• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Helped Cover Up Attempted Murder

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see Brady Hoke's first real recruit at QB get a chance to play. Northwestern was sneaky good last season too.

We are likely looking at 2 seasons before we see Shane Morris.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

From this day forward, I shall be known as "Team B1G".

Nope, your numerous postings here indicate to me that you have no problem with coaches running universities. Trust me, if Saban wants something to happen in Tuscalooosa, it's going to happen. When Meyer was a UF, it is very evident that he recruited a lot of great athletes who were questionable citizens. A number of former players have indicated that Meyer was known to look the other way when presented with evidence that top players were misbehaving. Of course, if the player is a bench warmer, discipline is much more severe. Indeed, all the better to get rid of a trouble causing 3rd stringer, it opens up a scholarship!

The situation at most universities is similar. How many times have we found out about some top player or coach getting freedom to do everything from mayhem to child molestation under the eyes of a coach and or administration whose mantra is "win at any cost?"

At Florida under Meyer, Gator football players getting into trouble of various kinds was so commonplace that it was almost routine. Over 30 players were arrested under Meyer's tenure, and Hernandez didn't even make the list, apparently.

Now that he is at Ohio St., another school famous for forgiving the multiple sins of top players, one can only suspect that this trend will continue. Here are some articles to mull:

Tim Tebow tried to break up Aaron Hernandez violent bar fight - Orlando Sentinel

Gators have lots of wins ? and way too many arrests - Sun Sentinel

'

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At OSU, so far at least, Meyer has made it plain that he isn't putting up with this crap any more. I confess that I wasn't on the Hire Meyer Bandwagon at OSU mainly because of his problems with player discipline. Once he was hired, I decided to give him a chance, but if it becomes the same kind of pattern at OSU I will agree with the critics.

He suspended two senior starters for 2 games last year because they were arrested (they were, gasp, caught peeing in public). A couple of guys have been shown the door for more serious offenses. Storm Klein was charged with domestic violence and was immediately dismissed from the team. When all of the facts became known, his baby momma recanted on her claim and he was reinstated in the middle of the season.

So, you may assume the pattern will repeat itself, and it may, but it hasn't so far. I don't know that he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Remarkably, it hasn't gotten better at Florida since he left.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt would never do this horrendous thing. Urban should follow the teachings of the lerd and be a gud christian man

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, your numerous postings here indicate to me that you have no problem with coaches running universities. Trust me, if Saban wants something to happen in Tuscalooosa, it's going to happen. When Meyer was a UF, it is very evident that he recruited a lot of great athletes who were questionable citizens. A number of former players have indicated that Meyer was known to look the other way when presented with evidence that top players were misbehaving. Of course, if the player is a bench warmer, discipline is much more severe. Indeed, all the better to get rid of a trouble causing 3rd stringer, it opens up a scholarship!

The situation at most universities is similar. How many times have we found out about some top player or coach getting freedom to do everything from mayhem to child molestation under the eyes of a coach and or administration whose mantra is "win at any cost?"

At Florida under Meyer, Gator football players getting into trouble of various kinds was so commonplace that it was almost routine. Over 30 players were arrested under Meyer's tenure, and Hernandez didn't even make the list, apparently.

Now that he is at Ohio St., another school famous for forgiving the multiple sins of top players, one can only suspect that this trend will continue. Here are some articles to mull:
'

When players screw up at Alabama, they get cut or severely punished. You don't want to be in Saban's doghouse and everyone knows it. Alabama is leading the "Fulmer Cup" right now because of 4 players and they were dealt with almost immediately.

Saban has alot of pull in Tuscaloosa not because he is Saban and can do whatever he wants. He has pull because he does the RIGHT THINGS. It's those same things that have lead to his success.

You as usual are just looking for any and every excuse to push as to why other teams are better and/or more successful than your own team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Team SEC" is going to be sad to have lost you!! :becky:

be-back.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tim Tebow tried to break up Aaron Hernandez violent bar fight - Orlando Sentinel

Gators have lots of wins ? and way too many arrests - Sun Sentinel

'
Mull what? There were a lot of arrest, we know. If his players do that at tOSU, he can go. But guess what, no problems in Columbus. By the way all schools forgive sins of top players as long as they are not too serious. I havent seen that either.

faslodex45

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it makes sense. Meyer is dirt.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit::bullshit:
When players screw up at Alabama, they get cut or severely punished. You don't want to be in Saban's doghouse and everyone knows it. Alabama is leading the "Fulmer Cup" right now because of 4 players and they were dealt with almost immediately.

Saban has alot of pull in Tuscaloosa not because he is Saban and can do whatever he wants. He has pull because he does the RIGHT THINGS. It's those same things that have lead to his success.

You as usual are just looking for any and every excuse to push as to why other teams are better and/or more successful than your own team.
:bullshit: Come on Gump, we all know (particularly us that have had Saban in our direct employ) Tricky Nicky is just better than most at covering up and not bringing "dirty Laundry" into the press where he can be SLAMMED for it. Besides that the little fuck has most media people and the SEC commisioner(Slive) intimidated.
GET THE HELL OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, you assholes are just as bad if not worse than any school in the nation!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit::bullshit::bullshit: Come on Gump, we all know (particularly us that have had Saban in our direct employ) Tricky Nicky is just better than most at covering up and not bringing "dirty Laundry" into the press where he can be SLAMMED for it. Besides that the little fuck has most media people and the SEC commisioner(Slive) intimidated.
GET THE HELL OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, you assholes are just as bad if not worse than any school in the nation!

You sound like an Auburn fan.

BamaGameWinnerTD_original.gif

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they were JUICE, just so things dont become confused about that game, they were beat every way a team can beat another except for the way it counts, on the scoreboard! That is the fault of MILES and his idiot assistant of last year, that fat slob of an O line coach he decided to make his OFF CO-ORDINATOR last year just before the season started! If the D would not have been on the field almost twice as long as the O, I venture to guess LSU would have beaten last years vaunted Nat. Champs by at least 2 touchdowns. At least people that know football know, one of the main reasons TAMU beat bama after LSU physically whipped their butts up and down the field last year was just that, LSU BEAT THE PHYSICAL DOGSHIT OUT OF ALABAMA LAST YEAR IN BATON ROUGE! After that, they couldnt answer the bell for Johnny Football and Texas A and M, every gump that will tell the truth knows it and so does SABAN. Bama has been making a habit of losing a game at home, when they win the Nat Championship, dating back to that game of the century, when LSU beat them with George Jefferson and Weezy in BHAM and all the Justin Biebers were crying on national television!