• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW Class of 2014 Recruiting Thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports that recruits Budda Baker and Marcus Griffen from Bellevue High visited the Huskies practice today.

Also there:

Commit S Drew Lewis (Sammamish, WA)

2014 recruit OT/DE Kaleb McGary

and 2015s recruits RB Austin Joyner (Marysville, WA) , OT Henry Roberts (Bellevue, WA) OT Calvin Throckmorton (Newport, WA) and OLB/S Cameron Saffle (Skyline, WA), RB Chico McClatcher (Federal Way, WA).

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting all this info Denali. I enjoy reading it.

Man they're getting ever so close to turning the corner. I remember going to Husky games as a kid and making my first trip with the family to the Rose Bowl in 1978 when I was only 7 years old. I've definitely been spoiled for a lot of years with this program only to be humbled over the last decade when it got destroyed to the bone. The rebuilding of this once proud program has been tough and trying at times, but I believe we're starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel finally.

This season I feel is the stepping stone we've been waiting for. I'm not talking BCS bowl this year, but I'm not seeing another mediocre 7-8 win season either.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devante Downs announced via twitter today that he's committing to Cal. There will be questions about his ACL, but if he redshirts, he'll have 2 years to prepare for playing time on Saturdays. It seems his recruitment via UW had cooled off lately.
He's without a doubt the biggest get for Cal so far with the new Sonny Dykes regime.

UW current commit count is at 8. And again, many are projecting this will be a smaller class than the past couple years. 15-18 should be about it, and would like to see at least 1 more OT and 1-2 OG commits by LOI for us.

Hopefully after the visit last week of OT/DE Kaleb McGary, his decision is getting closer.

CB John Plattenburg Jr., who announced a while back he was going to delay his decision a few weeks or longer, would seal up the CB portion of our class real well with Jonathan Lockett our other CB commit for the 2014 class. But he continues to pick up offers which is clouding up the crystal ball. Tennessee just offered him the past week.
Considered a heavy lean to UW a month ago, Baylor and UCLA are now considered his big leans. UCLA has come on strong lately. But wondering about this because Mora recruited really heavy on DB last year taking 3 CBs (Mossi Johnson, Priest Willis, Johnny Johnson) and 2 S (Tahaan Goodman, Tyler Foreman). All high star guys. Plus they already have a CB committed to the 2014 class.

WR Erik Brown, who committed to UW over the summer, is kind of opening up things again and now considered a soft verbal. He's now set an official visit with Notre Dame this fall. This will be have one of those wait and see ones till LOI day as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting all this info Denali. I enjoy reading it.

Man they're getting ever so close to turning the corner. I remember going to Husky games as a kid and making my first trip with the family to the Rose Bowl in 1978 when I was only 7 years old. I've definitely been spoiled for a lot of years with this program only to be humbled over the last decade when it got destroyed to the bone. The rebuilding of this once proud program has been tough and trying at times, but I believe we're starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel finally.

This season I feel is the stepping stone we've been waiting for. I'm not talking BCS bowl this year, but I'm not seeing another mediocre 7-8 win season either.

:suds:

We are getting close. We were better than our record was last year. This team is ready to take it to the next level this year. All the pieces and coaching is there. Offense and Defense. I think it's without a doubt the strongest team we've fielded since the RB team. I expect 8+ wins this year. 9 would be right considering the talent we have. Tough, but manageable schedule. Go Dawgs!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, the home opener against BSU will have a significant amount of invites for official and unofficial visits by 2014 and 2015 recruits. Some of the visitors have already commited: Don Hill, Chase Blakley, Drew Lewis, Rahshead Johnson, and Drew Lewis.

But some 2014 class names that could be there at the game include:

CB John Plattenburg
RB Demario Richard
S Budda Baker
DL Marcus Griffen
DL Kaleb McGary
OL Morgan Richey
OT Drew Clarkson
ATH Keenan Curran

Now that the season is starting, expect an uptick in recruiting activity.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the bye this weekend, Sark and the coaches are taking advantage in between the weekday practice schedule to hit the recruiting trail hard. Possible we get some good news in the next week. The reviews of the new facilities and that big win providing plenty of positive mojo. WOOF!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Demario Richard will be cutting his list of schools to 5 this week. Huskies are on that list.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RegentDenali do you have a membership to scout or rivals? What is his commitement timeline and he says hes hungry for more offers, I want him bad but Darrell Williams committed who had crazy offers don't know why hes not a 4 star recruit. :noidea:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't subscribe to those services.
You never know with these kids. Most of the recruits that committed over the summer, you can generally bank on them staying with those commits because many are either locals who have shut anymore recruiting down or legacies. But if any of them announce they are re-opening things, that's usually a sign they haven't truely made up their minds about anything.

