• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Up & coming teams in 2013

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford is an upgrade?

He's been living off of his potential and rookie year for a while. He did do better this year and stayed healthy. His coaches aren't being switched - finally some proof that he isn't Alex Smith Part Two. (Some will say other proof too and that he's better than Alex, yada yada yada. But my similarity was coaching, injuries around him including himself, etc. Though from afar it seems he gets more rope in not getting criticized (though it hasn't been 8 years), but that's all to people's belief of potential, skills that haven't been taken advantage of, and his rookie year.)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been living off of his potential and rookie year for a while. He did do better this year and stayed healthy. His coaches aren't being switched - finally some proof that he isn't Alex Smith Part Two. (Some will say other proof too and that he's better than Alex, yada yada yada. But my similarity was coaching, injuries around him including himself, etc. Though from afar it seems he gets more rope in not getting criticized (though it hasn't been 8 years), but that's all to people's belief of potential, skills that haven't been taken advantage of, and his rookie year.)

He got too much rope for that rookie year. I think Sick pointed out his YPA was like 5.2 in his rookie year. That's awful in the NFL.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got too much rope for that rookie year. I think Sick pointed out his YPA was like 5.2 in his rookie year. That's awful in the NFL.

That was Alex Smith's fault. Alex set the rookie bar too low. I'm only half-joking (as Alex didn't set the bar at all). But I just remember the hype seemed bigger than the Luck hype, though I know it wasn't. Maybe it was just the overly confident claims "well, he's in now" and will be the next big thing. They presupposed growth and improvement, which I suppose is fair, but man, it seemed like they were laying it on thick... not that I think it's too late. It just seemed that they had crowned him and he'd never be questioned again. To put my perspective in perspective, I never thought that was the case with Cam Newton and he was praised a lot.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

low 6 ypa is a dink n dunk qb. at 5.2 you're just a dink, doesn't qualify for a dunk

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flush-It-Downs. Brandon Weeden is not any good IMO, and they could've done a lot better than Rob Chudzinski IMO.
I actually think that the Browns are a 10 win team if they pick up a guy like Vick or even Alex Smith in the offseason. The Bengals are average and the Steelers are probably entering a rebuilding period, imo. The Browns also had Pat Shurmur last season and he is a terrible coach. He is the guy that coached Bradford during his dink and layup rookie season that you guys are going on about.

Assuming none of the teams totally whiff on the offseason, the NFC West is going to be the toughest division in football next year due to the age of the Seahawks and Rams, the talent of the Niners and the fact that all of the teams will probably be bringing top 10 defenses.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seahawks, Rams, Tampa Bay, Falcons, just to name a few. Seahawks are my biggest fear by a wide margin. They are not afraid or intimidated by us and I hate them for that!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seahawks, Rams, Tampa Bay, Falcons, just to name a few. Seahawks are my biggest fear by a wide margin. They are not afraid or intimidated by us and I hate them for that!

The Seahawks and Falcons have already arrived so I wouldn't consider them up and coming anymore.

Though I want to see how the Seahawks do next season before I say they are a major threat constant threat or not. But it's still a team we'll likely split with most seasons since Qwest is such an advantage for them and that alone practically guarantees them at least 6 or 7 wins a season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think that the Browns are a 10 win team if they pick up a guy like Vick or even Alex Smith in the offseason. The Bengals are average and the Steelers are probably entering a rebuilding period, imo. The Browns also had Pat Shurmur last season and he is a terrible coach. He is the guy that coached Bradford during his dink and layup rookie season that you guys are going on about.

Assuming none of the teams totally whiff on the offseason, the NFC West is going to be the toughest division in football next year due to the age of the Seahawks and Rams, the talent of the Niners and the fact that all of the teams will probably be bringing top 10 defenses.

maybe, cause a quality QB can do wonders, and their D doesn't seem THAT bad?

can a play-off team ala Bengals, be called average? tend to agree the Steelers need rejuvenating, a semi-rebuild, if you will?