• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Bulls documentary likely to be a Bronsexual's paradise

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you not like the 90s style ball? That was a man's sport. Now it is flopping and breathe on someone you get a foul. The 90s was the best decade in the history of the NBA.

I appreciate the 90's for what it was and I did enjoy a lot of the physicality, fights, etc. That era was a lot of fun. Jeff Van Gundy wrapping himself around Alonzo Mourning's leg during a Heat/Knicks brawl is still one of the funniest things ever.

But as far as how the game is meant to be played, it really wasn't good basketball.

I'd like to see more physical play than we see in today's game, but I wouldn't want to see a return to 90's style basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the 90's for what it was and I did enjoy a lot of the physicality, fights, etc. That era was a lot of fun. Jeff Van Gundy wrapping himself around Alonzo Mourning's leg during a Heat/Knicks brawl is still one of the funniest things ever.

But as far as how the game is meant to be played, it really wasn't good basketball.

I'd like to see more physical play than we see in today's game, but I wouldn't want to see a return to 90's style basketball.

The basketball today is played at a much higher level IMO

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.

Bowen would have been considered soft on that team.

Still crazy to me that people glorify that era and that brand of play. It is disgraceful. The NBA took way too long to stop it. The game of basketball is meant to flow. The Pistons ruined that for about a decade.

80s Showtime was graceful. Celtics were fundamentally sound but also pretty tough. Bad Boys definitely not

The East was just a different animal all together

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80s Showtime was graceful. Celtics were fundamentally sound but also pretty tough. Bad Boys definitely not

The East was just a different animal all together

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I think the Celtics probably did the best job of mixing a flowing style with physical play.

Can't really blame the Bad Boys too much. They figured out that they weren't getting past the Celtics, let alone the Lakers if they tried to play 80's style basketball.

So, they ratcheted up their physical play and it worked for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I think the Celtics probably did the best job of mixing a flowing style with physical play.

Can't really blame the Bad Boys too much. They figured out that they weren't getting past the Celtics, let alone the Lakers if they tried to play 80's style basketball.

So, they ratcheted up their physical play and it worked for them.

I don’t blame the Pistons. They were competitors and they found a way to win.

I blame the NBA for allowing them to play that way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you not like the 90s style ball? That was a man's sport. Now it is flopping and breathe on someone you get a foul. The 90s was the best decade in the history of the NBA.

No, it really isn’t.

If I tune into a basketball game, I want to watch basketball. I want to see skill, athleticism and speed.

If I want violence I will tune into an MMA fight.

The NBA is more popular now more than ever because they have found their niche in the sports world. In the 90s they were trying to be something they weren’t meant to be. And the product was really hard to watch at times.

Thankfully, the Bulls were able to transcend all that garbage. If teams like the Knicks and Riley Heat has won rings in that era, it would have taken longer for the sport to get back to what it was meant to be.

Now the Warriors have delivered us all the way back to the fast paced ball movement style of play that is so fun to watch. And I am thankful for that.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, uh, to a Bulls fan I would think so LOL

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, the sport evolves and strategy is much better now. Look at defenses, hardly anyone double teamed MJ back then. Switching wasn't a thing, etc.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take that bulls team against any I’ve seen.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche', It hasn't been all bad though. The team with Derrick Rose, Noah, and company was fun as hell to watch.
Sure...and the game was less of a wrestling match with that team. But you'll never top the 90s if you're a Bulls fan. The best teams ever were probably the 1996 Bulls, 2017 Warriors, 1986 Celtics, 1985 Lakers, 2001 Lakers in some order. Maybe one of LeBron's Heat teams?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, the sport evolves and strategy is much better now. Look at defenses, hardly anyone double teamed MJ back then. Switching wasn't a thing, etc.

Illegal defense did make that harder to do,

but this is a good point. Concepts on both sides of the ball have come a really long way in the last 20 years. The Information Age has made it really easy for coaches to share ideas and develop new schemes.

30 years ago, there were a few innovators, but most coaches used what they learned from their particular coaching tree. Today coaches have access to unlimited ideas for offensive concepts, defensive coverages, etc. successful coaches all over the country seek to share the nuances that have helped them get where they are.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. B-ball IQ back then was higher on the court. Stockton, Bird, Magic we’re off the chain. Who can match that today?

And are you suggesting that someone today plays on a higher level than where MJ was in the 90s? People forget the Shaq and Kobe teams were physical. The Heat were physical after the Knicks. 90s style was really good and it went on into the early 2000s.

I don’t want to see the Bad Boys but I don’t want to see flag football either. The 90s were a good blend of the old school and what is today. Watching the Lakers Shaq and Kobe was also great b-ball.

And honestly I like the finals of the current NBA and the way the game is called. The refs let them play for the majority of the game. Regular season and some of the playoffs it’s a whistle fest. To me the refs are way too involved today overall and I don’t watch the game for the refs

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. B-ball IQ back then was higher on the court. Stockton, Bird, Magic we’re off the chain. Who can match that today?

And are you suggesting that someone today plays on a higher level than where MJ was in the 90s? People forget the Shaq and Kobe teams were physical. The Heat were physical after the Knicks. 90s style was really good and it went on into the early 2000s.

I don’t want to see the Bad Boys but I don’t want to see flag football either. The 90s were a good blend of the old school and what is today. Watching the Lakers Shaq and Kobe was also great b-ball.

And honestly I like the finals of the current NBA and the way the game is called. The refs let them play for the majority of the game. Regular season and some of the playoffs it’s a whistle fest. To me the refs are way too involved today overall and I don’t watch the game for the refs
There are people in recent years with every bit the basketball IQ of those guys: LeBron, Chris Paul, Kawhi, etc. Before that guys like Wade and JKidd. Everyone picks their favorite time in the past where things were better: movies, music, sports, whatever. It's no surprise a Bulls fan will always prefer the 90s. If the Bulls were winning rings today you'd probably be a bit more happy with the current game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people in recent years with every bit the basketball IQ of those guys: LeBron, Chris Paul, Kawhi, etc. Before that guys like Wade and JKidd. Everyone picks their favorite time in the past where things were better: movies, music, sports, whatever. It's no surprise a Bulls fan will always prefer the 90s. If the Bulls were winning rings today you'd probably be a bit more happy with the current game.

Bulls fans know a bit about the NBA too. Lol I love how any comment I have upsets you so much.

NBA players today are not coached like the players back then and many are one and done if that. Dean Smith Bobby Knight Jud Heathcoat all are legends man. It’s not even close.

John Stocktons b-ball IQ was off the chart. Bird and Magic too. You can’t tell me the guys are at a higher level than that today. It’s not possible. Those are top 5-10 players of all time or top 5 at their position.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I said I liked the early 2000s Lakers NBA too. Also sure that I said the main issue for me is the refs whistle happy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No exaggeration MJ got fouled at least 3 times before he got a shot off by today’s standards. Combine that with the old continuation calls and it would have been unreal to watch, even moreso.