• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Victor Oladipo

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy was a victim of Scott Skiles' iffy rotation patterns in his final season in Orlando. Then, in his one season with OKC, he was having a career year through the first month of the season, averaging over 17 points on 39% three-point shooting. Then, he missed nine games with a sprained wrist and never regained his early-season confidence before bottoming out in the playoffs.

If he's ever going to reach his potential as an 18-20 PPG scorer, now might be the time at age 25. The rebuilding Pacers have a lot invested in him and will give him every opportunity to do so.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might put up 18 ppg on a bad Indy team.

I'm not super optimistic about either his or Indy's long term future, though. Outside of Turner... who is a nice piece... but a C in a league where centers aren't nearly as important as they used to be... what do they got going?

Oladipo?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not super optimistic about either his or Indy's long term future, though. Outside of Turner... who is a nice piece... but a C in a league where centers aren't nearly as important as they used to be... what do they got going?

Oladipo?

Myles Turner is still the centerpiece of this team. To me he's a young Jermaine O'Neal with his mid-range game as a big man. And hopefully, he's a healthier version of O'Neal. All in all, I think the big man in today's league is undervalued. Look at Rudy Gobert, for instance. He too will need to carry a greater offensive load in Utah with Hayward leaving.

Oladipo will also attract IU fans to the Fieldhouse and the Pacers should not lose anything in terms of attendance figures. He, Turner, and Lance Stephenson will keep this team interesting and worth watching.

I would be happy with something along the lines of 30-33 wins next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Whatever makes you feel better about the PG trade, Todd

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oladipo?

I don't agree that centers aren't nearly as important as they used to be. Their role is different and often times their minutes are limited -- but not exactly. Many people think the key to beating the Warriors could be a dominant big man who just beats the crap out of their forwards / outmatched centers. Does that big man exist? I think so, but I don't think he's currently experienced enough to threaten the Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna place a bet that the Pacers finish with a better record than the Lakers next year?

@handicappers You could help me pick out Shaqdaddy's dress.:clap:

They probably will.

But, is that a good thing?

The Pacers will probably win about 35 games. Not good enough to do any real damage, not bad enough to get a franchise player. The Lakers have a clear path toward becoming good again. I don't see that for the Pacers right now.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably will.

But, is that a good thing?

The Pacers will probably win about 35 games. Not good enough to do any real damage, not bad enough to get a franchise player.

You're pretty much right. But, there was no way we could enter that 2017-18 season with that malcontent on our roster. Oladipo/Stephenson/Turner will if nothing else create new vibes for our fan base.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Leaf is gonna be solid too.

Yes, homerism is at play because he's a UCLA guy.

But, the kid can shoot. Needs to get stronger, just like Turner, to reach his potential.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna place a bet that the Pacers finish with a better record than the Lakers next year?

So you can't think of anything better to say regarding basketball so we're back to personal attacks and rating the last 8 posts I put up "bullshit" because you can't come up with anything good?

You going to cry to the admins about @trojanfan12 again too?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure.

Only problem is, you fuck off when you think you're being bullied so you'll chicken out before the season even starts

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$20 Million per year for Oladipo? OKC gave out some stupid contracts.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$20 Million per year for Oladipo? OKC gave out some stupid contracts.

I think it worked out ok for the Thunder, without that locked up contract they aren't able to get George. Even if it's only for a year it's a win for OKC because they will get something else out of him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this on another thread, but will get more in depth here.

Oladipo is like a better version of Dion Waiters. They are both slashing 2 guards who need the ball in their hands to do their best work. Each was diminished playing alongside Westbrook. Waiters had a very similar dynamic in Cleveland playing alongside Kyrie. He finally broke out last year in a system where the ball moved better and he was given more opportunity to attack.

I expect the same from Oladipo this year. I don't think he is a great player, by any stretch, but he will post all star caliber numbers on a team that will give him every opportunity to excel. I am thinking about 20-5-5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only reason the Pacers would finish with a better record is because they play in the East as opposed to the Lakers who have to deal with the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, etc...

The Pacers roster as it stands now is no better than the Lakers. And given that the Pacers have McMillan as a coach, I doubt you see the Pacers win anything over 30 games.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason the Pacers would finish with a better record is because they play in the East as opposed to the Lakers who have to deal with the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, etc...

The Pacers roster as it stands now is no better than the Lakers. And given that the Pacers have McMillan as a coach, I doubt you see the Pacers win anything over 30 games.

Both rosters suck and the Lakers have more upside but the Pacers have less unknowns. I'd take the Pacers in 2017-2018 to have a better record but that likely changes pretty quickly heading into 2018-2019.

If they're going to build around Oladipo and Turner, they probably need to trade Ellis and Young. I'm sure they could get some value for them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid player that will probably hang around the league for a dozen seasons

But Id be surprised if he ever end up being more than "solid"

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't think of anything better to say regarding basketball so we're back to personal attacks and rating the last 8 posts I put up "bullshit" because you can't come up with anything good?

You going to cry to the admins about @trojanfan12 again too?

I'm sorry, I failed to realize that post #4 in this thread has actual basketball analysis in it. Sure, we'll bet...I'll post the thread regarding it in a couple weeks.