• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being asked to play in the matchups to start the year? stadiums all booked already with lesser matchups? grass or turf not ready on the field so they need to play another day somewhere else? any of these work or do you just want the same answer that has been given before.

Tell you what. Create a letter that you would like me to forward to the AD at Alabama. I know Bill from past meetings and will see him in a few weeks at a party that is being thrown. I will put that letter in his hands with all your questions and concerns and maybe he will get back to you. My thought is he will most probably laugh, but I will take the letter right to the man himself. Would that make you happy? Or will you just continue for the next two years no matter what the answers would be? My guess is the latter.

Ask him if he's incompetent. Ask him how does Pat Haden find a way to schedule home and homes with power teams. Ask him how does the AD at Notre Dame schedule so many home and homes while he can't find a way to get anything for Alabama but neutral games. Or as many of us suspect it's just how they like it. No home and homes with anyone who could possibly bite you in the ass and keep the parade of Jr colleges lined up for a home slaughter.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't every team playing for the same title at the end of the year? Shouldn't there be some sort of rhyme and reason to scheduling? Conferences are up and down and you can't predict how good your conference will be but you do get to pick your non conference games. So forgive us if we just shake our heads when teams have played 10 or 11 games and have a shot at playoffs or at least BCS games and see that while they are playing a rival Alabama has Chattanooga at home as their 10th game.
What if the 49ers decided to play Cal Berkley before the playoffs and counted it as a win? Would that be an advantage? of course it would.
Teams like USC, Michigan State, Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, Georgia,TOSU, Michigan and others try to schedule reasonably good teams and sprinkle in other major power teams for home and homes. Not all the time and you never know if they will be good that year or be down but you take that chance. These games could possibly mess up one of those teams season but they still schedule them. TOSC was ranked #2 I believe when USC played and beat them at home. UCLA beat a texas team at home that was #7 that year. these things happen. But Bama plays is safe ( cowardly) and doesn't play any games like this. You play the Western Carolinas and only at home. If you don;t see why it's pathetic then it's because you're a blind homer.

You want an answer to that rambling? No I dont see it as being pathetic, I see it as being smart. Until there is a standardized system for all to follow, why not buck the trend if it does not hurt your chances of making a playoff or title game. Notice i said Standardized, kinda like playing all Power 5 schools all year long (the comments of who?). See, I dont constantly question things I cannot possibly change, I seek to change things within my power to do and that keeps me from being a lunatic and whining about shit like this.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask him if he's incompetent. Ask him how does Pat Haden find a way to schedule home and homes with power teams. Ask him how does the AD at Notre Dame schedule so many home and homes while he can't find a way to get anything for Alabama but neutral games. Or as many of us suspect it's just how they like it. No home and homes with anyone who could possibly bite you in the ass and keep the parade of Jr colleges lined up for a home slaughter.

Notice I said create a letter, is that too hard for you? I managed to do it and posted in this very thread. There's that comprehension thing again rearing its head.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being asked to play in the matchups to start the year? stadiums all booked already with lesser matchups? grass or turf not ready on the field so they need to play another day somewhere else? any of these work or do you just want the same answer that has been given before.

Tell you what. Create a letter that you would like me to forward to the AD at Alabama. I know Bill from past meetings and will see him in a few weeks at a party that is being thrown. I will put that letter in his hands with all your questions and concerns and maybe he will get back to you. My thought is he will most probably laugh, but I will take the letter right to the man himself. Would that make you happy? Or will you just continue for the next two years no matter what the answers would be? My guess is the latter.
Just curious, do you want to see Bama play some "good" OOC teams (on the road) like USC in the future? If so can you write that letter for us and put it in "Bill's hands, at the party that is being thrown??

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like it or not the refusal to discuss the schedule in an adult manner appears to show that if it doesn't benefit your argument of how great your team is then lets say oh it doesn't matter. why do you care? if the situation was reversed think it would be interesting discussions.

I dont need to discuss the schedule with you. I fail to see what we will accomplish with a discussion of something you nor I can change. I gave you the suggestion of what to do. You surely can avail yourself directly to the party who can answer these concerns(read twisted panties) that you have, and i am sure he will take your concerns into account and give them the due attention they are deserved. Do you doubt that?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, do you want to see Bama play some "good" OOC teams (on the road) like USC in the future? If so can you write that letter for us and put it in "Bill's hands at the party that is being thrown??

Tell you what, read the thread for that answer since it has been answered. Sorry, I try not to repeat myself too many times, it reminds me of correcting my toddler children back in the day.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I said create a letter, is that too hard for you? I managed to do it and posted in this very thread. There's that comprehension thing again rearing its head.

LOL. You're a drunk who starts giving movies quotes as your own words. If I wrote a letter I doubt you could hand it to him before he walked away after handing you his car keys.

