• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW at UO, Pre-Game Thread

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DpRY3pCXcAE37Rx.jpg

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a very close game. I think UW right now is a slightly better team, but Oregon is just behind. Our O-Line play is much improved as is our defense. With a dynamic QB and good stable of RB's, an upset is easy to see. Still an underdog, but primed to take the game. The 2 keys to me are can we pressure Browning and turnovers. Our pass rush has been sub par and turnovers a problem. That would be our downfall. If we shore those 2 things up for the game, we probably take it. This will be the most competitive game in the series in years. HUCK THE FUSKIES!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a very close game. I think UW right now is a slightly better team, but Oregon is just behind. Our O-Line play is much improved as is our defense. With a dynamic QB and good stable of RB's, an upset is easy to see. Still an underdog, but primed to take the game. The 2 keys to me are can we pressure Browning and turnovers. Our pass rush has been sub par and turnovers a problem. That would be our downfall. If we shore those 2 things up for the game, we probably take it. This will be the most competitive game in the series in years. HUCK THE FUSKIES!!
The talk from the national handicappers is more about your secondary and how small they are and how many times they have been burned already. UW's pass rush hasn't been stellar either and getting to Herbert would obviously go a long way to limiting what they can do. If neither team can rush bet the over.

While I give an edge to Herbert over Browning, I give a bigger edge to the back 4 for UW over the ducks secondary. And it's not even close.

Will that difference be enough? We will see in a little less than two days. UW certainly is capable of playing flat or otherwise not playing up to expectation so who knows.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is a hit & run poster. He'll make two or three post on a thread that he starts up and then he's gone.
If that's your impression of him then he's been off his game for longer than I thought. He's known for long rambling deeply homer threads with relentless responses. You clearly haven't gotten to see classic OD.

His daily descriptions of a new Oregon decoration he was putting up each day leading into the Nebraska home opener a couple of years back was insanely awesome. Particularly after the Ducks got beat and he threw his typical fit after the loss. He just isn't the same anymore.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who does Larry Scott, the lawyer and their pack of trained zebras like in this matchup?

Asking for a friend?

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk from the national handicappers is more about your secondary and how small they are and how many times they have been burned already. UW's pass rush hasn't been stellar either and getting to Herbert would obviously go a long way to limiting what they can do. If neither team can rush bet the over.

While I give an edge to Herbert over Browning, I give a bigger edge to the back 4 for UW over the ducks secondary. And it's not even close.

Will that difference be enough? We will see in a little less than two days. UW certainly is capable of playing flat or otherwise not playing up to expectation so who knows.

This is why I like this year's game. It's strengths v. weaknesses.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I like this year's game. It's strengths v. weaknesses.
Sure, and add in a back to back road game for UW and the ducks coming off a bye and that has to equalize things even a bit more. Of course I still like UW's chances and have picked them, but there are too many intangibles going against them to make any kind of bold prediction.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and add in a back to back road game for UW and the ducks coming off a bye and that has to equalize things even a bit more. Of course I still like UW's chances and have picked them, but there are too many intangibles going against them to make any kind of bold prediction.
If the game gets out of hand, I suspect it go UW's way.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this is a wings game. Gonna get a stack and a coke and kick back.

Wings Stop I think.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's your impression of him then he's been off his game for longer than I thought. He's known for long rambling deeply homer threads with relentless responses. You clearly haven't gotten to see classic OD.

His daily descriptions of a new Oregon decoration he was putting up each day leading into the Nebraska home opener a couple of years back was insanely awesome. Particularly after the Ducks got beat and he threw his typical fit after the loss. He just isn't the same anymore.

Nebraska broke his heart that year.

Then I broke his will to live when I started the game thread the following year.

It’s all my fault.
And I should have probably been banned for taking away that national treasure.
:D:pound::thumb:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska broke his heart that year.

Then I broke his will to live when I started the game thread the following year.

It’s all my fault.
And I should have probably been banned for taking away that national treasure.
:D:pound::thumb:
That game was awesome. The whole thing. All the trash talk over the off season. All the lead up to it. The bravado of our favorite over the top duck. And all the melt down after. It. was. perfect.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who does Larry Scott, the lawyer and their pack of trained zebras like in this matchup?

Asking for a friend?
Seeing how coach Petersen has about zero respect for Larry Scott and pretty much said so in the press after Larry Scott sided with ESPN and stabbed Petersen in the back ... on national media no less ... I'd be surprised if these refs did Washington any favors this Saturday.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It keeps UW sharp. UO will be a bit rusty, but we'll pick up steam.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asking for a friend?

If they actually did favor a team and did sneaky shit to help them I'd be more impressed with that then what the truth is. The truth is they are totally incompetent. I have no idea what they were thinking but nothing they do favors anyone . Both of the calls should have been targeting and it was one for each team. With their clueless scheduling like having the only true contenders in the conference play road thurs or friday night games after road games sometimes against teams who had a bye the week before is just plain stupid. Between the refs, the pac network, the scheduling and the game times it's a fucking clown show at the PAC 12 offices.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they actually did favor a team and did sneaky shit to help them I'd be more impressed with that then what the truth is. The truth is they are totally incompetent. I have no idea what they were thinking but nothing they do favors anyone . Both of the calls should have been targeting and it was one for each team. With their clueless scheduling like having the only true contenders in the conference play road thurs or friday night games after road games sometimes against teams who had a bye the week before is just plain stupid. Between the refs, the pac network, the scheduling and the game times it's a fucking clown show at the PAC 12 offices.
One could argue they actually favor doing things to destroy the standings of any good team. The scheduling alone makes it look like there's a mole in the league office from some other conference that has the goal of preventing Pac12 teams from making the playoffs. They have done so much to screw with their presumptive front runners year after year now.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the TTU/TCU game last night, everyone is picking Ducks to win this game!