• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC>>>UCF???

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opponents don't determine how good your team is.

I mock the transitive property. Guess some of you take it seriously.

#UCFacts

Nope, your opponents don't determine how good your team is. What they do is determine whether or not your team is going to make the playoffs. Clearly you guys don't care if you make the playoffs, which is good, because you are not going to.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, your opponents don't determine how good your team is. What they do is determine whether or not your team is going to make the playoffs. Clearly you guys don't care if you make the playoffs, which is good, because you are not going to.
They really don’t want to make the playoff, because all but the most deluded of them know they’ll get their asses handed to them. They’d rather complain about why it’s so unfair, and keep on scheduling weak OOC games to ensure they never will have to.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm disgusted with my teams overall effort to schedule OOC. While we do got some good teams on the docket....Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Florida State, Oregon, Washington State, we have no business scheduling Portland State and even Marshall. When you play in the MWC or the AAC you need load that bitch with P5s. For God sake even mid rift teams like Minnesota, Iowa State or Arizona State look good on paper. If you can't beat the majority of those guys you really shouldn't be in the conversation anyway.

PS...as upset as I am with our OOC effort, I'd puke with UCF's effort.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm disgusted with my teams overall effort to schedule OOC. While we do got some good teams on the docket....Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Florida State, Oregon, Washington State, we have no business scheduling Portland State and even Marshall. When you play in the MWC or the AAC you need load that bitch with P5s. For God sake even mid rift teams like Minnesota, Iowa State or Arizona State look good on paper. If you can't beat the majority of those guys you really shouldn't be in the conversation anyway.

Check out Baylor's OOC. My Baylor alum brother in law gets a case of the red ass every time I mention his alma mater's OOC to him.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out Baylor's OOC. My Baylor alum brother in law gets a case of the red ass every time I mention his alma mater's OOC to him.
Baylor has been the subject of many a joke in that regard here.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor has been the subject of many a joke in that regard here.
They deserve all the wrath they get for that pathetic excuse for an OOC schedule.

Regarding G5s needing to play all P5s OOC, I agree if they want to be taken seriously at all. And in doing so they have to accept the fact they may only have 4 home games many years. I see very, very few P5 teams willing to give them return trips unless it is two for one or three for one.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They deserve all the wrath they get for that pathetic excuse for an OOC schedule.

Regarding G5s needing to play all P5s OOC, I agree if they want to be taken seriously at all. And in doing so they have to accept the fact they may only have 4 home games many years. I see very, very few P5 teams willing to give them return trips unless it is two for one or three for one.
That is ridiculous on it's face. Every team needs extra home games to provide revenue, and make the sport fair. But I get it, some schools want 7 or 8 home games, I guess.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the severe risk of sounding cocky, I don't think BSU has to worry about this nearly as much as the New Mexico States, Sun Belt and MAC teams of the world. We are gonna have to take some 2 for 1 deals for the really big boys, but should have plenty of those mid rift teams to fill the void.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is ridiculous on it's face. Every team needs extra home games to provide revenue, and make the sport fair. But I get it, some schools want 7 or 8 home games, I guess.
Yeah it is a little asanine when taken to extreme. It sure seems like P5s want 7-8 home games fo sho. In fact, they seem to like it so much they are more willing to give their fans 3-4 shitty OOC games instead of 2 good ones and 2 shitty ones via home and home with other P5s.

But take my Miners as an example. If we wanted to be taken seriously, we'd do things differently. We have four home and four away conference games every year. That leaves four open dates to schedule OOC. We should probably be willing to take the money from three P5 schools to go play at their place instead of bringing in a couple of Houston Baptists types to the Sun Bowl. It'd only be five home games but so what. Fans ain't showing up to see those crappy opponents anyway...but that may be because of our quality as much as the opponents!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the severe risk of sounding cocky, I don't think BSU has to worry about this nearly as much as the New Mexico States, Sun Belt and MAC teams of the world. We are gonna have to take some 2 for 1 deals for the really big boys, but should have plenty of those mid rift teams to fill the void.
The problem for the "mid rift" teams is they have a lot of risk if they are willing to play you guys at your place. Many of them are likely to lose.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the "mid rift" teams is they have a lot of risk if they are willing to play you guys at your place. Many of them are likely to lose.
Do see some of that I'm sure. BSU is a tough one in that you lose you lose, you win, well you should have.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this to a large degree from the standpoint of the entire community. Hotels, restaurants on Broadway and some tax revenue when we play at home. From 1994 to 2006 I held season tickets and walked on average a mile and a half holding kids hands to get into the stadium. We are not Idaho or SJSU that has to take $900K to get our ass kicked in SEC country anymore. Call me selfish in my old age, but I would rather watch us lose to Auburn 31-38 in my living room than sit on those metal seats and watch us clobber some Big Sky team by 50 points. If we only have 5 home games and spend 7 on the road, I'm good if it is a quality team. As compact and factual as some would like to believe the CFB ranking system is...it is 90% an eye test. A 12-1 BSU team with a close loss to Clemson (sun, stars and moon aligned), rates way above a 13-0 BSU team hanging their hat on a single P5 win against a stumbling FSU. Just want to see us have a chance.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they schedule a game with Incarnate Word?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ok with Boise's , Minnesota like most low mid-tier or lower P5's is not going to play you, they have a low expectation of winning. Maybe if you schedule away and away, but as nice as it sounds to play all P5, it doesn't pay the bills.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time of scheduling I’m pretty sure they were D2

I’m not sure what their current classification is. I can’t imagine it’s changed.

They can't be, much as it might seem otherwise, FBS teams can't play D2 schools. Word was an FCS Independent starting in 2013 and has been a Southland Conference member since 2014.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 tier class systems shouldn't exist in America.

What UCF is doing is bigger than winning a game, a conference Championship or even a National Championship. We are challenging the structure of the entire post season, the 2 tier class system and the ESP5N Cartel.

If you want a legit postseason, you should be a supporter of UCF.

#UCFacts

Not trying to piss in your Cheerios but we've already been down this road with Boise State. At least now if you go undefeated & you beat some quality opponents & 4 P5 teams don't go undefeated, you have a shot at getting in the playoff. Remote shot to be sure but at least there is a remote chance. Boise had zero chance at getting in the top 2 in the BCS days. So things have gotten better.

Once these dorks realize they can make a boatload more cash by going to an 8 team playoff it will happen. Money drives sports. It just does.