• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Thinks, More Likely Than Not, Urban Meyer Will NOT Coach Ohio State Next (2019) Season

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m taking the easy money and Urban. Dudes, Ohio State lost 1 game. The sky isn’t falling, they just had a bad night at a place that even Jim Tressel lost a few times at. Ohio State still controls it’s own destiny and yes I understand they have problems as does every team (except maybe the one steamrolling everyone).

I still don’t think this will be his last year. An certainly not because they lost to Purdue.
Very rational thinking, though I think you might have more optimism than I do. He came in to OSU with a lot of fire on the sidelines and wouldn't settle for anything, even in blowout wins. Now it sounds like he's basically making excuses. Like I said earlier, whatever he had when he first came here 6 years ago, it just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering since last year when the next Urban "health crises" would make an appearance. And this was before all the off-season crap hit the fan this year.

I do think the health problems are real, but I think they are also brought on by extreme anxiety over his perceived ability to be a dominant coach. Even though he's gone to the college playoffs twice - and won it once - I think he's had enough conference setbacks the last few years that he no longer feels he's the dominant player in the Big 10 that he was when he first arrived. His desire to be perfect - or near-perfect - is what drives his anxiety to the point of impeding his health.

Just my humble opinion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering since last year when the next Urban "health crises" would make an appearance. And this was before all the off-season crap hit the fan this year.

I do think the health problems are real, but I think they are also brought on by extreme anxiety over his perceived ability to be a dominant coach. Even though he's gone to the college playoffs twice - and won it once - I think he's had enough conference setbacks the last few years that he no longer feels he's the dominant player in the Big 10 that he was when he first arrived. His desire to be perfect - or near-perfect - is what drives his anxiety to the point of impeding his health.

Just my humble opinion.
Nailed it.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Urban leaves, OSU will get a championship winning coach....

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never a felony charge, dumbass. Criminal trespassing is a misdemeanor. After she stated that he never threatened her or did anything worthy of having that charge, they reduced it, and he agreed to the 3 year protection thing as part of it. And again, he even offered through his lawyer to make it a lifetime order AND he requested it to be mutual. He accepted it because he didn't want anything to do with being dragged through a trial when all he has to do now is pay a fine + court costs.

On Meyer, you are free to believe what you want. If he left us tomorrow, I can guarantee you no OSU fans other than the idiots would be butthurt like Florida fans are. Again, facts are facts. Florida was a shitshow long before he got there in terms of the environment, and it remains a shitshow today. That wasn't simply him coming in there, and I'd hope you wouldn't be that biased to believe it, but I guess you never know. I mean, have you not noticed how those discipline problems didn't follow him to OSU? If anything, he did a remarkable job of cleaning house from players who were already there and were problems off the field, and the guys he's brought in have, by in large, been fine.

I will take that bet about OSU losing 3-4 games next year if Haskins leaves. He didn't leave Florida because of one down year. I mean, that's one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard. People who are successful as he's been in his career simply don't do that. OSU still has plenty of talent, there's no denying it. Martel has shown no signs of being a bust, and if Day takes the job, clearly he will have experience with him.

Keep wishing about that giant OSU decline. If Mathis busts, I'm not worried. We have at least 2 years of Martell, Mathis will be there, as will Matt Baldwin (over 4,000 yards and 44 TDs for Lake Charles his senior year), and 2020 top 5 QB Jack Miller.

Criminal trespassing is a felony in many states — Ohio isn’t one of them. What Ohio is though, is a state that can put you in jail for up to 6 months for criminal trespassing. So while I know you believe everything Zach Smith says, because he is such an honorable guy, he took a plea for one reason and one reason only — to assure no jail time.

And yeah — nothing followed him to OSU. Everything has been great other than an Investigation into the program where he allowed coaches to do whatever they wanted and at times not even show up to work. Yeah — that’s normal. Just like it is normal to clear the history off your cell for the first time once the story hits and it is normal to remember everything about football, but forget pertinent information from a few weeks ago. The guy is all about himself. He literally had a video of his RB hitting a girl and OSU fans will honestly say — no he didn’t, he just flipped her off. Zero tolerance. Zach Smith did whatever he wanted for YEARS and Meyer turned a blind eye, because he could recruit. JT Barrett gets a DUI, but it was just barely. Everything is an excuse.

And since it was a shit show before Meyer — why is there dozens of articles stating exactly what I said? Are they all lying too?

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

Urban Meyer Leaving Florida, But What's The Real Reason?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/miami....9/article-tears-down-urban-meyers-legend/amp/

These quote his own damn players talking about how they basically ran the program and did whatever they wanted.

