• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2019 Season thread

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay, Vikings football... Breaking hearts for nearly 60 years!!!

To me, this team has been good this year, just not great. Even the great teams lose games here and there, and the Seattle loss was understandable in the grand scheme of things. What makes this team a solid tier below the top teams is how they let the ones like the game in KC with Mahomes out and the game in Chicago slip away from them. Obviously, even the Green Bay game was winnable. But if they could just figure out how to beat Chicago on the road for once (or at all lately) and would have taken advantage of playing KC without Mahomes even in the game with a win there, this team could easily have been sitting at 10-2 right now even after the Seattle loss.

They're never going to be great if they can't get it together and actually be a great team on the road for a change. I'm actually surprised the game in Seattle was as close as it was. They need some serious changes on defense next season. I have to be honest about Cousins though, if he can keep playing the way he has been, I wouldn't want them to ever get rid of him until he either declines and/or gets old the point where a replacement has to be found. I'm tired of the constant QB changes this team has gone through for several decades, and I'm not seeing them start over again when Cousins is IMO playing like a clear cut top 10 these days. Even if Zimmer gets let go after next season, they need to hang onto Cousins longer unless they want to go complete and utter full rebuild mode again.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is we are still 8 - 4 and have four very winnable games remaining. We are a playoff team and there is no NFC team I think we don't have a shot against. We need Thielen back and somebody needs to tell Rhodes he's still playing under his rookie contract!!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is we are still 8 - 4 and have four very winnable games remaining. We are a playoff team and there is no NFC team I think we don't have a shot against. We need Thielen back and somebody needs to tell Rhodes he's still playing under his rookie contract!!

Rhodes, man what a classic example of a guy who got paid and then promptly started to decline. Given that he's still only 29 at CB with no major injuries under his belt, I'm convinced the dude just isn't putting in the same amount of effort and work into watching film/perfecting his craft anymore. I was worried about how he'd work out after getting paid when he said he purposelly ignored Zim's game plan along with another player (Newman or something) against Green Bay a few years back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weve absolutely proven we can play with anybody.

The problem is, in these big road games we have found a way to come up just short 3 times. GB, KC and Seattle were all winnable.

We are going to be playing on the road in the playoffs. So basically, expect a close game ending with a swift kick to the balls.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhodes, man what a classic example of a guy who got paid and then promptly started to decline. Given that he's still only 29 at CB with no major injuries under his belt, I'm convinced the dude just isn't putting in the same amount of effort and work into watching film/perfecting his craft anymore. I was worried about how he'd work out after getting paid when he said he purposelly ignored Zim's game plan along with another player (Newman or something) against Green Bay a few years back.

PFF has him ranked 109 out of 119

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 111 tops!!!

Yeah, he's awful these days. He's playing worse than the members of those horrendous Vikings secondary units they had before they signed Antoine Winfield way back in 2005 or whatever. Hell, he's arguably worse than Fred Smoot was for us at this point... I originally rated your post as "funny" but had to change it to "winner" for how painfully true it was.

Never thought I'd find myself saying we should keep Trae Waynes over Xavier Rhodes a couple years ago, but damn if I wasn't wrong. That once great defense from 2017 is going down the toilet real fast.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last piece I have on Cousins until he proves me wrong - When I say we should keep him, I don't mean that I wouldn't prefer they find a means of drafting a guy for the future instead. Obviously, landing a 22 or 23 year old rookie with 15+ potential years ahead of him would be amazing for the franchise, especially if he could be quantifiably better than Kirk.

But having followed this team since I was a kid in the 90's, I have to be honest with myself. This team is beyond snake bitten when it comes to drafting franchise quarterbacks. Unless Bill Belichick comes to the team (about as likely as Favre returning to win us a title), I'm done getting my hopes up for them drafting a guy they can call their own and compete as a top 5 type guy. I was pissed when they hung their hats on the ancient noodle-armed Brad Johnson and drafted T-Joke after trading the complete bumbling buffoon that was Culfumbler instead of pursuing Drew Brees. Cousins isn't Brees, but I'd feel the same way if they pulled that type of chit once his contract is up.

Forget drafting a guy unless one worthy of a top 5 pick actually comes along and they go all out to get him. Oh, along with getting a coaching staff that can actually bring up a QB. They've got decades of proving they can't grab a guy in the later rounds and make it work, or even the 1st round in Culfumbler's case.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last piece I have on Cousins until he proves me wrong - When I say we should keep him, I don't mean that I wouldn't prefer they find a means of drafting a guy for the future instead. Obviously, landing a 22 or 23 year old rookie with 15+ potential years ahead of him would be amazing for the franchise, especially if he could be quantifiably better than Kirk.

But having followed this team since I was a kid in the 90's, I have to be honest with myself. This team is beyond snake bitten when it comes to drafting franchise quarterbacks. Unless Bill Belichick comes to the team (about as likely as Favre returning to win us a title), I'm done getting my hopes up for them drafting a guy they can call their own and compete as a top 5 type guy. I was pissed when they hung their hats on the ancient noodle-armed Brad Johnson and drafted T-Joke after trading the complete bumbling buffoon that was Culfumbler instead of pursuing Drew Brees. Cousins isn't Brees, but I'd feel the same way if they pulled that type of chit once his contract is up.

Forget drafting a guy unless one worthy of a top 5 pick actually comes along and they go all out to get him. Oh, along with getting a coaching staff that can actually bring up a QB. They've got decades of proving they can't grab a guy in the later rounds and make it work, or even the 1st round in Culfumbler's case.

We have had the most success just signing other teams QB's who are seemingly past their prime, maybe Aaron Rodgers will be our QB in 2022... lolzzz

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had the most success just signing other teams QB's who are seemingly past their prime, maybe Aaron Rodgers will be our QB in 2022... lolzzz
That would be fucking hilarious. :laugh:

That would really cause conflict in the @Guns N Guitars household.... :pound:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly wouldn't put it past Erin to be every bit as vindictive towards the Packers as ol' Favre was if they tried to dethrone him before he felt fully ready for it himself.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we give up the garbage time TD instead of preserving the shut out.

They started out looking great in the first half, but man did the offense take a huge dump in the second half. Beating the Lions at home with Stafford out shouldn't have been this challenging.

Edit - Rudolph nabs the onside kick to all but put the final dagger in the game. That guy has been absolutely lights out the past few weeks since Thielen went down. Looking like a great resigning move now.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't put it past Erin to be every bit as vindictive towards the Packers as ol' Favre was if they tried to dethrone him before he felt fully ready for it himself.

He seems to be way more of an ass hole than Favre ever was.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay has been looking like pretenders the past couple weeks. Clown stomped by San Fran a week back, now barely beating Washington at home 20-15. They're definitely not as elite as their record indicates. They're going to get destroyed by the 49'ers or Saints in the playoffs if they get through wildcard weekend.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way that's #1

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we give up the garbage time TD instead of preserving the shut out.

They started out looking great in the first half, but man did the offense take a huge dump in the second half. Beating the Lions at home with Stafford out shouldn't have been this challenging.

Edit - Rudolph nabs the onside kick to all but put the final dagger in the game. That guy has been absolutely lights out the past few weeks since Thielen went down. Looking like a great resigning move now.

Hard to complain about, but yeah it annoyed me how we just played soft. Close the deal and shut the lions out

It's odd that defense is the teams weakness, especially against the pass

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is... because it was against the Saints... :heh:

admit it... you smiled after the 49ers scored last night...

Nope, I don't care for either team, I have a lot of friends who are Niners fans so I actually would have preferred the Saints won.