• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vic Fangio the new Head Coach.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we don’t upgrade the QB, upgrading the OC may be enough. Kubiak won’t keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole. He’ll call plays better suited to the QB we have not the one we wish we had.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio will work with anyone
He’s been waiting 30 years to be a HC
And just happy to be given a chance

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with Kubiak being back in the coach area but I would have preferred an advanced offensive assistant/talent evaluator role. Our draft last year was so good and to lose any of the draft preparation going forward will be disappointing.

That being said Kubiak knows more about Keenum then maybe anyone and should be able to get the most out of him. I believe that a vet QB will not be high on the list going into the offseason, but I believe we will draft a QB at some point. I hope we bring in someone that we can see being an OC in a couple years as I am worried how long he will be able to coach.

I will be very, very surprised if we don't go QB early in the draft. I'm hoping for Will Grier personally.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on the parade, but Fangio to me feels like if he does well, he'll be a less charismatic John Fox at best. I could be totally wrong but he's never struck me as a guy who's great head coach material: rather an elite DC. We'll see though.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on the parade, but Fangio to me feels like if he does well, he'll be a less charismatic John Fox at best. I could be totally wrong but he's never struck me as a guy who's great head coach material: rather an elite DC. We'll see though.

Fox, the guy who was hear for just 4 years and delivered 4 AFC West titles and a conference title? That Fox?

We can say what we want about the guy but he was the right pick at the right time and if Fangio matches his success the next few years will be a lot more fun than the last couple.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox, the guy who was hear for just 4 years and delivered 4 AFC West titles and a conference title? That Fox?

We can say what we want about the guy but he was the right pick at the right time and if Fangio matches his success the next few years will be a lot more fun than the last couple.
True. I'm not saying Fangio will suck, i'm just saying that he doesn't strike me as a guy who's great head coach material. We'll see how it works out. I could be completely wrong.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm not saying Fangio will suck, i'm just saying that he doesn't strike me as a guy who's great head coach material. We'll see how it works out. I could be completely wrong.

2 SB appearances isn't great head coach material? Fox may be 0-2 in the SB, but there are a lot of coaches out there that don't even make it that far. If Fangio gets us to more than one SB, I'll consider him great.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old School - Old School! I love it!

Fangio gets two Kahlil Macks - with the Broncos - twice the fun. Go Broncos.

I'm more worried about how Kubiak will do.

Now we need an Eddie Jackson (Landon Collins?!) and Akeim Hicks (Ed Oliver/Jeffery Simmons?) and a complete overhaul at LB

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So be it. Not a bad choice, although I was hoping for an Offensive mind and a strong DC. We've got it (apparently) the other way around. A few positives if this is true:

1) Chubb will reach his potential, 2) Von will be his old self, 3) DeMarcus Walker will be given a fair shake, 4) Jewell will reach his potential. And on Offense: 1) Keenum will benefit from a moving pocket and a complimentary run game, 2) Andy Janovich is back, 3) Our Offense will focus more on execution and play-calling will improve.

Big negative? Our O-Line will still suck ass.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going in in optimistic that with 30 years in the NFL Fangio can find quality coaches for every level.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading more today about this hiring and I guess I can see the vision that the Broncos are trying to lay out. Obviously get our dominant defensive identity back, while getting a no-nonsense head man to stabilize the ship. From what I understand, the goal is to have Kubes run the offense while simultaneously grooming a new, young offensive coach to eventually take over his role.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Elway needs to have another 2018 draft this coming year and the team needs to have a clear identity and stick to it. Hopefully, Fangio is the guy to get that done. Probably looking at Keenum as the starter in 2019, as they get ready to go for it with a quarterback in the 2020 draft class. I'm sure they'll draft a QB this year too but may be waiting for better talent next year to throw all their cards on the table.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading more today about this hiring and I guess I can see the vision that the Broncos are trying to lay out. Obviously get our dominant defensive identity back, while getting a no-nonsense head man to stabilize the ship. From what I understand, the goal is to have Kubes run the offense while simultaneously grooming a new, young offensive coach to eventually take over his role.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Elway needs to have another 2018 draft this coming year and the team needs to have a clear identity and stick to it. Hopefully, Fangio is the guy to get that done. Probably looking at Keenum as the starter in 2019, as they get ready to go for it with a quarterback in the 2020 draft class. I'm sure they'll draft a QB this year too but may be waiting for better talent next year to throw all their cards on the table.
:agree:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just listening to 104.3 the Fan in Denver and they were speculating that Klint Kubiak will be the QB coach and that he might just be the target for grooming by his father, Gary. Kind of a similar mold to the ole Mike and Kyle Shanahan model.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just listening to 104.3 the Fan in Denver and they were speculating that Klint Kubiak will be the QB coach and that he might just be the target for grooming by his father, Gary. Kind of a similar mold to the ole Mike and Kyle Shanahan model.

John Elway 3:16 For Kube so loved the Broncos, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not punt, but have everlasting drives.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A safe hire.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn’t Elway just hire himself as head coach?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3