• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Thinks, More Likely Than Not, Urban Meyer Will NOT Coach Ohio State Next (2019) Season

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I mean, the comparison between the two programs is flimsier than cooked spaghetti, but I guess if that's what you want to go with. He's had nowhere even remotely close to the player legal issues as he did at Florida (nor did he at BG or Utah), and he has a 7-1 team that currently controls it's destiny in the CFP, but if this is how you funnel your OSU angst and frustration, alright.

Also, wasn't sure if you saw, but all charges against Zach Smith were dropped and his wife even signed a legal document that stated he never abused her, so it sounds like the moms were right. Also, again, you are aware that he has well-documented health issues that he's dealt with for a decade now, right?

Zach Smith took a plea deal — he said he would sign a multi-year personal protection order (I believe it was 3 years) — if they’d drop the charges down to a misdemeanor.

So he can’t go within 500 yards of his ex-wife for 3 years, but other than that, yeah, he was innocent:L

And you know first hand — I am as level headed as you will get for someone who isn’t an OSU fan. I just call it like I see.

Urban is a tremendous coach, but you could see this year — OSU wasn’t the same team they had in the past. They don’t have the type of players on defense they’ve had in years past and their offense is one dimensional (though that one dimension is tremendous) as their OL has struggled, that’s why their red zone offense isn’t very good.

I think Meyer can see — if Haskins walks, OSU could be in for a down year or two (by OSU standards) and he doesn’t want that to tarnish his record. It is the same he walked from Florida and immediately took a job with ESPN and was back on the sideline within what, a year?

And his ‘well documented’ health issue — it affects his memory, but only his memory regarding investigation questions, because his own assistant coach stated to investigators — Urban can tell you about individual plays, what defense it was up against and exactly when the plays happened from years and years ago, yet when asked about a few weeks ago — that is his built in excuse.

As I said — Urban is a tremendous coach, but he only cares about one thing and that is Urban Meyer. If he sees cracks in OSU, he will jump ship and I think Haskins is the key. If Haskins walks — I think Meyer walks with him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Smith took a plea deal — he said he would sign a multi-year personal protection order (I believe it was 3 years) — if they’d drop the charges down to a misdemeanor.

So he can’t go within 500 yards of his ex-wife for 3 years, but other than that, yeah, he was innocent:L

And you know first hand — I am as level headed as you will get for someone who isn’t an OSU fan. I just call it like I see.

Urban is a tremendous coach, but you could see this year — OSU wasn’t the same team they had in the past. They don’t have the type of players on defense they’ve had in years past and their offense is one dimensional (though that one dimension is tremendous) as their OL has struggled, that’s why their red zone offense isn’t very good.

I think Meyer can see — if Haskins walks, OSU could be in for a down year or two (by OSU standards) and he doesn’t want that to tarnish his record. It is the same he walked from Florida and immediately took a job with ESPN and was back on the sideline within what, a year?

And his ‘well documented’ health issue — it affects his memory, but only his memory regarding investigation questions, because his own assistant coach stated to investigators — Urban can tell you about individual plays, what defense it was up against and exactly when the plays happened from years and years ago, yet when asked about a few weeks ago — that is his built in excuse.

As I said — Urban is a tremendous coach, but he only cares about one thing and that is Urban Meyer. If he sees cracks in OSU, he will jump ship and I think Haskins is the key. If Haskins walks — I think Meyer walks with him.
LOL they dropped the charges because they were erroneous. She even admitted there were no threats of violence or violent acts. Zach himself offered to make it a lifetime order but they said 3 years was enough, and he requested it be a mutual order. He's even offered to sit down with McMurphy so he can get his side, but McMurphy won't do it. Obviously not wanting to launch back into this, but it hardly means anything was on Urban here.

Why would OSU be in for a down year? Tate Martell was hand-picked by Urban, and he's looked plenty capable this year. They also have Dwan Mathis, another top 10 QB recruit, in the fold for 2019. They have plenty of RB/WR/TE talent. Why on earth are they going to suddenly take a downturn?

And his only health issue is memory loss? Are you kidding me? He was hospitalized with chest pains, he was having massive anxiety attacks which caused him to lose an unhealthy amount of weight and become depressed, and the only way he could sleep was by taking Ambien. A simple Google search will unearth that.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...his-battle-with-anxiety-and-depression-091316

The fact that you still call this a "built-in excuse" is remarkably ignorant. He left Florida because it was a toxic situation all-around, and if you pay attention to the discipline issues that have remained there through 3 subsequent head coaches (and that have been there basically since the Spurrier days), you'd realize it was hardly just an "Urban" issue.

