• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW at UO, Pre-Game Thread

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Associated Press News

College Football Picks: Why Pac-12 needs Washington to win

If the Pac-12 wants to maximize its damaged hopes of placing a team in the College Football Playoff, No. 7 Washington needs to beat No. 17 Oregon on Saturday.

The Huskies (5-1, 3-0) and Ducks (4-1, 1-1) meet in Eugene, Oregon, in a game that could go a long way to determining which team wins the Pac-12 North. After years of dominance by the Ducks, the Huskies flipped the rivalry the last two seasons, winning both games by a combined 108-24.

The Ducks’ lone loss this season was a heart-breaking giveaway to Stanford. The Huskies have not lost since the opener against Auburn in Atlanta.

The best either team can do is “12-1 Pac-12 champion,” but Washington’s resume would look much better than Oregon’s. The Ducks, thanks to Texas A&M bailing on a series, were stuck with one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the country. They also, by luck of the draw, have a Pac-12 schedule that has neither Southern California nor No. 19 Colorado. Good for racking up wins, but not necessarily for impressing the selection committee.

The Huskies, meanwhile, host unbeaten Colorado next week and have already won at Utah. The Auburn game was a loss, but traveling cross-country and playing a Top 25 team (for now) in its backyard is probably better than beating up a cupcake at home — which is all the Ducks have to show. The Huskies could also get a little boost from their win over BYU if the Cougars finish out the season strong.

Colorado is the only unbeaten team in the Pac-12 but, again, the schedule gods did the Buffaloes no favors. Rival Colorado State is mediocre at best and their big nonconference opponent, Nebraska, is in the midst of a historically bad season. Colorado probably needs to run the table to get serious playoff consideration, and
it would probably bolster the Buffs’ case if Washington was as good as possible.

Many wanted to bury the Pac-12 as soon as the Huskies lost to Auburn. That waspremature. Even now there are enough twists and turns possible to pave the way for the conference to put its champion in the playoff — but the chances are much better if that champion is Washington.

OREGON 45 UWUB 17

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Associated Press News

College Football Picks: Why Pac-12 needs Washington to win

If the Pac-12 wants to maximize its damaged hopes of placing a team in the College Football Playoff, No. 7 Washington needs to beat No. 17 Oregon on Saturday.

The Huskies (5-1, 3-0) and Ducks (4-1, 1-1) meet in Eugene, Oregon, in a game that could go a long way to determining which team wins the Pac-12 North. After years of dominance by the Ducks, the Huskies flipped the rivalry the last two seasons, winning both games by a combined 108-24.

The Ducks’ lone loss this season was a heart-breaking giveaway to Stanford. The Huskies have not lost since the opener against Auburn in Atlanta.

The best either team can do is “12-1 Pac-12 champion,” but Washington’s resume would look much better than Oregon’s. The Ducks, thanks to Texas A&M bailing on a series, were stuck with one of the weakest non-conference schedules in the country. They also, by luck of the draw, have a Pac-12 schedule that has neither Southern California nor No. 19 Colorado. Good for racking up wins, but not necessarily for impressing the selection committee.

The Huskies, meanwhile, host unbeaten Colorado next week and have already won at Utah. The Auburn game was a loss, but traveling cross-country and playing a Top 25 team (for now) in its backyard is probably better than beating up a cupcake at home — which is all the Ducks have to show. The Huskies could also get a little boost from their win over BYU if the Cougars finish out the season strong.

Colorado is the only unbeaten team in the Pac-12 but, again, the schedule gods did the Buffaloes no favors. Rival Colorado State is mediocre at best and their big nonconference opponent, Nebraska, is in the midst of a historically bad season. Colorado probably needs to run the table to get serious playoff consideration, and it would probably bolster the Buffs’ case if Washington was as good as possible.

Many wanted to bury the Pac-12 as soon as the Huskies lost to Auburn. That was premature. Even now there are enough twists and turns possible to pave the way for the conference to put its champion in the playoff — but the chances are much better if that champion is Washington.

