• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just attempted to listen to Sean Bielawski interview JJ on the radio, but damn....someone needs to get an interpreter for JJ. His voice is shot.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just attempted to listen to Sean Bielawski interview JJ on the radio, but damn....someone needs to get an interpreter for JJ. His voice is shot.

Haha. I tracked down video of his press conference. Let's just say he doesn't have the gift of media gab that SG had. But if he can coach, that shouldn't matter all that much though it probably means our days of appearing on ESPN are done for awhile.

I like the potential Byington. If Cremins was so high on him, he must be a pretty decent coach. Sounds like a good hire.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teel Time: Sources say Finney-Smith plans to transfer from Virginia Tech - dailypress.com

1234931504682.jpg

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is Teel ALWAYS bad news?

That sucks bad, particularly since last year was spent developing him.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is Teel ALWAYS bad news?

That sucks bad, particularly since last year was spent developing him.

Just my opinion, but I think Teel enjoys jabbing the stick in the collective Tech eye.

Keep in mind he's a JMU grad.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just my opinion, but I think Teel enjoys jabbing the stick in the collective Tech eye.

Keep in mind he's a JMU grad.

Then maybe people should go out of their way to leak stuff somewhere else.

Get rid of the mole.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing for sure. Doe-Doe is a talented player with a huge upside. It really sucks to lose a player like him. But honestly, I can't blame him and I'm not all that pissed off about it (just a little bummed). IMO, he was misused badly last year. If JJ is running the same offense as Greenberg, than it makes sense for him to leave.

DFS is an athletic wing player. I think he's similar to a Lamar Odom. He's great with the ball in his hands, creating shots for himself (and others) off the dribble in space and also his athleticism was great for rebounding. But we never used him to take advantage of his talents. Instead, Greenberg had him parked on the perimeter as a spot up shooter jacking up 3s. And you all saw how that turned out. He's not that great of a 3 point shooter so not surprisingly, he struggled, lost his confidence that he wasn't hitting shots, and then struggled more. We rarely had plays that started with the ball in his hands or put him in a position to create something. Essentially, we wasted the talents of our best recruit ever.

What I'm really hoping for now is Harrell stays committed. With DFS gone, this should guarantee a lot of playing time for him, possibly even a starter's role.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DFS is an athletic wing player. I think he's similar to a Lamar Odom. He's great with the ball in his hands, creating shots for himself (and others) off the dribble in space and also his athleticism was great for rebounding. But we never used him to take advantage of his talents. Instead, Greenberg had him parked on the perimeter as a spot up shooter jacking up 3s. And you all saw how that turned out. He's not that great of a 3 point shooter so not surprisingly, he struggled, lost his confidence that he wasn't hitting shots, and then struggled more. We rarely had plays that started with the ball in his hands or put him in a position to create something. Essentially, we wasted the talents of our best recruit ever.
I think DFS was a pretty good 3 point shooter. He even hit some over the guys that tried to take advantage of his horrible midrange pull up shot. However, I agree with you. When we finally put the ball in the hand at the end of the year, he excelled. He was a bit soft heading toward the basket and had no midrange fault (classic tallest person in High school syndrome) but he was starting to improve towards the end of the year.

However, I don't think Harell and was DFS playing time was related. DFS is a wing player and Harell is more of a post player. DFS needed more time at the 3 (not the 4) and he never got it.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a weak 3 pt shooter. doe was a slasher, and someone who was projected to be able to finish at the tin over people. though, he did not have the freshman year that he may have wanted, how many programs would have even given him the chances we did? even the teams worse than us.... NO. he is VERY, VERY dumb for leaving, but i hope he finds whatever makes him happy. do i think its a bad choice on his part? YES without a doubt. should i be one to look into holding him back from what he thinks will make him happy? HELL NO! but the concept lives on. If we keep the two commits, Doe Doe wont mean S**t in the end.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... fore reals... anyone heard from Harrell?

NOTE: To my knowledge, he has not recently slept with my mother, and my mother is of fine health. I was going to edit my previous post to the contrary (as I got a weird voodoo feeling like I might be cursing her or something), but the time to edit had passed.