Nearly a decade has past since he left Florida, and since then he's further cemented his place in CFB history. He has no reason to keep coaching other than he loves to do it. I said months ago that this offseason likely took a huge toll, and it appears I was right.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Urban drops out of OSU this year...when does he take over
at Notre Dame?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m taking the easy money and Urban. Dudes, Ohio State lost 1 game. The sky isn’t falling, they just had a bad night at a place that even Jim Tressel lost a few times at. Ohio State still controls it’s own destiny and yes I understand they have problems as does every team (except maybe the one steamrolling everyone).

I still don’t think this will be his last year. An certainly not because they lost to Purdue.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL they dropped the charges because they were erroneous. She even admitted there were no threats of violence or violent acts. Zach himself offered to make it a lifetime order but they said 3 years was enough, and he requested it be a mutual order. He's even offered to sit down with McMurphy so he can get his side, but McMurphy won't do it. Obviously not wanting to launch back into this, but it hardly means anything was on Urban here.

Why would OSU be in for a down year? Tate Martell was hand-picked by Urban, and he's looked plenty capable this year. They also have Dwan Mathis, another top 10 QB recruit, in the fold for 2019. They have plenty of RB/WR/TE talent. Why on earth are they going to suddenly take a downturn?

And his only health issue is memory loss? Are you kidding me? He was hospitalized with chest pains, he was having massive anxiety attacks which caused him to lose an unhealthy amount of weight and become depressed, and the only way he could sleep was by taking Ambien. A simple Google search will unearth that.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...his-battle-with-anxiety-and-depression-091316

The fact that you still call this a "built-in excuse" is remarkably ignorant. He left Florida because it was a toxic situation all-around, and if you pay attention to the discipline issues that have remained there through 3 subsequent head coaches (and that have been there basically since the Spurrier days), you'd realize it was hardly just an "Urban" issue.

Nearly a decade has past since he left Florida, and since then he's further cemented his place in CFB history. He has no reason to keep coaching other than he loves to do it. I said months ago that this offseason likely took a huge toll, and it appears I was right.
I guess the dozen or so sites reporting have it wrong and he didn’t cop a plea to a lesser charge?!? And part of that plea wasn’t a 3 year PPO?!?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wk...-to-disorderly-conduct&contentId=95-607327726

And if Urban had this debilitating sickness and truly wanted to spend time with his family — he wouldn’t have went to work at ESPN after leaving Florida and then sign immediately to coach at OSU. Florida was a sinking ship (finished around .500 and multiple recruiting classes had a bunch of busts, especially at QB) and he jumped off it, but it was a sinking ship because of the culture he allowed to take over the locker room. There are many articles written about this.

And you can say it is a legitimate health issue, but the only people believing him are OSU fans. Let me guess — you think he truthfully couldn’t remember questions asked by the investigators (because of his medication), yet it has zero effect on his memory regarding football. Come on — you are smarter than that.

As I said - Meyer is a tremendous coach, but he only cares about himself and as soon as he sees a crack in OSU, he will do the same thing he did to Florida. It is who he is. IMO, if Haskins decides to go pro, which I think could happen, as it is a weak class as Herbert is almost assuredly coming back to Oregon — Urban will follow him put the door.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the dozen or so sites reporting have it wrong and he didn’t cop a plea to a lesser charge?!? And part of that plea wasn’t a 3 year PPO?!?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wkyc.com/amp/article?section=sports&subsection=college&topic=osu&headline=ex-ohio-state-wr-coach-zach-smith-pleads-guilty-to-disorderly-conduct&contentId=95-607327726

And if Urban had this debilitating sickness and truly wanted to spend time with his family — he wouldn’t have went to work at ESPN after leaving Florida and then sign immediately to coach at OSU. Florida was a sinking ship (finished around .500 and multiple recruiting classes had a bunch of busts, especially at QB) and he jumped off it, but it was a sinking ship because of the culture he allowed to take over the locker room. There are many articles written about this.

And you can say it is a legitimate health issue, but the only people believing him are OSU fans. Let me guess — you think he truthfully couldn’t remember questions asked by the investigators (because of his medication), yet it has zero effect on his memory regarding football. Come on — you are smarter than that.

As I said - Meyer is a tremendous coach, but he only cares about himself and as soon as he sees a crack in OSU, he will do the same thing he did to Florida. It is who he is. IMO, if Haskins decides to go pro, which I think could happen, as it is a weak class as Herbert is almost assuredly coming back to Oregon — Urban will follow him put the door.
I don't recall saying either of those things weren't true. They reduced his charge because it was obvious that Criminal Trespassing wasn't warranted.

