• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC Opens As 3 Point Favorite Over Utah

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC should be favored, they by far have the most talent in the conference. If they ever click they should be favored against about 90% of the country.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wt....

Not gonna doubt it. Lost my summer home in Haiti betting on Atlanta to cover on Thursday night.

Rush will have to stay at the Two Seasons from now on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is favored to win out in the S&P the rest of the year:

2015 USC advanced statistical profile

Gives them a 63% chance to beat Utah with a score of about 33-28.

Also had them beating Notre Dame, and isn't able to take into account the effects of the coaching change.

FPI gives USC an even bigger chance to win, 71.8%

USC 2015 FPI - Trojans - ESPN

I do believe it was also wrong on Notre Dame.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other vegas related movements...

UCLA started at -7.5...down to -5 at WYNN.
Toledo opened up at -9 to UMASS, already up to -14
Clemson has already jumped 4 to -6.5 against MIAMI (FL)
Arky opened at -4 against Auburn and is up to -5.5
OU opened at -12 to TTU and has moved to -15

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other vegas related movements...

UCLA started at -7.5...down to -5 at WYNN.
Toledo opened up at -9 to UMASS, already up to -14
Clemson has already jumped 4 to -6.5 against MIAMI (FL)
Arky opened at -4 against Auburn and is up to -5.5
OU opened at -12 to TTU and has moved to -15
Have no bloody idea about that Arky/Barn thang. :scratch:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the spread this morning and was surprised to see USC favored. I think there a 3 factors that play into it.

As wazzu pointed out, we are probably the most talented team in the PAC. We're just very young. If these kids develop and play to their talent level, we can beat anyone in the country. Also, the game is at the Coliseum and it seems like the pundits are all waiting for Utah to "come back down to earth."

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or Vegas really wants to entice money onto Utah because they know that people will disproportionately bet on USC.

Wait - Vegas is more about making money than picking the correct winner? Why that's unthinkable.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting. seems like one of those gotcha lines that look stupid but then vegas takes all your money.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the spread this morning and was surprised to see USC favored. I think there a 3 factors that play into it.

As wazzu pointed out, we are probably the most talented team in the PAC. We're just very young. If these kids develop and play to their talent level, we can beat anyone in the country. Also, the game is at the Coliseum and it seems like the pundits are all waiting for Utah to "come back down to earth."
As wazzu pointed out, we are probably the most talented team in the PAC. If these kids develop and play to their talent level, we can beat anyone in the country. - This is debateable. They are talented going by the recruiting rankings, obviously. USC brings in the 5*. They also have probably the most individual talented prospects (Kessler, Smith, Cravens, etc). However, it seems like their youth has yet to catch up to the proven talent at the other schools like Stanford, or at Utah. More importantly, their coaching talent isn't near what Utah has.

Also, the game is at the Coliseum - I don't think that matters all that much this season.

It seems like the pundits are all waiting for Utah to "come back down to earth. - This one I can agree with, but it still seems foolish to make them the underdogs until they prove worthy of it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised. They gave ND a good game for most of it, but favored? I know Utah struggled against a mediocre ASU team but their defense is pretty damn good.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once every ice age I feel compelled to root for SC. This is it for this one. (now I feel like I need to shower)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As wazzu pointed out, we are probably the most talented team in the PAC. If these kids develop and play to their talent level, we can beat anyone in the country. - This is debateable. They are talented going by the recruiting rankings, obviously. USC brings in the 5*. They also have probably the most individual talented prospects (Kessler, Smith, Cravens, etc). However, it seems like their youth has yet to catch up to the proven talent at the other schools like Stanford, or at Utah. More importantly, their coaching talent isn't near what Utah has.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with here or what's debatable? The level of talent that USC has is undeniable. I stated in my post that we are also very young. Being so young, they are inconsistent. When they play to the level of their talent, we look like we can beat anyone in the country. When they play to the level of their experience, we struggle.

Also, the game is at the Coliseum - I don't think that matters all that much this season.

Home field is home field.

It seems like the pundits are all waiting for Utah to "come back down to earth. - This one I can agree with, but it still seems foolish to make them the underdogs until they prove worthy of it.

I agree, but I don't set the betting lines. I just know that I'm hearing a lot of pundits saying that Utah will come back down. From what I've seen of them so far, I don't know what they are seeing that would indicate that. I hope the pundits are right and it starts this Saturday against USC, but I wouldn't bet any real money on it.