• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a letter to the University about the Schedule and got the same answer as you got in the papers. That matters pertaining to schedule were up in the air until the SEC voted on the nine game schedule. That pretty much the gist of the entire letter. It was a form letter sent out to complainers and whiners. As for my personal feelings on this matter, you will simply have to read what I have posted numerous times. Actually one might be able to discern from my letter to the University my thoughts, but then I never place hope that others might be able to comprehend why i would do such a thing without i actually tell them why.:L
Fair enough. I guess most of us fans will just have to put up with Bama's schedule. We fans could write Bill Battle, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get an answer. I guess we shouldn't be concerned with who Bama schedules. It's really is none of our business. I'm hoping that since we got rid of the BCS, the playoffs will be a best gauge of good teams making that playoffs. We shall see.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you would be wrong. I know that if my team plays the best they can in every game they play all year, that things will work themselves out, if not then their is always next year.

See, what you dont see if that even had they gotten past Auburn there was still Mizzou standing in the way. and if they got past Mizzou then they had to play FSU, who arguably was one of the best teams all year and one that many of your own fans have used in arguments in this thread. You are basing your arguments strictly on a what if argument and I gave you a solid point to chew on from two years past to think about. Clearly you didnt. Notre Dame cruised all year and played a bunch of teams that on paper had names and looked like they were good including a USC team to end the year(i think it was the last game) yet they got manhandled in the bowl game because the perception of their top schedule didnt pan out the reality of the steam roller they met in the bowl game. What is my point, either you can play or you cant and that gets worked out most times during the season. Now that we have a playoff it will be even harder to skate by as a "pretender" to the throne.

only time will tell. Im just not confident this committee will be given the power to remove a team based on SOS alone. wont surprise me at all if within a few months im back here saying well how is this team in the playoffs with the teams they have played.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I guess most of us fans will just have to put up with Bama's schedule. We fans could write Bill Battle, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get an answer. I guess we shouldn't be concerned with who Bama schedules. It's really is none of our business. I'm hoping that since we got rid of the BCS, the playoffs will be a best gauge of good teams making that playoffs. We shall see.

Well it at least opens up the door for two potentially more deserving teams who might've gotten snubbed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only time will tell. Im just not confident this committee will be given the power to remove a team based on SOS alone. wont surprise me at all if within a few months im back here saying well how is this team in the playoffs with the teams they have played.

Rest assured this will happen.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the thread, but I know bama fans never get their panties in a bunch.

Oh a couple have and with pretty good reason, but I even tried calming it down with music videos the other night hoping to end the senseless slaughter of brain cells and They have come back stronger than ever determined to kill the last remaining cells they have.

All I can do is punt and stop them on the 25 repeatedly, hoping they will give up and go home some day. Till then i have tissues for all the crying and vagisil for the special cases.:nod:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh a couple have and with pretty good reason, but I even tried calming it down with music videos the other night hoping to end the senseless slaughter of brain cells and They have come back stronger than ever determined to kill the last remaining cells they have.

All I can do is punt and stop them on the 25 repeatedly, hoping they will give up and go home some day. Till then i have tissues for all the crying and vagisil for the special cases.:nod:

At least you're consistent with all posters.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're consistent with all posters.

I am doing what I can, i know this is a backhanded comment from you(your M.O.). But really should I not post and let them slaughter my alma mater, or deny,deny, deny and let them whine to get it out of their system?

You tell me since its apparent you are the expert here in these matters of getting fans booted with troll tactics.:whistle:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the SOS hasn't had enough emphasis in past years. last year prime example. Alabama very well could have ended up in championship game had ball bounced their way once or twice. and its been mentioned by Alabama fans before that there schedule was beyond bad last season.

it remains to be seen if this new system will make SOS matter any more than the prior system. Personally with all the media all over SEC I cant see them leaving a team out.

FSU had a SoS that was way worse than Alabama last year. There are more factors involved than just SoS.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doing what I can, i know this is a backhanded comment from you(your M.O.). But really should I not post and let them slaughter my alma mater, or deny,deny, deny and let them whine to get it out of their system?

You tell me since its apparent you are the expert here in these matters of getting fans booted with troll tactics.:whistle:

There's the victim card. It seems you've learned well from one of your fellow rammer jammers.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the victim card. It seems you've learned well from one of your fellow rammer jammers.