Also, are you kidding me about Urban? He took a year off and had a cushy job as an analyst, meaning all he had to do was appear on TV a few times and talk about football. It's about as non-stressful as it gets, and I'm guessing he was not quite working the hours he did as a coach. Florida was - and has been and still is - a toxic environment. He pushed himself far too hard, as has been documented, and he left and was able to get his dream job.

You're probably right. Nothing he's said about his health, despite numerous hospital visits and doctor reports, are true. We all know all-time great head coaches who dedicate themselves to coaching at an elite level are known for wanting to just take time off for no reason. You're smarter than that.

You're full of shit, plain and simple. He's given absolutely no indication of wanting to skip town, and being 7-1 is hardly a "crack". Clearly the defense needs to be fixed, but it's hardly something that's impossible. He left Florida for good reason, and the parallels to Ohio State simply aren't there. Acting like you know "who he is" is, as I said, bullshit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall saying either of those things weren't true. They reduced his charge because it was obvious that Criminal Trespassing wasn't warranted.

Also, are you kidding me about Urban? He took a year off and had a cushy job as an analyst, meaning all he had to do was appear on TV a few times and talk about football. It's about as non-stressful as it gets, and I'm guessing he was not quite working the hours he did as a coach. Florida was - and has been and still is - a toxic environment. He pushed himself far too hard, as has been documented, and he left and was able to get his dream job.

You're probably right. Nothing he's said about his health, despite numerous hospital visits and doctor reports, are true. We all know all-time great head coaches who dedicate themselves to coaching at an elite level are known for wanting to just take time off for no reason. You're smarter than that.

You're full of shit, plain and simple. He's given absolutely no indication of wanting to skip town, and being 7-1 is hardly a "crack". Clearly the defense needs to be fixed, but it's hardly something that's impossible. He left Florida for good reason, and the parallels to Ohio State simply aren't there. Acting like you know "who he is" is, as I said, bullshit.

HE ACCEPTED A PLEA DEAL!!!! That is the only reason his charges were reduced. Not dropped, not dismissed.......reduced. Meaning he plead guilty. She got what she wanted — a long term restraining order. He got what he wanted, a felony charge reduced.

And I’m dead serious about Meyer. IF he left Florida to focus on his health and spend more time with his family — the LAST thing someone would do is take a job at ESPN, where every week he is going to have to travel a bare minimum of back and forth to Connecticut to do the shows and if it is an off-site game, he will have to travel to wherever ESPN sends him. That’s not including all the leg work he’d have to spend researching topics each and every week. That’s how he decided to spend time working on his health and spending time with his family?!?! Then a year later he takes another HC job??. OSU fans cannot be this foolish. He left because Florida he just had a .500 season and they were a complete shitshow. That’s why Florida fans were so pissed.

And Meyer didn’t WANT to take time off, but he saw how poor the recruiting classes he brought into Florida were doing. They didn’t have a QB and he had lost control of the locker room. If he stayed — his record and legacy at Florida would have been tarnished. So he jumped ship. When the OSU job became open — he was all of sudden healthy and had spent enough time with his family (when he wasn’t traveling every week for ESPN)

I will leave it at this — I called Urban leaving before any of this coming up. And I don’t think it has anything to do with his health. If Haskins goes — I bet OSU losses 3 or 4 games next year. And also — I’ve watched Dwan Mathis play in person twice in the last year — there is a reason why he only had 10 offers and other than MSU, no other big schools offered. The game I watched this year — Mathis was 6 for 18 for 101 yards and an int. This wasn’t even against one of the top teams like Cass Tech or Belleville either. So don’t be surprised if Mathis isn’t around long if OSU has someone better commit.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bert Belima to tOSU.......add some ground & pound, man! I can get you guys one hell of a recommendation letter from his previous employer....

Note: The fact that any earned salary Bert gets over the next 5 years reduces his buyout has NO impact on said recommendation letter or reference statements.
#Jenbelima

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are STILL reading things this piece of garbage says and taking it at face value? :L
Courtney Smith's lawyer refutes protection order is 'mutual'

Unless Sports Illustrated is also in collusion with McMurphy and everyone else you feel is out to get him/urban/osu?

He took a plea dead. The protection order was NOT mutual. I doubt McMurphy wants to talk to this filth as it is no longer a story and he probably has a lot more important things to do. He isn't a coach in football anymore and all he would do is give up more lies and bullshit. Of course he wants to talk to McMurhpy, the dipshit cannot shut his mouth and go away. He's determined to keep making deeper and deeper holes for himself and continue to make things more uncomfortable for the university which just wishes he would vanish.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE ACCEPTED A PLEA DEAL!!!! That is the only reason his charges were reduced. Not dropped, not dismissed.......reduced. Meaning he plead guilty. She got what she wanted — a long term restraining order. He got what he wanted, a felony charge reduced.

