• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're right, this is awesome news. Hill didn't waste any time getting up here either.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill and Pierce are taking officials to VT today I believe. Getting them to visit is big. I hope Buzz can do some sweet talking and get them to join him at VT.

Yep. Saw that on Twitter from Evan Daniels. Then I checked out that basketball thread on TKP and there's more info there, including the pic vtfan mentioned. One of the members over at TKP works in the athletic department or something and he said he wouldn't be shocked at all if both don't commit by Sunday. What a better gift for Easter than that?

Speaking of TKP, I lurk there but I really feel like signing up just to tell them to make a new basketball thread. It's kind of annoying scrolling through all those old posts to find new info. SportsHoopla layout > TKP. Go us!

EDIT: I usually search Twitter every day for new recruiting info but even after all these weeks since Buzz's hiring, I still see writers and reporters sort of complaining that Buzz went to VT. At first it makes me mad but then I remember that I'm still shocked it happened to.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really handle TKP. Their football analysis is good, but the comment sections are usually unbearable.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too much news!!! This kid average 36+ mins and 16+ pts a game for Marshall as a freshman guard.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Marshall's K Canty will visit VT</p>&mdash; KipTJam (@KipTJam) <a href="https://twitter.com/KipTJam/statuses/457265481330991104">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Supposedly this tweet came after his meeting with Hill and Pierce. So hopefully that's a hint. Or...if you go by his Twitter feed, he's just really excited VT has a hibachi grill on campus.

The talk is Hill and Pierce will have breakfast with Buzz on Saturday and will go home but there's a chance both commit at the end of the breakfast. @RGonzalezTNV has the info on this if you want to look into yourselves. Thinks Pierce is pretty much sold and Hill might be as well.

So fingers crossed Gents. Could be a great weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Satchel Pierce and Ahmed Hill are Hokies. Committed this morning

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is insane. We are absolutely stacked at wing. We have a bunch of SG but they have enough size we can play them at the 3 as well.

Satchel Pierce definitely has the size for an ACC center. 6'10" 250 lbs. It is not fat either, dude is built like a fucking house.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Buzz we trust

I feel like we should bronze the statue of the guy now. We lose TJ Lang then then we trade up by getting Pierce and Hill. Contrast this to the JJ era where guys left and we replaced them with walk-ons.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies are now the 29th ranked class at 247. That is mind blowing! Just think if we weren't back-to-back cellar dwellers in the ACC. It'd probably be top 20. Poor Marquette fell to 80th

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one more scholly left. I'd like to see it go to someone with some size. As it stands now, Buzz is gonna have to play a lot of 3 and maybe even 4 guard line ups. That's really not that big of a deal for him but it still be nice to get some more forward depth against bigger teams. And I hope Emelogu steps his game up this offseason and focuses on learning point. He's going to get very limited minutes at 2-guard with the guys we have now

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one more scholly left. I'd like to see it go to someone with some size. As it stands now, Buzz is gonna have to play a lot of 3 and maybe even 4 guard line ups. That's really not that big of a deal for him but it still be nice to get some more forward depth against bigger teams. And I hope Emelogu steps his game up this offseason and focuses on learning point. He's going to get very limited minutes at 2-guard with the guys we have now
We could definitely use another forward but we could also save it for next season instead of reaching for a late recruit. We do have two scholarships opening up in next years class.

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it will be Shane Henry, JUCO kid out of Georgia. He stated recently that his two finalist were VT and Arkansas. Arkansas recently added another JUCO recruit and is currently out of scholarships. Huge pickup for us if we get him. He is a shot blocking machine and has very good range for a big.

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Shane Henry, JUCO kid out of Georgia. He stated recently that his two finalist were VT and Arkansas. Arkansas recently added another JUCO recruit and is currently out of scholarships. Huge pickup for us if we get him. He is a shot blocking machine and has very good range for a big.

Apparently Auburn is in play with Henry as well. He took an OV there after that announcement. I'd love to have him though, we need another 4.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could definitely use another forward but we could also save it for next season instead of reaching for a late recruit. We do have two scholarships opening up in next years class.

I count one (Barksdale). Who am I missing?