• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are avoiding gaining a benefit from their own hostile environment as well.

Being favored doesn't mean shit, as we found out in the Sugar Bowl. But we would likely be favored in a hostile environment as well. We play in them every year still.

You seriously don't get it. I've been to South bend when USC was heavily favored and won the game but the experience is something you don't get unless you go. same when they or TOSU or even Boston College fans travel to LA it's great to be around that. I guess since you guys don't travel you don;t know what you're missing. Pretty sad. I'd rather lose a game in a season and have good memories than play pussy schedules and win them all.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously don't get it. I've been to South bend when USC was heavily favored and won the game but the experience is something you don't get unless you go. same when they or TOSU or even Boston College fans travel to LA it's great to be around that. I guess since you guys don't travel you don;t know what you're missing. Pretty sad. I'd rather lose a game in a season and have good memories than play pussy schedules and win them all.

Great, that has nothing to do with strength of schedule.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more of a USC problem then. If your fans do not travel well, that's USC's fault. We took over Pasadena when we played ya'll in the Rose Bowl, just to give you an example. I know Bama is closer to Jerry World, but if you have a dedicated fan/alumni/student base, then it shouldn't matter where the neutral site game is being played, especially if the team is a historical powerhouse with a rich tradition like USC. Then again, there is a reason USC is labeled Bandwagon U.......Just saying

I was at that game and I saw USC well represented. You had Texas fans pay huge sums of money to get and go to that game which probably swayed some corporate ticket holders to sell theres but every SC fan I know ( my group of SC grad friends) was there . If the game was in Tuscaloosa I bet there would be even more SC fans wanting to go. I'm going to go ( I have Marine friends in dallas) but if it was in tuscaloosa I'd really be excited.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, that has nothing to do with strength of schedule.

Well I wasn't taking about strength of schedule. I was talking about a fans experience but I guess I might as well be talking about walking on the moon. I think more people have experienced that than seeing Alabama play a non conference game on the road. We all know that Alabama doesn't get negative points for playing Jr colleges at home. If that's your argument no one disputes that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wasn't taking about strength of schedule. I was talking about a fans experience but I guess I might as well be talking about walking on the moon. I think more people have experienced that than seeing Alabama play a non conference game on the road. We all know that Alabama doesn't get negative points for playing Jr colleges at home. If that's your argument no one disputes that.

If that is all you are complaining about, then suck it up buttercup. Blame your own AD for taking the money.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lost in some of this is will saban be the coach in 2016? he turns 65 before the game will take place.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lost in some of this is will saban be the coach in 2016? he turns 65 before the game will take place.

According to Auburn fans - he was leaving 5 years ago.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see Bama play home and homes more often than they do. Think the last one was PSU in 2010/2011. But they have the built in advantage of not having to leave the south for an OOC game to help aid them in recruiting. I guess I have a ND mindset when it comes to scheduling and love the annual home and home with USC and Stanford. And upcoming home and homes with Texas, UGA etc.

And I'll disagree with strength of schedule ramifications. Under the old system it wouldn't have mattered if a team won on the road, home or neutral with the computers. Now with the selection committee a road win will out weigh a neutral field win. It may not matter all the time but if things are equal at the end I can see them giving the nod to better roads wins.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So why play home games at all ? Why not play all games far away from both fan bases I mean if it's better than playing at home then playing away.
I know I'm being sarcastic but it's just stupid. Playing one neutral game against a good team isn't bad but to do it instead of road games in hostile territory is stupid. I love going to South bend and watching the pageantry of a game in that stadium I loved going to the shoe that one year. Playing at a neutral disneylike stadium in Texas isn't the same. It's sad that you bama fans don't see that but as we have read you guys would be happy to play 10 high schools and claim you're number one.

Link?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is all you are complaining about, then suck it up buttercup. Blame your own AD for taking the money.

Dude it's not our only non conference game we get plenty of chances to travel. Just sad you guys put up with the cowardly scheduling.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!! What?!? Saban's still there? I thought he got paid $100 million to go to Texas?

I'm as shocked as you TF12. Who in their right mind would turn down an obvious offer for $100 million? He must've head them wrong.:nod:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's common knowledge. You're just gonna have to live with it.

You stated a specific, be a man of your word and show us the link. Or is it that you cant and now need to retract said statement?

Link?

You didnt say it was common knowledge, you said "but as we have read you guys would be happy to play 10 high schools and claim you're number one." so produce the link where you read it from.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated a specific, be a man of your word and show us the link. Or is it that you cant and now need to retract said statement?

Link?

You didnt say it was common knowledge, you said "but as we have read you guys would be happy to play 10 high schools and claim you're number one." so produce the link where you read it from.

You're seriously not very bright. I didn't write "You guys wrote you'd be happy to play 10 high schools and claim you're number one"
I wrote "as we have read......" which means from reading what you guys write that is the conclusion. You really need to stop posting because you come across as a very uneducated dolt. I'm sure you need an explanation for that also right? I wrote "you come across as an uneducated dolt". You may be be educated in some way. But you fail to show that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're seriously not very bright. I didn't write "You guys wrote you'd be happy to play 10 high schools and claim you're number one"
I wrote "as we have read......" which means from reading what you guys write that is the conclusion. You really need to stop posting because you come across as a very uneducated dolt. I'm sure you need an explanation for that also right? I wrote "you come across as an uneducated dolt". You may be be educated in some way. But you fail to show that.

So surely you've read it in the format that you stated? correct? or did you read into what someone wrote and come up with all that bullshit on your own?

Thats all I am asking you to do is produce where you read that we would be happy to play 10 high school teams and claim we are number one. Just want to read it for myself in the link you provide. I know how hard comprehension is for you and I feel you may be in error on what you read. So to state it once more, Link?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see Bama play home and homes more often than they do. Think the last one was PSU in 2010/2011. But they have the built in advantage of not having to leave the south for an OOC game to help aid them in recruiting. I guess I have a ND mindset when it comes to scheduling and love the annual home and home with USC and Stanford. And upcoming home and homes with Texas, UGA etc.

And I'll disagree with strength of schedule ramifications. Under the old system it wouldn't have mattered if a team won on the road, home or neutral with the computers. Now with the selection committee a road win will out weigh a neutral field win. It may not matter all the time but if things are equal at the end I can see them giving the nod to better roads wins.

Yes, a road win will out weight a neutral field win with equal teams. But there is the 2nd year where you are the home team. Will a home win out weight a neutral field win? No. That is how it evens out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it's not our only non conference game we get plenty of chances to travel. Just sad you guys put up with the cowardly scheduling.

Boy, you sure do seem to care an awful lot about what Alabama fans put up with. It's almost as if....you're full of shit.