And I’m dead serious about Meyer. IF he left Florida to focus on his health and spend more time with his family — the LAST thing someone would do is take a job at ESPN, where every week he is going to have to travel a bare minimum of back and forth to Connecticut to do the shows and if it is an off-site game, he will have to travel to wherever ESPN sends him. That’s not including all the leg work he’d have to spend researching topics each and every week. That’s how he decided to spend time working on his health and spending time with his family?!?! Then a year later he takes another HC job??. OSU fans cannot be this foolish. He left because Florida he just had a .500 season and they were a complete shitshow. That’s why Florida fans were so pissed.

And Meyer didn’t WANT to take time off, but he saw how poor the recruiting classes he brought into Florida were doing. They didn’t have a QB and he had lost control of the locker room. If he stayed — his record and legacy at Florida would have been tarnished. So he jumped ship. When the OSU job became open — he was all of sudden healthy and had spent enough time with his family (when he wasn’t traveling every week for ESPN)

I will leave it at this — I called Urban leaving before any of this coming up. And I don’t think it has anything to do with his health. If Haskins goes — I bet OSU losses 3 or 4 games next year. And also — I’ve watched Dwan Mathis play in person twice in the last year — there is a reason why he only had 10 offers and other than MSU, no other big schools offered. The game I watched this year — Mathis was 6 for 18 for 101 yards and an int. This wasn’t even against one of the top teams like Cass Tech or Belleville either. So don’t be surprised if Mathis isn’t around long if OSU has someone better commit.

0292b72eab269c7903683de6ae5ea4d4.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was never a felony charge, dumbass. Criminal trespassing is a misdemeanor. After she stated that he never threatened her or did anything worthy of having that charge, they reduced it, and he agreed to the 3 year protection thing as part of it. And again, he even offered through his lawyer to make it a lifetime order AND he requested it to be mutual. He accepted it because he didn't want anything to do with being dragged through a trial when all he has to do now is pay a fine + court costs.

On Meyer, you are free to believe what you want. If he left us tomorrow, I can guarantee you no OSU fans other than the idiots would be butthurt like Florida fans are. Again, facts are facts. Florida was a shitshow long before he got there in terms of the environment, and it remains a shitshow today. That wasn't simply him coming in there, and I'd hope you wouldn't be that biased to believe it, but I guess you never know. I mean, have you not noticed how those discipline problems didn't follow him to OSU? If anything, he did a remarkable job of cleaning house from players who were already there and were problems off the field, and the guys he's brought in have, by in large, been fine.

I will take that bet about OSU losing 3-4 games next year if Haskins leaves. He didn't leave Florida because of one down year. I mean, that's one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard. People who are successful as he's been in his career simply don't do that. OSU still has plenty of talent, there's no denying it. Martel has shown no signs of being a bust, and if Day takes the job, clearly he will have experience with him.

Keep wishing about that giant OSU decline. If Mathis busts, I'm not worried. We have at least 2 years of Martell, Mathis will be there, as will Matt Baldwin (over 4,000 yards and 44 TDs for Lake Charles his senior year), and 2020 top 5 QB Jack Miller.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are STILL reading things this piece of garbage says and taking it at face value? :L
Courtney Smith's lawyer refutes protection order is 'mutual'

Unless Sports Illustrated is also in collusion with McMurphy and everyone else you feel is out to get him/urban/osu?

He took a plea dead. The protection order was NOT mutual. I doubt McMurphy wants to talk to this filth as it is no longer a story and he probably has a lot more important things to do. He isn't a coach in football anymore and all he would do is give up more lies and bullshit. Of course he wants to talk to McMurhpy, the dipshit cannot shut his mouth and go away. He's determined to keep making deeper and deeper holes for himself and continue to make things more uncomfortable for the university which just wishes he would vanish.
I don't know that it was granted, but he REQUESTED it to be mutual. He wants nothing to do with that woman clearly, and NOTHING she has alleged has been proven yet. Also, good on you for being there for all of the alleged incidents. I'm sure you were a great comfort to her.

I'm not diving into this with you anymore. You've already made up your mind.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current odds from BetOnline on 2019 Ohio State coach:

Urban Meyer +125

Matt Campbell +175

Bob Stoops +1000
Jeff Brohm +1000
Ryan Day +1000

Pat Fitzgerald +1200

Brian Kelly +1600
Mike Gundy +1600

Dino Babers +1800
Lane Kiffin +1800

Mike Vrabel +2000
Tom Herman +2000

Jim Harbaugh +4000

Bill Belichick +5000

One interesting part here is that Urban is at +125, indicating that Vegas believes it is more likely than not that he will NOT be the Ohio State head coach next season.

me...

bomad_medium.gif