• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Thinks, More Likely Than Not, Urban Meyer Will NOT Coach Ohio State Next (2019) Season

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current odds from BetOnline on 2019 Ohio State coach:

Urban Meyer +125

Matt Campbell +175

Bob Stoops +1000
Jeff Brohm +1000
Ryan Day +1000

Pat Fitzgerald +1200

Brian Kelly +1600
Mike Gundy +1600

Dino Babers +1800
Lane Kiffin +1800

Mike Vrabel +2000
Tom Herman +2000

Jim Harbaugh +4000

Bill Belichick +5000

One interesting part here is that Urban is at +125, indicating that Vegas believes it is more likely than not that he will NOT be the Ohio State head coach next season.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Lane Kiffin and Jim Harbaugh as co-HC's for tOSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current odds from BetOnline on 2019 Ohio State coach:

Urban Meyer +125

Matt Campbell +175

Bob Stoops +1000
Jeff Brohm +1000
Ryan Day +1000

Pat Fitzgerald +1200

Brian Kelly +1600
Mike Gundy +1600

Dino Babers +1800
Lane Kiffin +1800

Mike Vrabel +2000
Tom Herman +2000

Jim Harbaugh +4000

Bill Belichick +5000

One interesting part here is that Urban is at +125, indicating that Vegas believes it is more likely than not that he will NOT be the Ohio State head coach next season.

I just made that comment to @Across The Field — if Haskins goes to the NFL draft, I think Urban talks about health issues again and bounces.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Bring in Bill Cowher

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yes you guys have — almost every team does it. It is to make the OL and QB guess if you are blitzing. Sometimes you drop in coverage, sometimes you actually blitz.

2. You guys have exclusively run man since Schiano came over as DC. Ash is the one who ran the zone quarters for your defense. Schiano switched it to man and you ran it in 2016, you ran it in 2017 and you run it this year. If you don’t believe me — maybe you will believe eleven warriors:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2018/02/91342/film-study-the-pros-and-cons-of-ohio-states-reliance-on-playing-man-coverage?amp

Took me all of two seconds to find an article stating almost exactly what I said to you.

3. Playing straight man is great if you have the personnel to be successful in it. The great defenses at MSU 5-6 years ago played it. OSU has done it the last 3 years. UM has done it the last 3 years. If you don’t have the type of CB’s needed or safeties to help out — you get what has happened to OSU this year — giving up a ton of big plays.

4. An extra one for you — on top of losing Sprinkle, Hubbard, Lewis and Lynal on the DL, you are don’t have Bosa — Getting after the QB can mask a secondaries weakness. A DL that struggles with the run can get masked by great LB’s.
Right now — Neither of these are working in OSU’s favor.

I also have a feeling — if Haskins leaves early for the NFL — Meyer will bow out with ‘health issues’ after this year.

You did?

I don't think Haskins has much to do with it. I think Urban is done regardless.

Yes — I said it at the bottom of my post on Tuesday. I think he sees big issues with OSU (as he did at Florida) and off the field drama (as he did at Florida) and he will say he is leaving for ‘health issues’ (as he did at Florida).

He is a great coach — you can’t argue with results, but problems seem to follow the guy around.

I will also call it out right now, if he does leave — Once a position opens at one of the premier schools — his health will be fine again.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, if a fanbase sells their soul for a coach that coach can't lose to Purdue.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes — I said it at the bottom of my post on Tuesday. I think he sees big issues with OSU (as he did at Florida) and off the field drama (as he did at Florida) and he will say he is leaving for ‘health issues’ (as he did at Florida).

He is a great coach — you can’t argue with results, but problems seem to follow the guy around.

I will also call it out right now, if he does leave — Once a position opens at one of the premier schools — his health will be fine again.
Wow. I mean, the comparison between the two programs is flimsier than cooked spaghetti, but I guess if that's what you want to go with. He's had nowhere even remotely close to the player legal issues as he did at Florida (nor did he at BG or Utah), and he has a 7-1 team that currently controls it's destiny in the CFP, but if this is how you funnel your OSU angst and frustration, alright.

Also, wasn't sure if you saw, but all charges against Zach Smith were dropped and his wife even signed a legal document that stated he never abused her, so it sounds like the moms were right. Also, again, you are aware that he has well-documented health issues that he's dealt with for a decade now, right?

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bert Belima to tOSU.......add some ground & pound, man! I can get you guys one hell of a recommendation letter from his previous employer....

Note: The fact that any earned salary Bert gets over the next 5 years reduces his buyout has NO impact on said recommendation letter or reference statements.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the season started that it wouldn't shock me if Urban retired after the season after all the bullshit with Zach Smith. He's got a guy on staff who has been offered multiple HC jobs and coached for OSU this year in Ryan Day, and I think that's the logical transition. My hope if this happens is that we're done with Greg Schiano and Alex Grinch becomes our full-time DC. I would also guess Kevin Wilson will be in place to take a HC job again elsewhere, so he'll need a new OC.

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the season started that it wouldn't shock me if Urban retired after the season after all the bullshit with Zach Smith. He's got a guy on staff who has been offered multiple HC jobs and coached for OSU this year in Ryan Day, and I think that's the logical transition. My hope if this happens is that we're done with Greg Schiano and Alex Grinch becomes our full-time DC. I would also guess Kevin Wilson will be in place to take a HC job again elsewhere, so he'll need a new OC.

You think he pulls a Stoops and goes out at an unorthodox time to insure Day gets the job?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he pulls a Stoops and goes out at an unorthodox time to insure Day gets the job?
I don't know that it's unorthodox, honestly. He has health issues, and it's not like he has anything else to prove. He's got plenty of money, and he has grandchildren in his life now. I'd retire if I were him. It does help to keep Day, but the timing also just happens to make sense.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose again and he does a Spurrier?

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that it's unorthodox, honestly. He has health issues, and it's not like he has anything else to prove. He's got plenty of money, and he has grandchildren in his life now. I'd retire if I were him. It does help to keep Day, but the timing also just happens to make sense.

Yea, by unorthodox I meant maybe not resign at the end of the year, but just before spring ball next year to insure Day gets the job.

If the job opens with all the others, is Day a shoe-in to get it? Isn't he head-coach-in-waiting, or something like that? Of course, other than Jimbo, that never really has worked out......................

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, by unorthodox I meant maybe not resign at the end of the year, but just before spring ball next year to insure Day gets the job.

If the job opens with all the others, is Day a shoe-in to get it? Isn't he head-coach-in-waiting, or something like that? Of course, other than Jimbo, that never really has worked out......................
I think for the sake of recruiting, if he steps down, he won't wait that long. I think given that Day was the man to step in for Urban when he went down, he'll at least be offered the job. It's a great spot for him, given his familiarity with the team, especially the QBs.