• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VERY Interesting Analysis: we won't see JJ or Urbom this year

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So i was perusing ILWT, which is by far the best in depth Devils analysis I've ever seen, and zeroed in on something very interesting. If the Devils have Urbom and JJ play too many more games in the NHL it activates their entry level contracts on the Devils cap space, AND they would qualify for UFA status a year earlier.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Explains allot as to why jj and urbom were sent down.thanks mc

ILWT also had a great article about how Albany has exploded since JJ was returned there, so he might as well play 20+ minutes per game there versus playing what would be 4th line center in NJ right now.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually brought up the play of jj and urbom during the game the other day.Albany is about an hour away from me think me and the wife may have to take a ride and catch a game there.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so its just like the Nats did with Strasburg will probably do with Harper this year

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ILWT also had a great article about how Albany has exploded since JJ was returned there, so he might as well play 20+ minutes per game there versus playing what would be 4th line center in NJ right now.

besides the obvious contract reasons....this post doesnt make sense. if they could play here without ufa hanging over their heads. why would they be 4th line duties? when rolston/zubrus and other players should be playing those mins?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
besides the obvious contract reasons....this post doesnt make sense. if they could play here without ufa hanging over their heads. why would they be 4th line duties? when rolston/zubrus and other players should be playing those mins?

Because JJ isn't going to be playing on any line right now over Zajac, Elias, and Arnott.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
see heres where we differ again. im assuming next year he will be tried for 2nd line center? would it not make sense to try him now? right now i'd have jj over elias as center any day of the week. arnott is gone in a month. only makes sense to get your young guys some time

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see heres where we differ again. im assuming next year he will be tried for 2nd line center? would it not make sense to try him now? right now i'd have jj over elias as center any day of the week. arnott is gone in a month. only makes sense to get your young guys some time

When I was making posts talking about the Devils injuries you specifically targeted JJ asking what he had done. (O point six games). There's no way that JJ is a better center than Elias ATM.

And if Arnott is gone in a month, that's when you call up JJ. You don't do it now as the 4th line center, when he could get in 15 more games in Albany between now and the deadline playing 20 minutes a game, and getting top PP time, etc,etc.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
season is lost dude. play the kids.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think at least josefons is ready but no room right now.

and you don't want them getting brian boucher syndrome for ten years by throwing them into the fire, so let them have fun and have success then next year its go time for at least josefson and i'd guess urbom too.

corrente doesn't have shit on urbom. and i think urboms better than tao and fayne too. overall

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think at least josefons is ready but no room right now.

and you don't want them getting brian boucher syndrome for ten years by throwing them into the fire, so let them have fun and have success then next year its go time for at least josefson and i'd guess urbom too.

corrente doesn't have shit on urbom. and i think urboms better than tao and fayne too. overall

Do you think JJ is ready to be an effective and beneficial NHLer or that making the jump wouldn't necessarily hurt him?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think it'd hurt him, his knowledge and ability is their, and he'd fit nicely on the 3rd line.

but, and i can't believe i'm saying this, over the past 2 weeks this machine isn't broken, so don't fix it.

he wouldn't get in the lineup because who do yout take out? zajac, elias? arnott? sure as hell can't do that and JJ does not belong with the 4th line, not that type of player and that WOULD hurt him, so he's best served in alb for now.