• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer driven 'insane' by Herman, Muschamp blaming players

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see USC, Oklahoma and Okie Jr. as unwinnable if things play out the way they are expected to go. But past that, UT will have a fighting chance in every game they play. Herman can coach. He's a dick but he's a good coach and let's face it: Texas doesn't need Mother Teresa right now. What I would expect is Texas playing very well in some games and the Horns fans get a peek at what can happen next year. Next year Herman will have the kinks worked out and will start to be one of the most hated coaches in the country when he's popping off about TCU or Oklahoma or TTech or whoever. But you won't care. Winning is everything. Have faith.

For some reason I think they pull an upset. It would almost be typical Texas. Under Charlie it was pull an upset and drop an unthinkable game, maybe Herman is flipping the script.

Texas is still long way from back. I need to see a bad ass defensive line before I make that proclamation. That's been a problem for both of us as fans.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer won without Tebow at Florida. Had he stayed at Florida and got his head under control, he would have won again.

Games, sure. An NC?? Stop kidding yourself. Leak was good that year but stupid jump pass saved them in more then one game.

tiger1960

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After so many years of butt-hurt caused by tSEC, I'm sure you shit yourself when Meyer 'un-retired' and took the Ohio St job...

Desperatin knows no bounds.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I think they pull an upset. It would almost be typical Texas. Under Charlie it was pull an upset and drop an unthinkable game, maybe Herman is flipping the script.

Texas is still long way from back. I need to see a bad ass defensive line before I make that proclamation. That's been a problem for both of us as fans.

I don't know the Texas squad as well as you do but from watching them on the field the past few years and in the Maryland game it appears UT still hasn't found the coaching they need. Talent, you have. But you need to get more out of that talent. This year's recruiting is important. But Herman will eventually get his system in place (even if it's dumbed down a bit this year) and the future will be fine. I agree on the upset. You will play OU hard; that's almost a given. Then you'll jump up and beat Okie Jr or someone else when no one expects it. I can just imagine what it will be like reading the Horns comments when that happens. :)

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games, sure. An NC?? Stop kidding yourself. Leak was good that year but stupid jump pass saved them in more then one game.

You don't think Meyer could have won at least one more down there? Keep in mind that it takes more than just a QB to win anything. Tebow was great, but he was also surrounded by great players.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrests were rampant in Gainesville under Urban Meyer

Meyer bowing out wasnt' guilt enough for you?

Blaming health issues just magnifies his weakness of character.
Read the article, still didn't see anything about recruiting violations which is the only thing I disagreed with in your post.

I have never disputed the thug-related problems at Florida. I was an unpopular Buckeye fan because I considered Ohio State to be a program on the edge when Tressel was fired. I didn't think a guy like Urban Meyer would be the one to clean it up. I was wrong.

I have no proof, but I believe Meyer left Florida because he had lost control of the program and didn't see a path to regain control.

Again, I have no proof, but I believe that "contract" he signed with his family was as much about how different things were going to be at his next job as it was about his behavior at home.

Fortunately, I was wrong in thinking he would not change (at least so far). Ohio State has been a pretty good program under Meyer. Problem players haven't been coddled, they have been disciplined and/or shown the door. The minute the crap that STILL goes on at Florida shows up at Ohio State, I will be hear to advocate for his dismissal.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article, still didn't see anything about recruiting violations which is the only thing I disagreed with in your post.

I have never disputed the thug-related problems at Florida. I was an unpopular Buckeye fan because I considered Ohio State to be a program on the edge when Tressel was fired. I didn't think a guy like Urban Meyer would be the one to clean it up. I was wrong.

I have no proof, but I believe Meyer left Florida because he had lost control of the program and didn't see a path to regain control.

Again, I have no proof, but I believe that "contract" he signed with his family was as much about how different things were going to be at his next job as it was about his behavior at home.

