• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vic Fangio the new Head Coach.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm not saying Fangio will suck, i'm just saying that he doesn't strike me as a guy who's great head coach material. We'll see how it works out. I could be completely wrong.

To be fair, you're not the only one. According to reports, more than one NFL Executive claimed they were surprised that Fangio got the job at all. Said they don't think he has the temperament for being a HC in the NFL.

It'll be interesting. They also claim that Kubiak might not be calling plays, but more like a quality control coach with the title of OC. Said the same about Joe Woods focusing on DB's, but keeping the title of DC while Fangio calls the defense.

Bit of a weird non-linear business model, but why not bring the NFL into the new-world?

While everyone is out taking high risks trying to find the next McVay or Shannahan, we change the entire business model and look for someone who fits the new format.

The more I type, the more I like it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How he will be as the head guy is hard to say but schematically he and Kubiak can be tough to beat.

I am not going to get excited or down about it. I'll be hopeful.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So be it. Not a bad choice, although I was hoping for an Offensive mind and a strong DC. We've got it (apparently) the other way around. A few positives if this is true:

1) Chubb will reach his potential, 2) Von will be his old self, 3) DeMarcus Walker will be given a fair shake, 4) Jewell will reach his potential. And on Offense: 1) Keenum will benefit from a moving pocket and a complimentary run game, 2) Andy Janovich is back, 3) Our Offense will focus more on execution and play-calling will improve.

Big negative? Our O-Line will still suck ass.

Big negative? He likes 3 down ILB'ers. Both of ours are not. I don't think Jewell is long for our starting lineup given Fangio's history with fast ILB'ers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sadly Jewell probably doesn't fit his scheme well. :(

But I like fast LB's too..

Danny Trevathan types. :)

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if Fangio will be a good head coach. But as a diehard Bears fan, I can assure you that the Broncos got themselves one hell of a defensive mind to now run this team. Best of luck, hope he does well for you (unless of course our teams meet in the SB next year). :D

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy. This defense just got better and will play with the same swag as Phillips had them. We’ve found ourselves again

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big negative? He likes 3 down ILB'ers. Both of ours are not. I don't think Jewell is long for our starting lineup given Fangio's history with fast ILB'ers.

Well, our ILB's don't impress me in the least. If Fangio says they suck ass...they probably suck ass and I'd rather have what he wants there.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if Fangio will be a good head coach. But as a diehard Bears fan, I can assure you that the Broncos got themselves one hell of a defensive mind to now run this team. Best of luck, hope he does well for you (unless of course our teams meet in the SB next year). :D

So you are ok if we win the regular season match up next year? I will take any win I can get after the last 2 seasons.

It will be interesting where the Bears game falls on the schedule. I could see it being week 1 which means we start off at home again.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway goes back to what worked in 2015. Basically Dual HCs. Wade coached the defense and Gary stayed on the offensive side. Now its Vic and Gary.

Elway has a 3 year window. Looking like a try to win now. I suspect they will look to upgrade again the QB position. Elway seems to only succeed with something that someone else has done. Every time he tries something new the outcome s not good. He selected Brock when Wilson, Cousins, Foles were on the board, Lynch was a disaster, VJ for whatever reason barely lasted two years, seconds thoughts after one year. could have selected a top notch offensive guy in Kyle or McVay and not be on his 4th HC in 6 years.

Went back to Kubiak who is his blankey (last year it was potentially Mike Shanahan) . Fangio is a first time HC again with growing pains I would assume. Who makes the final call to go for it on 4th and 1.

Maybe this is Elway saying my personnel selections were good enough lst year to compete and the coaching lacked last year. I hope he's right . Another 6-10, 7-9 year would be hard to survive and even harder for us fans to endure.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are ok if we win the regular season match up next year? I will take any win I can get after the last 2 seasons.

It will be interesting where the Bears game falls on the schedule. I could see it being week 1 which means we start off at home again.
Oops, forgot we have a regular season game against each other next season. In that case, screw the good luck, I hope we crush him. Other than that game tho, best of luck Vic!!!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vfkvquz03n521.gif

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway goes back to what worked in 2015. Basically Dual HCs. Wade coached the defense and Gary stayed on the offensive side. Now its Vic and Gary.

Elway has a 3 year window. Looking like a try to win now. I suspect they will look to upgrade again the QB position. Elway seems to only succeed with something that someone else has done. Every time he tries something new the outcome s not good. He selected Brock when Wilson, Cousins, Foles were on the board, Lynch was a disaster, VJ for whatever reason barely lasted two years, seconds thoughts after one year. could have selected a top notch offensive guy in Kyle or McVay and not be on his 4th HC in 6 years.

Went back to Kubiak who is his blankey (last year it was potentially Mike Shanahan) . Fangio is a first time HC again with growing pains I would assume. Who makes the final call to go for it on 4th and 1.

Maybe this is Elway saying my personnel selections were good enough lst year to compete and the coaching lacked last year. I hope he's right . Another 6-10, 7-9 year would be hard to survive and even harder for us fans to endure.

It must suck to be a DB and Elway fan.....:dhd:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio press conference was actually good. Like that he said if he relied on Kubiak too much he’s in trouble.

Elway going the other way. Stopping the offense and running the ball are still his priorities.