• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Joseph Appreciation Thread

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know it's coming. I'm normally not giddy about someone losing their job, but what this man has done in the course of 6 months is flabbergasting.

Now the only question is, how much better could we be without him, and how much could the defense change?

I'm thinking we promote the DB coach.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn’t get our hopes up like this.

And no, I wouldn’t shake his hand or ask for an autograph. Vance Joseph installed this culture of losing in Denver. He has no business on a Denver sideline. He needs to be gone immediately.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all going to be laughing at this thread when we win the Super Bowl with a shut out.

yeah, not happening.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Payton doesn’t fire Vance soon, he’s gonna lose a lot of goodwill from the fan base. He hasn’t won a SB here. There’s no reason the Denver faithful should view him as particularly better than Fangio right now…

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why he's not fired yet. The minute the Dolphins brought the score to 60+ Payton should have fired him.

If Payton doesn’t fire Vance soon, he’s gonna lose a lot of goodwill from the fan base. He hasn’t won a SB here. There’s no reason the Denver faithful should view him as particularly better than Fangio right now…

I don't think coaches care about the fans as much as the locker room, but after this performance, a lack of accountability will lose the locker room too. 70 points is historic. If you're on the wrong side of that and heads don't roll, you WILL lose your roster.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're on the wrong side of that and heads don't roll, you WILL lose your roster.

Losing by 50 is a decent indicator you’ve already lost the locker room.

I’m curious about how the guys on the sideline took it seeing Russ still out there down 50. All credit to Russ for trying to hang in there, but I have to imagine some of the veterans may be questioning keeping your starters on the field, risking injury when the game was lost a long time ago…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why he's not fired yet. The minute the Dolphins brought the score to 60+ Payton should have fired him.

I don't think coaches care about the fans as much as the locker room, but after this performance, a lack of accountability will lose the locker room too. 70 points is historic. If you're on the wrong side of that and heads don't roll, you WILL lose your roster.

Because they have to at least let him fly him with him. Would make for an awkward flight home.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense had to make a concerted effort to let Miami run up the score in hopes that Vance Joseph gets fired. Because otherwise there’s no explanation for letting their back ups run all over them.

You would have no idea Miami took out their starters when they did if you didn’t look at the box score.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have to at least let him fly him with him. Would make for an awkward flight home.

Sean Payton makes enough money he could have Venmo'd VJ for the cost of a flight back, separate from the team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton makes enough money he could have Venmo'd VJ for the cost of a flight back, separate from the team.

I am not kidding about this. A DC whose unit allows 700+ yards of offense and 70 points should not be anywhere near the team. Have the facilities/housekeeping staff at Dove Valley clear out his office and have his personal belongings delivered to his home. Don't let even let him return to the facility. Don't let him travel with the team. Send a message or lose the roster.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not kidding about this. A DC whose unit allows 700+ yards of offense and 70 points should not be anywhere near the team. Have the facilities/housekeeping staff at Dove Valley clear out his office and have his personal belongings delivered to his home. Don't let even let him return to the facility. Don't let him travel with the team. Send a message or lose the roster.

I don't mean to pile on, but let's also remember, Sean Payton went out of his way to call out Nathaniel Hackett on how poor his coaching was in 2022. He wasn't wrong and while you can question the motive or discernment behind saying something so publicly, I was ultimately ok with it because I felt in the circumstances it sent a message that things will be different now.

Well, Sean, after calling out last year's HC and describing his work as one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the game your pick for DC had a once-in-50-years bad level performance. What now, coach? If you don't admit your mistake and fire the person responsible then you assume ownership and take full credit for today's defensive performance. You send a signal that a historic performance is ok, and thereby perpetuate the culture of losing in Denver.

Or you can demand accountability and send a message to the team: This kind of performance will not be tolerated. Any assistant on that defensive staff can get better results. And will, if Payton makes the right call.

This is a huge early test in Payton's tenure as HC of the Broncos. The decision should be obvious. You cannot allow a performance like this and not hold someone accountable.

If VJ isn't fired his unit had better pitch a shutout next week. They'd better not even allow the Bears to cross mid-field. Honestly I feel like even allowing a single first down is too much after today. If VJ isn't removed the fans are going to have to revolt and boycott this team until the so called professional football men in charge make the right decision.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points. This was the most embarrassing game I can remember in my life