Meyer cares about one person and it is himself and his legacy — see how fast he cut ties with Smith once the shit hit the fan at He stayed a year too long at Florida. Lost 1/3 of his total games at Florida in his last year. I think he sees similarities coming, as he doesn’t have his built in stud QB waiting in the wings if Haskins leaves, they have issues defensively and not much depth along the front 7 and an OL that’s has issues, so he will bail after the season. He will say it is health related again and once another job opens he can succeed at — he will take that job. Rinse and repeat.

This is just my outside opinion, but I do think it is funny that after stating it a few days ago, odds come out today with Meyer being most likely to leave. Makes me think I’m spot on

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very rational thinking, though I think you might have more optimism than I do. He came in to OSU with a lot of fire on the sidelines and wouldn't settle for anything, even in blowout wins. Now it sounds like he's basically making excuses. Like I said earlier, whatever he had when he first came here 6 years ago, it just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I doubt we’re having this conversation if you guys beat Purdue.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Ohio State moves on from Meyer this off season. The school is still rather lucrative, if that job becomes available then there will be a few good names interested.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we’re having this conversation if you guys beat Purdue.
I was saying it at the beginning of the season though. At least, I was saying I'd understand it given the shit he went through in the offseason.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying it at the beginning of the season though. At least, I was saying I'd understand it given the shit he went through in the offseason.

I do remember you saying something like that while we were disagreeing before the year. It’s just seems silly to me, they lose one game and now suddenly the sky is falling for urb? Yeah I don’t buy it. I’m betting ya’s beat Michigan too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know at any point his head could spin 360 and he could wind up in the funny farm.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Criminal trespassing is a felony in many states — Ohio isn’t one of them. What Ohio is though, is a state that can put you in jail for up to 6 months for criminal trespassing. So while I know you believe everything Zach Smith says, because he is such an honorable guy, he took a plea for one reason and one reason only — to assure no jail time.

And yeah — nothing followed him to OSU. Everything has been great other than an Investigation into the program where he allowed coaches to do whatever they wanted and at times not even show up to work. Yeah — that’s normal. Just like it is normal to clear the history off your cell for the first time once the story hits and it is normal to remember everything about football, but forget pertinent information from a few weeks ago. The guy is all about himself. He literally had a video of his RB hitting a girl and OSU fans will honestly say — no he didn’t, he just flipped her off. Zero tolerance. Zach Smith did whatever he wanted for YEARS and Meyer turned a blind eye, because he could recruit. JT Barrett gets a DUI, but it was just barely. Everything is an excuse.

And since it was a shit show before Meyer — why is there dozens of articles stating exactly what I said? Are they all lying too?

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

Urban Meyer Leaving Florida, But What's The Real Reason?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/miami....9/article-tears-down-urban-meyers-legend/amp/

These quote his own damn players talking about how they basically ran the program and did whatever they wanted.

Meyer cares about one person and it is himself and his legacy — see how fast he cut ties with Smith once the shit hit the fan at He stayed a year too long at Florida. Lost 1/3 of his total games at Florida in his last year. I think he sees similarities coming, as he doesn’t have his built in stud QB waiting in the wings if Haskins leaves, they have issues defensively and not much depth along the front 7 and an OL that’s has issues, so he will bail after the season. He will say it is health related again and once another job opens he can succeed at — he will take that job. Rinse and repeat.

This is just my outside opinion, but I do think it is funny that after stating it a few days ago, odds come out today with Meyer being most likely to leave. Makes me think I’m spot on
This is horseshit. I've stated my opinion on it several times so I'm not rehashing it, but this is absurd.

Secondly, show me the video of Hyde hitting a girl. I've said multiple times he pushed her, which he did, and he had every right to when she swung at him. Hardly an out of control player. I've said multiple times he should've fired Zach years ago. So what? If you looked at her allegations objectively and have paid attention to the subsequent police actions and statements from her own mother, you would be at the very least skeptical of her claims. Barrett blew barely over the legal limit and only got stopped for turning down a street before a checkpoint. There's no doubt in my mind that you have driven at that BAC before, just as everyone on this board who has ever driven home from a bar has done.

Congratulations for finding a bunch of opinion pieces. You do realize those articles back up exactly what I've said right? Florida is a toxic environment, through and through. The issues Urban had are issues that every frickin coach has there.

