• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Up & coming teams in 2013

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So last year everyone and their cousins had the Panthers as the up & coming team in the NFL (I didn't; I was only worried about the Ravens, Packers & the Giants). What are the teams (besides the Niners of course) you think will be tough next year?

I have to say that the only teams that really worry me at all are in the NFC. The Ravens aren't getting any better. Lewis will be gone, Ed Reed will probably be gone (and he's not the same any more anyway). Boldin's no spring chicken. Bryant McKinnie is their starting left tackle...

The Patriots have 18 million in cap space by one source I saw, so they might be able to get back to a SB with some free agent help (and because the AFC is extremely weak).

The Steelers should be good again, but those SB teams all started with Casey Hampton.

I still think the Giants are the most dangerous team in the NFL besides the 49ers. I think the Saints should be back in the playoff hunt now that Sean Payton is back. I would've said Dallas could be dangerous but not with the ginger in charge.

The Bengals & Vikings are teams who could do it with defense and running games like the Niners, but I have absolutely zero faith in their QBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I forgot about Seattle!

Biggest obstacles in 2013:

Seahawks & Giants.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago might do something if they can catch a break and stay healthy... along with Trestman somehow fixing that offensive line

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Chicago might do something if they can catch a break and stay healthy... along with Trestman somehow fixing that offensive line

Chicago made a big mistake firing Lovie Smith, so I'm not worried abuot them.

Also, their OL is so bad Vernon Gholston would get a couple of sacks against 'em.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they probably won't fix that O-Line and if that defense falls apart without Lovie they won't be very good... I was just thinking that if they do fix it and the defense still plays strong with all of that talent then they could easily make the playoffs.

Giants will probably be back strong next year too. Washington could be dangerous if they give up their draft again to get a guy like Bowe.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah, they probably won't fix that O-Line

It's a shame too because Jay Cutler is an excellent QB who's screwed from the get-go.

Anyone playing QB for the Bears or Cardinals this year are lucky to be alive.

Same with the Chargers. Jags too, but Gabbert would suck anyway.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last year everyone and their cousins had the Panthers as the up & coming team in the NFL (I didn't; I was only worried about the Ravens, Packers & the Giants). What are the teams (besides the Niners of course) you think will be tough next year?

I have to say that the only teams that really worry me at all are in the NFC. The Ravens aren't getting any better. Lewis will be gone, Ed Reed will probably be gone (and he's not the same any more anyway). Boldin's no spring chicken. Bryant McKinnie is their starting left tackle...

The Patriots have 18 million in cap space by one source I saw, so they might be able to get back to a SB with some free agent help (and because the AFC is extremely weak).

The Steelers should be good again, but those SB teams all started with Casey Hampton.

I still think the Giants are the most dangerous team in the NFL besides the 49ers. I think the Saints should be back in the playoff hunt now that Sean Payton is back. I would've said Dallas could be dangerous but not with the ginger in charge.

The Bengals & Vikings are teams who could do it with defense and running games like the Niners, but I have absolutely zero faith in their QBs.

Me either. I thought they would do about the same (which they did). I did say the Colts would make the playoffs, though. And i was in the minority on that one. However, i also said i thought the Chiefs had a good chance at making the playoffs (oops).

It's a tough call right now for 2013. We still have the draft and FA to settle through, but right now i like the direction the Browns are going in. With Horton as their DC and Norv Turner as their OC, they could make a push for the playoffs. It's a tough division, but their Defense is good enough to get them by if they can make a couple of upgrades to their O-line and find a somewhat productive QB who doesn't turn the ball over much (this might be a good fit for Alex with Norv at the helm).

I expect even better things from the Colts this year. They really need to add some talent on their O-line and Defense, but it's possible that they could win that division next year.

Teams i like in 2013

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I did say the Colts would make the playoffs, though. And i was in the minority on that one. However, i also said i thought the Chiefs had a good chance at making the playoffs (oops).

Wow! Good call on the Colts. I loved Luck (everyone did), but I did not see that coming.

The Chiefs are probably the most talented team to get te first overall pick in a long time IMO. They just had one of the worst coaches in the NFL. If they find a QB they could be pretty good in a couple of years.

I think the Colts are still a year away. They're still pretty weak on the OL, old at WR and not great on defense. Their 2012 draft was legendary IMO. I wanted Dwaaaaaaaaaye Allen, who I thought was the best TE in the draft, in the 2nd; but I was happy w/ James. I always wanted a Sproles / Jahvid Best kind of RB to compliment Gore. They need another strong draft.

And they need my boy Josh Chapman back & 100% from IR!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Good call on the Colts. I loved Luck (everyone did), but I did not see that coming.

The Chiefs are probably the most talented team to get te first overall pick in a long time IMO. They just had one of the worst coaches in the NFL. If they find a QB they could be pretty good in a couple of years.

I think the Colts are still a year away. They're still pretty weak on the OL, old at WR and not great on defense. Their 2012 draft was legendary IMO. I wanted Dwaaaaaaaaaye Allen, who I thought was the best TE in the draft, in the 2nd; but I was happy w/James. I always wanted a Sproles/Jahvid Best kind of RB to compliment Gore. They need another strong draft.

And they need my boy Josh Chapman back & 100% from IR!

Just like the Spurs tanked to get Duncan? ;) Sorry, SY8Goat, if that's a pet peeve for people to say that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rams top my list as biggest up and comers and they have 2 1st round picks this year to get better even quicker.

Washington I expect to be even better because a lot of what they did this season was with Orakpo and I think they'll use RGIII much smarter this time around.

I expect bounce back years from the Giants and to a lesser extent the Steelers. Steelers still need to get that roster on the defensive side younger.

Lions could be back depending on what they do in FA and the draft.

I'm actually expecting a bit of a down year for the Seahawks. New DC and it's hard to stay really good defensively year in and year out. My gut feeling tells me Wilson with have that sophomore slump as well. I still think they will be good just not going to be on the rise like people will expect this upcoming season.

Colts will come down to earth a bit. They played way over their heads and they'll come down this upcoming season. Though with a strong draft and FA they'll quickly be back into it.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts in a way did themselves a disservice by overachieving this season because they played this season riding emotion that far surpassed the talent level in that locker room IMO. I am excited for Luck and the Colts but I still think they have a ways to go until they are perennial playoff contenders.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to look at the Seahawks, a healthy RG3 led redskins, Atlanta(they'll be back) in the NFC.

Idk about Houston, their fall in the last month is worrisome. I think you have to look at the Colts, Bengals, Dolphins(sleeper?) as potential up n comers...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm expecting bradford to take steps. if he does the rams are gonna be tough cuss of fisher.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Colts in a way did themselves a disservice by overachieving this season because they played this season riding emotion that far surpassed the talent level in that locker room IMO. I am excited for Luck and the Colts but I still think they have a ways to go until they are perennial playoff contenders.

I agree. The colts could've used another high draft pick to augment their defense.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see how Trestman can fix their oline if Tice couldn't. They need to fix their talent evaluator. He is the guy that keeps drafting turds. You know what they say about turds.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team that worries me next season is the Seahawks. I'm really hoping the Pats pluck Amendola away.