If you were really tight with him you'd know why he can't seem to land any quality teams for home and homes. I'd seriously doubt he'd care what a USC fan is asking since he obviously came up with an excuse when Pat Haden called.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont need to discuss the schedule with you. I fail to see what we will accomplish with a discussion of something you nor I can change. I gave you the suggestion of what to do. You surely can avail yourself directly to the party who can answer these concerns(read twisted panties) that you have, and i am sure he will take your concerns into account and give them the due attention they are deserved. Do you doubt that?

So we should only discuss topics where we fans can actually affect change? Really? LOL
Make sure you give me a list of things you can change so i know what we can talk about here. This should be good.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, read the thread for that answer since it has been answered. Sorry, I try not to repeat myself too many times, it reminds me of correcting my toddler children back in the day.
Okay, apparently I got my answer. You don't want or care if Bama plays some good teams in a "Home and Home" series in the future, is that right? I'm fine with that, but if you do care, then you can talk to Bill at that Party and at least ask him, if that is in the plans for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You're a drunk who starts giving movies quotes as your own words. If I wrote a letter I doubt you could hand it to him before he walked away after handing you his car keys.

If you were really tight with him you'd know why he can't seem to land any quality teams for home and homes. I'd seriously doubt he'd care what a USC fan is asking since he obviously came up with an excuse when Pat Haden called.

I am a drunk huh? "Houston, we have a problem.""Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Tight with him? please show me where I have ever stated I am "tight with him". I need that one posted for me to see.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, apparently I got my answer. You don't want or care if Bama plays some good teams in a "Home and Home" series in the future, is that right? I'm fine with that, but if you do care, then you can talk to Bill at that Party and at least ask him, if that is in the plans for the future.

Wrong, not what i have said in the pages of this thread. TF 12 knows what i stated in here and other places as well."It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! ...so you get *NOTHING*! You lose! Good day sir!"

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should only discuss topics where we fans can actually affect change? Really? LOL
Make sure you give me a list of things you can change so i know what we can talk about here. This should be good.

One thing I can change is who I converse with on a regular basis. Maybe we can discuss that.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate."

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, not what i have said in the pages of this thread. TF 12 knows what i stated in here and other places as well."It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! ...so you get *NOTHING*! You lose! Good day sir!"
Come on friend, can you talk to Bill at the party for us fans and ask him if Bama is planning on scheduling some good teams, for a Home and Home" series in the future. It's okay if he says no.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want an answer to that rambling? No I dont see it as being pathetic, I see it as being smart. Until there is a standardized system for all to follow, why not buck the trend if it does not hurt your chances of making a playoff or title game. Notice i said Standardized, kinda like playing all Power 5 schools all year long (the comments of who?). See, I dont constantly question things I cannot possibly change, I seek to change things within my power to do and that keeps me from being a lunatic and whining about shit like this.

lol theres one of the answers I knew would surface at some point. over years Alabama has manipulated the system. lost 2 games to end the season will likely be ranked #2 like if they went undefeated. on alabamas fans side of things you guys are saying who cares if we haven't played anyone or played the system...were the champs.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on friend, can you talk to Bill at the party for us fans and ask him if Bama is planning on scheduling some good teams, for a Home and Home" series in the future. It's okay if he says no.

Us fans or the fans of panty twisted U. I am confused now, who I would be asking for, since I have asked before and gotten my answer that I already suspected.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol theres one of the answers I knew would surface at some point. over years Alabama has manipulated the system. lost 2 games to end the season will likely be ranked #2 like if they went undefeated. on alabamas fans side of things you guys are saying who cares if we haven't played anyone or played the system...were the champs.

thought you would like that answer. Now i guess the question you have to ask yourself is did he tell me truthfully what he thought or was he trying to appease me?

“You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which season was this one? cant remember that one:scratch:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us fans or the fans of panty twisted U. I am confused now, who I would be asking for, since I have asked before and gotten my answer that I already suspected.
Huh? You have already talked to Bill Battle about Bama scheduling good teams to a Home and Home series in the future. If so, what was his answer, is it top secret?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which season was this one? cant remember that one:scratch:

lost to auburn, lost to Oklahoma in bowl game. and its widely speculated that they will be 1 or 2 to open this season

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? You have already talked to Bill Battle about Bama scheduling good teams to a Home and Home series in the future. If so, what was his answer, is it top secret?

I wrote a letter to the University about the Schedule and got the same answer as you got in the papers. That matters pertaining to schedule were up in the air until the SEC voted on the nine game schedule. That pretty much the gist of the entire letter. It was a form letter sent out to complainers and whiners. As for my personal feelings on this matter, you will simply have to read what I have posted numerous times. Actually one might be able to discern from my letter to the University my thoughts, but then I never place hope that others might be able to comprehend why i would do such a thing without i actually tell them why.:L