• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

upgrade Whitner

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't want Whitner to play another snap on the Niners. I don't care how much leadership you have it you can't cover.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a leader in the secondary, Rogers will be cut, leaving 2 young corners and a 2nd year safety. We need a leader back there, they need to bring Whiter back

Same was said for Goldson last year if he was to go. This year I didn't miss his "flags" or letting players catch the ball for the big hit instead of making a play on the ball... Whitner is this years Goldson and he wont be missed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You need a leader in the secondary, Rogers will be cut, leaving 2 young corners and a 2nd year safety. We need a leader back there, they need to bring Whiter back

this is true IF you can manage it, and would be true for all 'units'. but I'd think most times you can't have this ideal cycle of leadership plus new blood? that is your goal but most cases, timing doesn't work out?

in this particular situation with Whitner, wouldn't keep him IF the biggest reason is leadership.
the biggest reason should be how well you project he'll play? if you're a good leader but can't hold up YOUR OWN responsibilities, then you take down the D yourself.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same was said for Goldson last year if he was to go. This year I didn't miss his "flags" or letting players catch the ball for the big hit instead of making a play on the ball... Whitner is this years Goldson and he wont be missed.

When we let him go we still had Whitner who was a leader and a Pro Bowler. We will not find another safety better then him on the open market. If he doesnt want a huge pay day then bring him back for a couple years

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we let him go we still had Whitner who was a leader and a Pro Bowler. We will not find another safety better then him on the open market. If he doesnt want a huge pay day then bring him back for a couple years

This could Whitner's last chance to land a big payday. He might be looking for a long-term contract, possibly for four years @ $5 mill per season. If the Niners can sign him for two years at the right price, I would want him back. He showed willingness to improve in his coverage and a leader in the secondary.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin just restructured and the cap may go up even more than originally thought. Might have a shot at keeping Whitner now.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring Whiter and Dawson back after Boldin is re-signed

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of strong safeties in the league that are good at run support, there's fewer that are good in coverage.

And I think Reid is a perfect fit at ss. We need a more rangy, ballhawking fs. I wouldn't object to Pryor or Dix (whoever they feel is better) in the 1st.

A fs like that will help right away, any rookie cb will need at least a couple of seasons to make an impact.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And I think Reid is a perfect fit at ss. We need a more rangy, ballhawking fs. I wouldn't object to Pryor or Dix (whoever they feel is better) in the 1st.

A fs like that will help right away, any rookie cb will need at least a couple of seasons to make an impact.

I wouldn't necessarily call C-Dix or Pryor ball hawks. They're very great prospects, but Ball hawks? Nah.

Joyner could be that ball hawk you'd want, but he's not gonna hurt people like Pryor.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Whitner gone. He gets too many fouls and will get suspended soon for repeat offender. The NFL just looks at fouls called. Not if those fouls were really fouls. Goldson had this issue last season. Nothing like having Dahl start a game or two from a suspension.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Whitner gone. He gets too many fouls and will get suspended soon for repeat offender. The NFL just looks at fouls called. Not if those fouls were really fouls. Goldson had this issue last season. Nothing like having Dahl start a game or two from a suspension.

He will be back and we need him back there

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't resign him. we made the right choice with Goldson and I hope we make the right one again. Reason Whitner is playing well is scheme. I rather sign Major wright or draft another safety then sign Whitner for big money.