If he's getting the list down to 5 this week, he could still be months away from a decision. You can never bank on anything till LOI day with any of this.

Signs point to the Huskies taking a more modest class size this year due to scholarship situation. Probably about 18 for this class. Plus an emphasis on the Oline which is more critical for us this class.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 star RB Joe Mixon (Oakley, CA), one of the top recruits in the country, will be officially visiting UW this weekend during the Arizona game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 star RB Joe Mixon (Oakley, CA), one of the top recruits in the country, will be officially visiting UW this weekend during the Arizona game.

Great game for him to come see, but the weather could make him question the move up from cali :lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game for him to come see, but the weather could make him question the move up from cali :lol:

Was still great that we got him to come up and visit. It's still a big positive because we weren't one of the 5 teams he announced recently as his final candidates. But he cancelled a trip to U of Florida to visit us instead. Think that's a big signal he's decided to stay on the west coast and that's why he came here, but it will be hard to get him to leave California. Right now, I'd say Cal is his likely destination. If USC lands a confirmation of their new coach from a guy like Jack Del Rio before LOI day, he could easily pick them.

Another visitor this weekend was 2015 class OG recruit Zach Okun from Newbury, CA. An unofficial visit, he came here to be introduced to the coaching staff, check out the facilities and the school.
He raved about the entire experience and said it was great to see a team that ran the ball as much as the Huskies did. He also spoke really highly of the facilities.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star MLB Michael Lazarus (Berkeley, CA) has said that he plans an official visit to UW, Nov 28-29, for the Apple Cup.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star OG/DT Natrell Curtis (Phoenix, AZ) has committed to UW today via twitter. At 6-3, wt. 335, he is a beast and a likely DT as Tosh was his primary recruiter.

A outstanding get for this class. Go Dawgs!!!

MrBug708

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is starting to look real good for Budda Baker

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is starting to look real good for Budda Baker

It's looking like a three horse race for him with UCLA, Oregon, and UW. He's also one of those guys who will probably wait till Jan/LOI week to announce his decision.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star JUCO WR Eric Lauderdale (Mission Veijo C.C., CA) has de-committed from Tennessee. Florida, Miami, ASU, and Washington had been recruiting him and continued after this initial decision on Tenn. Now he's reopened his status.

He's now stated that Washington and Florida are likely to get official visits from him.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star JUCO DL Claudeson Pelon (Mesa C.C., Mesa, AZ) released his Top5 today.

1) Washington
2) USC
3) Miami
4) ASU
5) UCF

He is considered a heavy lean to UW and Tosh is his primary recruiter. I like our chances getting this commit.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW commit DL/OG Natrell Curtis has been added to the U.S. Army All-American bowl roster. The game (Jan 4th) features 90 of the best high school players from the nation. Many of those still uncommitted who participate make their final commit announcements after the game.

“Washington is something new for me, as far as being in unfamiliar territory,” Curtis said. “But I have a great relationship with the coaching staff, and they provide a situation where I could possibly go in and play early as a true freshman if I do everything I am supposed to do.”

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate getting caught up in recruiting hype as I hate the entire process this is big news for the Huskies:

5 star DT Clovis North has committed to the Huskies.

Here is a good write up by the normally poor bleacher report:

Talk about a massive pickup. No, seriously, this is quite a big snag for Washington.

Daniel stands in at 6'4" and nearly tips the scale at 300 pounds. What's even scarier is that he is a 2015 recruit, which means that he still has plenty of time to continue growing into that wide frame and provide an immediate impact his freshman season for the Huskies defense.

He's from Clovis, Calif. and already had offers from Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Miami and others. Beating some of those schools out for this promising defensive tackle speaks volumes to what this coaching staff has done over the years.

Besides his overwhelming size, Daniel is quite quick and athletic for such a big guy. He moves his feet well, reacts to the ball in a timely manner and is capable of chasing down ball carriers with his non-stop effort on the field. However, it's no secret what the new recruit will be asked to do when he arrives on campus.

Daniel will be the big man in the middle who clogs running lanes and helps collapse the pocket. With his size and strength, that really shouldn't be a problem. Washington already has young, solid pass-rushers such as Marcus Farria and Connor Cree. Adding Daniel gives the Huskies another promising player in the trenches.

The 5-star recruit joins 4-star offensive lineman Trey Adams as the only players of the 2015 class to commit to Washington.

Daniel is considered the 24th best player and the sixth best defensive tackle of the 2015 recruiting class, according to 247Sports.