Nope just not stupid or blind. Been here long enough to see it for myself. Easy to claim victim card while holding a smoking gun isnt it.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whos slaughtering? while your not defending either. your not really addressing whats being directed either. truth be told your the main one coming in attempting to defend the school. if it wasn't for you I probably would have gotten bored of posting days ago

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right!!!

Me too, It gets embarrassing making it to a title game and seeing the opponent your playing with a shocked look on their face and no answers on the field.

Its high time we got a playoff so there will no longer be a need for arguments about who was better ever again:whistle:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope just not stupid or blind. Been here long enough to see it for myself. Easy to claim victim card while holding a smoking gun isnt it.

Buddy, i don't know what you think you've seen, but I haven't gotten anyone here booted. Blaming someone else for that is weak anyways. Those posters who I had disagreements with tied the noose around their own neck because they didn't know how to shut up and didn't follow the rules.

If I was such a trouble maker, don't you think I would've gotten a time out or at least a warning from a mod? Guess what, it's never happened. That's not because I'm any of their best friends either. I've had plenty of disagreements with some. You can see it any way you want cowboy, but the truth is people get booted from here after several warnings because they're too stupid, or too stubborn to follow the rules. I hope you'll change your view and do not follow them because I do like you for the most part. Even if your blind homerism is a little humorous at times.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whos slaughtering? while your not defending either. your not really addressing whats being directed either. truth be told your the main one coming in attempting to defend the school. if it wasn't for you I probably would have gotten bored of posting days ago

Yeah because you've read what TF12 and I both agreed I stated on numerous occasions and you know my feelings on our schedule, right? Me letting you vent and actually trying to defend what i dont stand behind are two different sides of the coin pal. As i stated previously, you and a few others are carrying this conversation, I am just putting the ball back in play to let you eventually get bored and move on, while i further build my post count. Trying to get a set of steak knives or a SportsHoopla T-shirt. TF12 knows my feelings on our schedule as he has seen me post on it before.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because you've read what TF12 and I both agreed I stated on numerous occasions and you know my feelings on our schedule, right? Me letting you vent and actually trying to defend what i dont stand behind are two different sides of the coin pal. As i stated previously, you and a few others are carrying this conversation, I am just putting the ball back in play to let you eventually get bored and move on, while i further build my post count. Trying to get a set of steak knives or a SportsHoopla T-shirt. TF12 knows my feelings on our schedule as he has seen me post on it before.

The steak knives really aren't that nice. The handles look like wood, but they're actually plastic.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy, i don't know what you think you've seen, but I haven't gotten anyone here booted. Blaming someone else for that is weak anyways. Those posters who I had disagreements with tied the noose around their own neck because they didn't know how to shut up and didn't follow the rules.

If I was such a trouble maker, don't you think I would've gotten a time out or at least a warning from a mod? Guess what, it's never happened. That's not because I'm any of their best friends either. I've had plenty of disagreements with some. You can see it any way you want cowboy, but the truth is people get booted from here after several warnings because they're too stupid, or too stubborn to follow the rules. I hope you'll change your view and not follow them because I do like you for the most part. Even if your blind homerism is a little humorous at times.

Nerve struck. See, I learned well and that backhanded comment about me whining got a response that twisted your panties a bit. Learn to not throw the first punch, might not be one coming back. My presence in here is merely to keep them moving along till they get tired and dont want to respond any longer. They are the ones all up in arms with demands for answers, its pretty funny actually. Try some perspective instead of slinging mud right from the start like you did.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU had a SoS that was way worse than Alabama last year. There are more factors involved than just SoS.

true my point is SOS should be a bigger factor in the equation. my gut feeling is this committee's votes wont differ too much if any from the AP/coaches polls. as I stated media is all over the sec right now. sec teams are still going to get vaulted into top 25 after beating trash opponents. take for example miss st. likely wont open season ranked and they shouldn't. they open with southern miss, UAB and south Alabama. who wouldn't be 3-0 after playing that schedule. the end result is they get vaulted into top 25 after not playing any team with a pulse. the following week they play LSU. end result being LSU played a "ranked team" in miss st. when actually the team shouldn't have ever been ranked.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The steak knives really aren't that nice. The handles look like wood, but they're actually plastic.

What can you expect for only 200 posts in a thread, I am working on getting the nice set by driving this bitch to 1000 posts:nod:

No offense man, just jerking your chain a bit:suds:

Still stings that whipping you guys laid on us, gotta few hurt spots i am still nursing.