our two best players on offense last night and starting a QB on the roster for less than a month, not many teams will succeed in that scenario, and we still probably should've won

Yeah, but they just lost to Denver and Chicago, two of the absolute bottom feeder teams of the league. Do they win those games with Cousins and Jefferson in the lineup? Probably. But if you can't piece together a W out of those two past games over the injuries, them the team just isn't that good. If there were any teams they wanted to be playing right now, it was awful teams like those, and they still found ways to lose.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they just lost to Denver and Chicago, two of the absolute bottom feeder teams of the league. Do they win those games with Cousins and Jefferson in the lineup? Probably. But if you can't piece together a W out of those two past games over the injuries, them the team just isn't that good. If there were any teams they wanted to be playing right now, it was awful teams like those, and they still found ways to lose.
When you lose to two of the shittiest teams in the league, it means you're one of the shittiest teams in the league.

and let's not forget, they also lost to the Bucs and Chargers, and they weren't missing Cousins and Jefferson.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you lose to two of the shittiest teams in the league, it means you're one of the shittiest teams in the league.

and let's not forget, they also lost to the Bucs and Chargers, and they weren't missing Cousins and Jefferson.

B..b...but they are competative, bro!!!

lol

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official

This team has turned me into as casual of a football fan as they come. At this point I come here more to bs with you guys than I do just to talk about football.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I refuse to waste my time watching them. Starting to watch and enjoy college ball a lot more.

Time to make some shrimp scampi.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye week, how many turnovers will they have?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Theory after the Falcons and Saints wins were that we were playing with house money. But the last two games should have been won. At least one of them.

So now what? We clearly can't take any team for granted after that shit show. This has the feeling of another 8 win just miss or 9 win, immediate one-and-done.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Theory after the Falcons and Saints wins were that we were playing with house money. But the last two games should have been won. At least one of them.

So now what? We clearly can't take any team for granted after that shit show. This has the feeling of another 8 win just miss or 9 win, immediate one-and-done.
Outside of Philly and SF NFC isn't good

I'm still rooting for playoffs and I know we'll go nowhere.

Big question what do we do with QB next year? I'm all in on drafting one

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in a hypothetical total rebuild that probably won't happen, what assets do you guys think the team must keep?

I'll say JJ, Addison, and Hockensen.

Don't really care about them hanging onto anyone else at this point. I'm beyond ready for a true rebuild to happen with this team. I'd rather see them win 2 - 3 games over the next 2 years while doing a true rebuild than endure yet another wasted year on the "competetive rebuild" nonsense.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was doing a total rebuild, everyone would be available for the right price, including the 3 you mentioned.

I f I were to keep one player, it might be Darrisaw, good LT's are hard to find.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I want to care about the upcoming gamr a bit, but I just don't have it in me anymore beyond passively hoping they win. Plus it's the late afternoon Sunday game, which is the worst slot of the football day IMO. Games starting at 3pm means both ends of the day end up screwed up to an extent, instead of having only my afternoon or only the evening wasted watching them suck.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're seriously starting Dobbs this week despite Hall being available and Dobbs's turnovers.

I'm not deluded into thinking Hall is the franchise QB of the future here, but he looked alright in the time he did play, and Dobbs is 100% guaranteed to not be the future. I'm honestly done with football until they stop doing this kind of nonsense.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're seriously starting Dobbs this week despite Hall being available and Dobbs's turnovers.

I'm not deluded into thinking Hall is the franchise QB of the future here, but he looked alright in the time he did play, and Dobbs is 100% guaranteed to not be the future. I'm honestly done with football until they stop doing this kind of nonsense.
KOC probably doesn't think Hall is ready and he had one drive

I'm also guessing Dobb's has a very short leash, he was almost benched vs bears

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if they don't make the playoffs, we won't have to see them suffer an embarrassing defeat.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOC probably doesn't think Hall is ready and he had one drive

I'm also guessing Dobb's has a very short leash, he was almost benched vs bears

You are probably right about all that. Believe me, I have no delusions about Hall becoming the guy. I don't see that happening. But Dobbs is a solid backup at the absolute best, and with the season already pretty much over, I see very little reason to keep sticking with him.

I thought it was wild how fast some people hopped on the Dobbs bandwagon. He had a cool story for his first couple games, but he's ultimately been exactly what every other team he playes for that he was: a backup. I'd be saying something different if they hadn't just lost to two of the crappiest teams in the league under Dobbs.

I don't need to see them wasting games starting a guy who has zero chance of becoming the QB of the future. I see no downside to rolling the dice with Hall given where they are at now. Not even sure I'm gonna bother watching the games until I hear they benched Dobbs. He seems like a swell enough guy, but I've already seen enough of him as the starting QB here.