Fortunately, I was wrong in thinking he would not change (at least so far). Ohio State has been a pretty good program under Meyer. Problem players haven't been coddled, they have been disciplined and/or shown the door. The minute the crap that STILL goes on at Florida shows up at Ohio State, I will be hear to advocate for his dismissal.

I don't know that I completely buy into that. UF was NEVER on the same level as say.. Miami(Fl).

tiger1960

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great response...

As for recruiting violations, we're both skirting the issue a tad.

While many, if not all, of the UF players were recruited within the rules per say, they eventually proved to be ghetto trash wearing gator uniforms on the field.

My main assertion here is Meyer knew the character, or lack of, the players he recruited and simply didn't care as long as they helped him win football games.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great response...

As for recruiting violations, we're both skirting the issue a tad.

While many, if not all, of the UF players were recruited within the rules per say, they eventually proved to be ghetto trash wearing gator uniforms on the field.

My main assertion here is Meyer knew the character, or lack of, the players he recruited and simply didn't care as long as they helped him win football games.
That is not against the rules. There is no reason to falsely accuse him of cheating. He was a dirtbag when he was at Florida. I am not skirting around anything.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Meyer could have won at least one more down there? Keep in mind that it takes more than just a QB to win anything. Tebow was great, but he was also surrounded by great players.

No, I don't. He won two then quit. He gets one attributed to him. Being at blue bloods doesn't excuse lackluster seasons. No matter how many NC's you have won.

Sure the guy has 3 to his name, but two is the most he gets credit for.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't. He won two then quit. He gets one attributed to him. Being at blue bloods doesn't excuse lackluster seasons. No matter how many NC's you have won.

Sure the guy has 3 to his name, but two is the most he gets credit for.

He gets credit for two?? you can't be serious. 3 NCs puts you in some pretty elite company + UF is up there, but I'm not sure they're really a blue blood(debatable). The guy seems to win wherever he goes. I don't think you deny that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets credit for two?? you can't be serious. 3 NCs puts you in some pretty elite company + UF is up there, but I'm not sure they're really a blue blood(debatable). The guy seems to win wherever he goes. I don't think you deny that.

You are giving him credit for that first? I don't give full credit.

That guy seems to win at the two blue bloods he was at. His record at Utah and bowling green were good, but I question competition. So yes bucknut, I credit him for 2.5 at most.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That guy seems to win at the two blue bloods he was at. His record at Utah and bowling green were good, but I question competition. So yes bucknut, I credit him for 2.5 at most.
I'm sure if Urban knew, he wouldn't sleep at night knowing you don't give him the credit that every sane person in the world does.

Trust me, I saw the first one. It was legit.

:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if Urban knew, he wouldn't sleep at night knowing you don't give him the credit that every sane person in the world does.

Trust me, I saw the first one. It was legit.

:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd:

Just as I'm sure if urban cared what you (an every other bucknut) thought, he'd a slept better and maybe still been at UF.

I trust you as much as I trust harbaugh. So that must mean you're legit.

Moron

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I'm sure if urban cared what you (an every other bucknut) thought, he'd a slept better and maybe still been at UF.

I trust you as much as I just harbaugh. So that must mean you're legit.

Moron
I hope to goodness he doesn't care what I or any fan thinks.

"If a coach worries about what the fans think, he will soon be sitting with them."

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to goodness he doesn't care what I or any fan thinks.

"If a coach worries about what the fans think, he will soon be sitting with them."

Well you seemed (condescendingly) to think if urban knew that people didn't consider his first NC not all his he wouldn't sleep. Now it doesn't matter what he or fans think?

Really???

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got your opinion.. I'm cool with that. But things have never been better here(recently). The recruits just keep rolling in!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you seemed (condescendingly) to think if urban knew that people didn't consider his first NC not all his he wouldn't sleep. Now it doesn't matter what he or fans think?

Really???
I thought he was being sarcastic. Then again....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got your opinion.. I'm cool with that. But things have never been better here(recently). The recruits just keep rolling in!

Well technically things were better in 2014, granted that was end of year stuff.