• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2019 Season thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I don't care for either team, I have a lot of friends who are Niners fans so I actually would have preferred the Saints won.

This is why no one respects you

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I like seeing the Niners lose?

Me too. My son is a Niner fan and he always pulls for teams playing the Vikes...turn around is fair play.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way that's #1

Yeah. I have to agree with you. It's only #1 on the list because it's easily the best thing that happened to the Vikings in at least 9 years since it happened, it was in the playoffs, and against a team a lot of Vikings fans still had animosity for from feeling screwed over in the 2009 season NFC Championship game. I'm not going to lie, I was stoked as they come when that happened, because it just felt so un-Vikings like for us to get that lucky in a big game.

It usually seems we blow them by either getting destroyed (Giants, Eagles NFC title games for example) or kicking issues (Gary Anderson and Blair Walsh missed FG's enabling teams we should have beaten to advace past us in the playoffs, the Saints winning the 2009 NFC title via OT FG before our offense even had a chance to see the field in OT after several bs officiating calls keeping the Saints drive alive).

But yeah. Give me even Moss torching Green Bay on Monday night football with Favre getting benched for sucking or him destroying Dallas on Thanksgiving in his rookie year over the Saints playoff game. The Saints win got soured badly when it proved our team went into autopilot afterwards just to get clown stomped by the Eagles in Philly. That Philly game proved we had one of the most overrated 13-3 squads in the history of the game when they went and played like a 3-13 team on the second biggest stage.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I have to agree with you. It's only #1 on the list because it's easily the best thing that happened to the Vikings in at least 9 years since it happened, it was in the playoffs, and against a team a lot of Vikings fans still had animosity for from feeling screwed over in the 2009 season NFC Championship game. I'm not going to lie, I was stoked as they come when that happened, because it just felt so un-Vikings like for us to get that lucky in a big game.

It usually seems we blow them by either getting destroyed (Giants, Eagles NFC title games for example) or kicking issues (Gary Anderson and Blair Walsh missed FG's enabling teams we should have beaten to advace past us in the playoffs, the Saints winning the 2009 NFC title via OT FG before our offense even had a chance to see the field in OT after several bs officiating calls keeping the Saints drive alive).

But yeah. Give me even Moss torching Green Bay on Monday night football with Favre getting benched for sucking or him destroying Dallas on Thanksgiving in his rookie year over the Saints playoff game. The Saints win got soured badly when it proved our team went into autopilot afterwards just to get clown stomped by the Eagles in Philly. That Philly game proved we had one of the most overrated 13-3 squads in the history of the game when they went and played like a 3-13 team on the second biggest stage.

I guess i'm the only one who doesn't at all blame Gary Anderson for 1998.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i'm the only one who doesn't at all blame Gary Anderson for 1998.

Oh, I don't blame Gary Anderson entirely for the 1998 loss by any means. We should have had the Falcons finished off before the 4th quarter even began. Countless things went wrong.

The Vikes getting a fumble and then settling for a FG to go up 10-7 instead of 17-7. Moss dropping a TD pass forcing them to go up 20-7 with a Gary Anderson FG instead of 24-7. Cunningham fumbling it away to let the Falcons score a TD right before the half to make it 20-14. The Vikings offense putting up just 7 points in the second half and relying on a FG to put the game away when they had the highest scoring offense ever at the time. Robert Griffith dropping a game-ending INT towards the end of regulation. The offense getting 2 possessions in OT includint the first one overall with sudden death rules, and failing to end it on either before letting Atlanta walk away with the game.

I give Denny Green at least 75% of the blame for us losing that game. There is zero excuse for that offense not dropping at least 40 points in that game at home in the Metrodome. Hard to blame Gary Anderson when he made 2/3 FG attempts in the game and hadn't missed a single kick the rest of the season. He just gets crapped on so hard because the game would almost certainly have been over had he made that kick. But we were still up 7 when he missed it and the defense and offense both crapped the bed multiple times again before it was all over.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham fumbling it away to let the Falcons score a TD right before the half to make it 20-14.

That was HUGE!!!

I give Denny Green at least 75%

I'd say about 95%

Having the ball at the end of the 4th quarter and just taking a knee knowing the defense was tired and Ed McDaniel was hurt was inexcusable IMO. Just throw it deep to Randy at least once!!

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very scary last 3 games here..I'm predicting Vikes losing 2 of last 3. Chargers L Packers W, Bears L...thoughts?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very scary last 3 games here..I'm predicting Vikes losing 2 of last 3. Chargers L Packers W, Bears L...thoughts?

Nothing would surprise me. But if they don't get at least to 11-5 with the Chargers and two big home games left on the schedule - one against the overrated Packers and one against the chitty Bears - then they need to can Zimmer, maybe Spielmen too and start from scratch. Barring an unexpected playoff push, at least. I'm tired of this team underachieving year after year and am ready to see a new regime fail them for a change.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thielen is reportedly back to practice with the team and expected to return for the Chargers game in L.A. this Sunday barring another setback with his hamstring injury in practice.

Here's to hoping he's really ready to go this time. I think this Chargers game is going to be tough. Our secondary sucks, and Philip Rivers might not be his old self anymore, but I could see him lighting them up a bit. It would be nice to get Thielen back in the groove with the offense before (hopefully) the playoffs.

If they want to do anything in the playoffs, they should be treating all 3 of the final games like legit playoff games. Even if we win out, we'd need Green Bay to drop either their Chicago or Detroit games in addition to the game against us for us to win the division. I could see a scenario where both the Vikes and Packers are 11-4 in the final week. We'd be playing the Bears who we always suck against, with the Pack in Detroit. Basically both the Bears and Lions playing spoilers for who wins the division and who takes the wildcard. I don't like the thought of having to go straight to Green Bay in the playoffs but that looks very likely as things stand.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bats???

Can't see many situations where you would even encounter them.

About 25 years ago I came home from work, took a shower and went to bed as I lay down I almost immediately felt something on my leg I thought it was a mosquito or a fly so I went to brush it away and when I did I realized pretty quickly it wasn't an insect it was a fucking bat, I jumped up screaming like a bitch, grabbed my work boot and started swinging at it until I finally hit it, it fell to the ground and I gave it one final smack with the boot. I had always hated bats before that happened but that brought the hate to a new level.

When I first moved to Texas I would leave for work about 4:45am and when I left the apartment there were always bats flying around, I would literally sprint to my car every day covering my head, I must have looked like an idiot to anyone who seen me, my girlfriend would stand out on the balcony and laugh at me nearly everyday!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 25 years ago I came home from work, took a shower and went to bed as I lay down I almost immediately felt something on my leg I thought it was a mosquito or a fly so I went to brush it away and when I did I realized pretty quickly it wasn't an insect it was a fucking bat, I jumped up screaming like a bitch, grabbed my work boot and started swinging at it until I finally hit it, it fell to the ground and I gave it one final smack with the boot. I had always hated bats before that happened but that brought the hate to a new level.

When I first moved to Texas I would leave for work about 4:45am and when I left the apartment there were always bats flying around, I would literally sprint to my car every day covering my head, I must have looked like an idiot to anyone who seen me, my girlfriend would stand out on the balcony and laugh at me nearly everyday!

Wow! I found your kryptonite!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:spit:

So how big a strap on does she peg you with?