• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC>>>UCF???

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So USC deserves to reach the playoffs then for also beating the crap out of a depleted and pathetic Stanford team.

Oregon likely going to lay some lumber on them this week in their house. Playoffs for them as well.
We out here giving away playoff spots like Oprah handing out canned hams.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 tier class systems shouldn't exist in America.

What UCF is doing is bigger than winning a game, a conference Championship or even a National Championship. We are challenging the structure of the entire post season, the 2 tier class system and the ESP5N Cartel.

If you want a legit postseason, you should be a supporter of UCF.

#UCFacts

Shouldn’t we thank Boise first?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 tier class systems shouldn't exist in America.

What UCF is doing is bigger than winning a game, a conference Championship or even a National Championship. We are challenging the structure of the entire post season, the 2 tier class system and the ESP5N Cartel.

If you want a legit postseason, you should be a supporter of UCF.

#UCFacts

tenor.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida St. tried to hire this gal but they couldn't afford her. That and she didn't want to live in Tallahassee.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't put out a World beating team this year, but do you really see UCF beating BSU on a neutral field?
That would be a game to see and one I wouldn't bet on tbh. It could go either way.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either join a better conference or play a much better schedule. Playing a P5 opponent whose had their worst team in a very long time isn't saying much. USC with their backup QB beat them by more...there is a real problem at Stanford right now.
I'm going to stick up for UCF on this one. Playing Stanford (Pac-12) was great. So is playing @ Pitt (ACC). Ohio State has played both of those programs OOC before. Not UCF's fault if a team like that is down a bit. What I have issue with is the other OOC Games vs. non-P5 teams. If UCF or any other non-P5 team really wants to make a move, they should do all they can to only schedule P5 schools OOC and definitely NO FCS schools.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC- 45 Stanford- 20 in Los Angeles

UCF- 45 Stanford- 27 across the country for Stanford in Orlando.
I would conclude that Stanford isn't very good this year. :scratch:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to stick up for UCF on this one. Playing Stanford (Pac-12) was great. So is playing @ Pitt (ACC). Ohio State has played both of those programs OOC before. Not UCF's fault if a team like that is down a bit. What I have issue with is the other OOC Games vs. non-P5 teams. If UCF or any other non-P5 team really wants to make a move, they should do all they can to only schedule P5 schools OOC and definitely NO FCS schools.

UCF is going to play 0 ranked teams this year...ala Western Michigan and it certainly is not going to help them that their conference is like 0-6 against ranked teams this year....so any close games they have in-conference are going to be scrutinized too. There are plenty of G5 teams playing better OOC schedules than UCF and playing in better conferences, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Cincinnati - UCLA, Ohio St, Marshall Miami(OH)
Southern Miss - Alcorn St, Miss St, Alabama, Troy
Hawaii - Arizona, Oregon St, Washington, Army, Central Arkansas
Utah St - LSU, BYU, Wake Forest, Stony Brook
Boise - FSU, BYU, Marshall, Portland St

The difference with all of these schedules is there is at least one P5 that was likely to be in the top 15 on them. You could argue that UCF expected Stanford to be a top 15 team, but here is what they have upcoming...

2020 - North Carolina, GT
2021 - Louisville,
2022 - Louiville, GT
2023 - North Carolina
2024 - North Carolina

Which ones are UCF going to pretend they thought were going to be top 15?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is going to play 0 ranked teams this year...ala Western Michigan and it certainly is not going to help them that their conference is like 0-6 against ranked teams this year....so any close games they have in-conference are going to be scrutinized too. There are plenty of G5 teams playing better OOC schedules than UCF and playing in better conferences, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

The difference with all of these schedules is there is at least one P5 that was likely to be in the top 15 on them. You could argue that UCF expected Stanford to be a top 15 team, but here is what they have upcoming...

2021 - Louisville,
2022 - Louiville, GT
2023 - North Carolina
2024 - North Carolina

What I said is that I don't hold Stanford or @ Pitt against them, but they need to schedule ALL of their OOC games vs. P5 teams - which they did not do and NO FCS teams. If they also played 2 other P5s instead of FAMU (FCS) and FAU (C-USA), they would be doing enough IMO. That's all.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said is that I don't hold Stanford or @ Pitt against them, but they need to schedule ALL of their OOC games vs. P5 teams - which they did not do and NO FCS teams. If they also played 2 other P5s instead of FAMU (FCS) and FAU (C-USA), they would be doing enough IMO. That's all.

While I certainly think that would go a long way towards guaranteeing them a spot, I don't think 5 P5's OOC is realistic. I would definitely go for quality over quantity.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I certainly think that would go a long way towards guaranteeing them a spot, I don't think 5 P5's OOC is realistic. I would definitely go for quality over quantity.
I agree that quality is better than quantity, and Stanford is a quality opponent with a HC that has won the Pac and won the Rose Bowl. They are a fine solid OOC opponent for UCF, Alabama or any team to schedule.

Either way, UCF has 4 OOC spots, and they should maximize them as best they can. Stanford and @ Pitt help achieve that goal. FAMU and @ FAU do not. So, I am giving them credit for Stanford and @ Pitt, but saying do better than FAMU and @ FAU. :)

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a big dick non power team. And when they get the big invite, they normally struggle a bit. I don't know why this is really a conversation anymore. UCF would be an 8-4 or 9-3 team in any major besides the ACC. Which might be the best place for them. They -should- get a major invite. It's a big school. It's got a decent alumni base. It's in a talent rich area. In the next round of expansion, if I were a conference that could even sort of pretend at claiming territory in Florida, they'd be first up on my list. Maybe the B1G will poach Virginia or something in 5 years. Who knows?

But the current roster, if it had to play in the SEC, B1G, Big 12, or Pac 12, ignoring the horrors of travel arrangements for 3 of them, would still be a slightly upper crust team in them. At the top of their game they can knock off anyone, sure.

When ASU made the move from the old WAC to the Pac 10, they were like 2 years removed from a perfect season where they finished #2 overall (to a fucking Oklahoma team that lost at home to Kansas, but got the nod because they won by more against Nebraska than ASU did). It was chock full of NFL guys. That undefeated team was FAR more talented than UCF was relative to peers and in the era. They went 9-3 in the Pac 10 the year they joined. Nice season, beat the eventual National Champ USC team. But they weren't a contender in their own right.

It's the same shit. Same as Utah is now. Same as TCU. What you do when you know your conference is relatively shitty compared to you, and you can get up for a few specific games with a lot of momentum behind you, and what you do when it's a week in, week out grind, are different things.

Last edited:

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2021 - Louisville,
2022 - Louiville, GT
2023 - North Carolina
2024 - North Carolina

Your opponents don't determine how good your team is.

I mock the transitive property. Guess some of you take it seriously.

#UCFacts

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO those tards actually believe they produce an environment even remotely close to the big boys on game day Too funny

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sure El Paso is. But it is hell for the Sun Bowl. Change the time and date of the game. El Paso just isn’t a pleasant place to try and get to either Christmas night or by noon the day after Christmas.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure El Paso is. But it is hell for the Sun Bowl. Change the time and date of the game. El Paso just isn’t a pleasant place to try and get to either Christmas night or by noon the day after Christmas.
The time/date has been dictated by CBS for many years now. In fact, the Sun Bowl is one of the few bowl games that is NOT broadcast on ESPN/ABC.

This year it is "High Noon" El Paso time on New Year's Eve. (Good time for a game in the wild, wild, West.)