"I think he sees similarities coming, as he doesn’t have his built in stud QB waiting in the wings if Haskins leaves" - Retarded. His hand-picked stud QB, ranked #56 overall in his entire class, is waiting right behind Haskins, and has looked great it limited time this year. He even has the OSU record for most amount of passes completed with a 100% completion rate. Good god, once again, you're just overflowing with bullshit. I know you're biased, but you could at least exercise at least some level of objectivity.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember you saying something like that while we were disagreeing before the year. It’s just seems silly to me, they lose one game and now suddenly the sky is falling for urb? Yeah I don’t buy it. I’m betting ya’s beat Michigan too.
I don't think the sky is falling at all. His leaving (should it happen) has nothing to do with Purdue, and everything to do with his personal life and prioritizing football. I'm not saying it's for sure, but I would be leaning that direction if I were him. And don't you jinx us, mfer.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every great coach burns out at some time or another.
When they start losing to teams like Purdue, it should send a signal that their interest level and involvement has slipped a notch or two.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horseshit. I've stated my opinion on it several times so I'm not rehashing it, but this is absurd.

Secondly, show me the video of Hyde hitting a girl. I've said multiple times he pushed her, which he did, and he had every right to when she swung at him. Hardly an out of control player. I've said multiple times he should've fired Zach years ago. So what? If you looked at her allegations objectively and have paid attention to the subsequent police actions and statements from her own mother, you would be at the very least skeptical of her claims. Barrett blew barely over the legal limit and only got stopped for turning down a street before a checkpoint. There's no doubt in my mind that you have driven at that BAC before, just as everyone on this board who has ever driven home from a bar has done.

Congratulations for finding a bunch of opinion pieces. You do realize those articles back up exactly what I've said right? Florida is a toxic environment, through and through. The issues Urban had are issues that every frickin coach has there.

"I think he sees similarities coming, as he doesn’t have his built in stud QB waiting in the wings if Haskins leaves" - Retarded. His hand-picked stud QB, ranked #56 overall in his entire class, is waiting right behind Haskins, and has looked great it limited time this year. He even has the OSU record for most amount of passes completed with a 100% completion rate. Good god, once again, you're just overflowing with bullshit. I know you're biased, but you could at least exercise at least some level of objectivity.

I don’t think you remember how you defended Smith. I’m not the only one in this thread who mentioned it. We don’t have to rehash it though.

The articles state Meyer was responsible for the toxic environment because he’d turn a blind eye to off field issues, give slaps on the wrists and let the players run the asylum. As long as they could help him win — he’d bail them out of any situation. It is why people laugh at his ‘zero tolerance’ talk, because it means nothing. It is why people laughed when you said Meyer was a disciplinarian, as he is the furthest from that.

So your backup completed passes against the 2nd and 3rd string from Rutgers, Oregon State and Tulane and you think that means you are set at QB? Does that mean Dylan McCaffrey is going to win the Heisman when he takes over? in 9 carries this year (only 8 officially) — he has a 50 yard TD run and an 80 yard TD run? It is playing backups against some of the worst teams in CFB.

I’m not speaking biased — I’m giving you my honest opinion. I respect Meyer as a coach (I’m on record saying I admire what Meyer has done winning NC’s in two different conferences, in two different parts of the US), but I laugh at his talk about zero tolerance and respecting women, etc., because he is full of it. He only cares about one thing and that is himself. He didn’t fire Smith because he was a tremendous recruiter, but when shit hit the fan, he cut him loose immediately and went to saving his own ass (by deleting messages and saying he never talked to his wife about messages from Courtney).

I don’t think he left Florida for any other reason than he saw the writing on the wall. He knew exactly what typenof roster he had and with Tebow leaving, it was only going to get worse. IF, it were a legitimate health reason — the LAST thing he’d do is take a job at ESPN and then a year later at OSU. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

And I think right now — he sees issues with this OSU team and the guy who has kept it together for OSU (Haskins) could be leaving to the NFL. Like at Florida after losing 5 games his last year — he jumped from a sinking ship he created. I think he sees flaws at OSU and he will jump before the problems become worse and it effects his record and legacy at OSU.

That’s just my thoughts.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if Meyer takes a powder after Bowl season, will tOSU promote from within? If Rutgers doesn't give Schiano a second chance, is he a candidate?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promoting from within worked out so well last time, lets do it again.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea no way Schiano is ever the HC at Ohio State

If Meyer bails after this season i'd bet the house on Day being the HC next season.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the sky is falling at all. His leaving (should it happen) has nothing to do with Purdue, and everything to do with his personal life and prioritizing football. I'm not saying it's for sure, but I would be leaning that direction if I were him. And don't you jinx us, mfer.

I would never jinx ya. Also I don’t Harbaugh will beat Meyer as UM HC.