800.jpeg
The Ducks have no shot at the playoffs even if they did run the table [not going to happen anyway] the only obvious chance is UW or if Colorado stayed unbeaten. Even with a non stellar performance against UCLA.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ducks have no shot at the playoffs even if they did run the table [not going to happen anyway] the only obvious chance is UW or if Colorado stayed unbeaten. Even with a non stellar performance against UCLA.
The Rose Bowl is a solid bowl game for any PAC team.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has to win out, that’s a given, and best chance in that scenario is USC, not Colorado, winning out. That would give Notre Dame a last game loss, and USC would be looking good and ranked for the pac championship game.

Edit: I misread. Colorado would have a good chance if they won out. I just don’t think they will.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has to win out, that’s a given, and best chance in that scenario is USC, not Colorado, winning out. That would give Notre Dame a last game loss, and USC would be looking good and ranked for the pac championship game.
And hope Georgia loses twice.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hope Georgia loses twice.

I misread what you were saying about Colorado, edited my response.

Yes, that would help. But even if they were to just lose the SEC championship game to Alabama, I still think it would be hard for the committee to leave out Washington for them in the scenario I laid out.

Obviously another playoff appearance would be cool, but I’ll be happy with a Rose Bowl this year. I don’t necessarily think UW will win out, and I’ve found myself questioning if they’re a top 10, let alone top 4 team a few times so far.

With that I’ll say from what I’ve seen I don’t really think anyone’s looking like a top 4 team outside of Alabama, and maybe ohio state. Consistently anyway.

I’m rambling and all over the place... lot of football left I guess.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolololol avatar bets based on the spread
Actually the spread is only UW -3 and dipshit wanted a year long avi bet at UW -21. :laugh: And called someone who didn't make any type of prediction to that effect a pussy for not taking it.

I swear people lose their shit over the dumbest things up here.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfishly I really need Oregon to beat UW. That way we will have a victory over a top 10 team when the Ducks get waxed in Pullman in 2 Saturdays. Plus it will make the Apple Cup for the Pac12 North for the 3rd straight year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfishly I really need Oregon to beat UW. That way we will have a victory over a top 10 team when the Ducks get waxed in Pullman in 2 Saturdays. Plus it will make the Apple Cup for the Pac12 North for the 3rd straight year.
Who are you kidding, when would you ever want UW over Oregon anyway?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you kidding, when would you ever want UW over Oregon anyway?

Well my real vote is for a terrorist attack at Autzen but that seems over the top. Ducks and Huskies fans are the exact same people with different colors. That’s why you all hate each other.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my real vote is for a terrorist attack at Autzen but that seems over the top. Ducks and Huskies fans are the exact same people with different colors. That’s why you all hate each other.
Funny no one has ever said they wanted a terrorist attack on Pullman - Ever

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny no one has ever said they wanted a terrorist attack on Pullman - Ever

Well it is gods country so someone would end up with bad juju if they tried, plus Washington State’s alcohol sales would take a hit like the state hasn’t seen since prohibition.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are messing with AG's mojo. He's been gathering memes and graphics for days just waiting to whip those out for jackass duck fans... and then none of them doing their part. :tsk:

It's a damn shame most of them bailed once Oregon fell from grace. Turnabout would have been fun. Oh well.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nab makes a score prediction. In a rivalry taunting kind of thread. You know, over the top is to be expected. It's a rivalry thread. Jackass gets entirely bent on it and wants to thump his chest in some stupid fucking bet that no one in their right mind would ever take. Puts that stupid on Dayman (who didn't make the fucking prediction to start with) and yet it's dayman that 'lost cred'? :L

Jesus, get over yourself. I swear we get solid examples every year of why so damned many people country wide hate on duck fans. The douche factor never ceases to amaze.

Calling people names for not taking dumb bets says a LOT more about you than him. Clearly.

No I didn't !:whistle:

Besides clearly the lad has a little chub for @TheDayMan let it play out....:pop2: