• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Basketball 2016

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bears some portion of the responsibility for those changes (other than Malone). What vets do you think could reach him that are in a situation he would fit? Maybe New York with Melo? Chicago? I don't see the fit in Cleveland or SA (and definitely not GS). Somewhere with CP3 (if he leaves the Clips)?

At some point, he has to be responsible for himself. He's only 25, but he's been in the league for 6 years already. Maturity has to take over at some point soon.

I think it's more about the staff and the front office to tell the truth. I think veteran teammates will help to possibly calm him in the huddle, but on an overall day to day basis a strong front office and coaching staff will be the ones to put the biggest impression on him.

He needs to be able to connect on a level with the coaching staff, where he feels they have his back. He needs a front office that will let him know they're trying to be competitive and have a plan in place to get better. If you're asking him to shoulder a huge burden of the on-court responsibilities, without any help on it's way or a direction for improvement, you can see how frustration starts to set in.

I chalk up his first 3 years to immaturity. At age 19-22, hell I have no idea what I was doing, but I know it wasn't smart or responsible. After that he started to round out into a professional. Then had some major set backs with the direction of the team, and the coaching turn-over.

But after those 3 years, the stigma of his attitude was irreversible. There aren't many plausible situations out there for him to go to now, but considering he's a free agent in the off-season we'll see what direction he takes. Honestly the best spot for him might be Portland. They already have two premiere guards and their franchise player in place in Dame. If the Blazers were able to clear enough cap space to sign him as a max free agent, that would be great. Stotts is a really good coach and I think with that culture already in place, it would be a nice place for him to grow with a young squad on the rise.