• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Up & coming teams in 2013

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, this is assuming that the Giants makes the playoffs right? The Niners NFC East opponent next season is Washington

I don't think so. Washington won the division because someone had to. It was the Giants' to lose, and they just sputtered.

I'm pretty sure they'll win it next year, and Eli in the playoffs is always scary.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think so. Washington won the division because someone had to. It was the Giants' to lose, and they just sputtered.

I'm pretty sure they'll win it next year, and Eli in the playoffs is always scary.

I think you misunderstood... Washington won the division this season therefore they are the NFC East opponent of the 49ers in the following regular season. They Niners do not play the entire NFC East in 2013. They scheduled opponents of the Niners in 2013 are as follows:

NFC South
AFC South
NFC West
Teams that finished 1st in the NFC East and North for the 2012 season ( Washington and Green Bay..

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My vote is easily the Seahawks. They are the biggest threat. The Giants, although still a pretty big threat to the 9ers, aren't as near as much IMO with Kaep as QB.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh and just additional comments---anytime you are paying Russel Wilson, Bobby Wegner, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, and Brandon Browner a combined approx. $2.8 million, you are going to be extremely dangerous.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh and just additional comments---anytime you are paying Russel Wilson, Bobby Wegner, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, and Brandon Browner a combined approx. $2.8 million, you are going to be extremely dangerous.

they lucked out with Wilson, cause it is rare to get good QB play out a 3rd round rookie. but similar to Kap, he'll likely get another contract, a much bigger one.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are way too old on defense. They need to get younger on the back end of their defense if they are going to have any chance to turn it around.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok i'll side with the Rams, just barely over the Seahawks. do consider the 'Hawks better than the Rams right now today, but the question was up and coming?

we split with the 'Hawks but not the Rams, so that gives us an idea of how good they can be?

as mentioned earlier, the Rams draft bounty will allow them to come up fast. MAYBE even too fast for the 9ers, cause they'd still need to hit on their picks?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Steelers are way too old on defense. They need to get younger on the back end of their defense if they are going to have any chance to turn it around.

Agreed. And as much credit as Lames Harrison deserevd for those Superbowls (not as much as the ref's did), the MVP of that defense was always Casey Hampton.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think you misunderstood... Washington won the division this season therefore they are the NFC East opponent of the 49ers in the following regular season.

Yes, I did misunderstand what you were saying.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last year everyone and their cousins had the Panthers as the up & coming team in the NFL (I didn't; I was only worried about the Ravens, Packers & the Giants). What are the teams (besides the Niners of course) you think will be tough next year?

I have to say that the only teams that really worry me at all are in the NFC. The Ravens aren't getting any better. Lewis will be gone, Ed Reed will probably be gone (and he's not the same any more anyway). Boldin's no spring chicken. Bryant McKinnie is their starting left tackle...

The Patriots have 18 million in cap space by one source I saw, so they might be able to get back to a SB with some free agent help (and because the AFC is extremely weak).

The Steelers should be good again, but those SB teams all started with Casey Hampton.

I still think the Giants are the most dangerous team in the NFL besides the 49ers. I think the Saints should be back in the playoff hunt now that Sean Payton is back. I would've said Dallas could be dangerous but not with the ginger in charge.

The Bengals & Vikings are teams who could do it with defense and running games like the Niners, but I have absolutely zero faith in their QBs.

Seahawks, and Texans. If we can't beat the Rams next year, that might well be the SB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Seahawks, and Texans. If we can't beat the Rams next year, that might well be the SB.

The Texans worried me a little before the season started, but Matt Schaub convinced me not to be orried about them.

To change things up a bit...

Teams who could be problems in 2015 & beyond:

The Colts. Clearly.

I think Miami could be tough if Jake Long can get healthy (appatrently he's an injury factory). Joe Philbin is a good coach IMO. Tannehill still needs more time to develop, but I think he could be a good one once he does.

If Atlanta gets better on defense, they could be a problem for a while. BUt I just don't think Matty Romo is ever gonna be a good postseason QB. We'll see...

Green Bay should be good for a while. They've done some good drafting lately.

I'd say the Lions too, but I don't have much confidence in the Swartz. Not a big enough personality. Anyone who gets upset about a handshake cannot win a Super Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Teams who are a dumpster fire and should be one for a while:

The Raiders. Obviously.

The Cardinals. They can't do anything right.

The flush-It-Downs. Brandon Weeden is not any good IMO, and they could've done a lot better than Rob Chudzinski IMO.

The Buccs. Hard division; Greg Schiano wasn't exactly tops on everyone's wish list last year. Freenman is lame (as predicted).

Jacksonville. No explanation needed.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams who are a dumpster fire and should be one for a while:

The Raiders. Obviously.

The Cardinals. They can't do anything right.

The flush-It-Downs. Brandon Weeden is not any good IMO, and they could've done a lot better than Rob Chudzinski IMO.

The Buccs. Hard division; Greg Schiano wasn't exactly tops on everyone's wish list last year. Freenman is lame (as predicted).

Jacksonville. No explanation needed.

Add the Chargers, Eagles, Titans, Jets, Bills and Lions to this list.

Poor Calvin Johnson.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Add the Chargers, Eagles, Titans, Jets, Bills and Lions to this list.

Poor Calvin Johnson.

I don't know. The Eagles have a good coach & high draft picks. I wouldn't count them out.

The Chargers have a great QB, so they just need to re-build around him.

I like Jake Locker. I don't know that he'll ever be a great QB, but I think he'll be a good one.

The Jets? Let's see if they're smart & keep Sanchez (and fire Ryan).

The Lions have crazy talent, but I don't beileve in the Schwartz.

The Bills have a ton of talent on the D-line & a great RB. They could build around that.

But yes, poor Calivin for having to live in Detroit. :)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. The Eagles have a good coach & high draft picks. I wouldn't count them out.

The Chargers have a great QB, so they just need to re-build around him.

I like Jake Locker. I don't know that he'll ever be a great QB, but I think he'll be a good one.

The Jets? Let's see if they're smart & keep Sanchez (and fire Ryan).

The Lions have crazy talent, but I don't beileve in the Schwartz.

The Bills have a ton of talent on the D-line & a great RB. They could build around that.

But yes, poor Calivin for having to live in Detroit. :)

The Eagles have a good college coach, who is as yet, totally unproven in the NFL.

The Chargers need more than an aging Phil Riv.

Jake Locker isn't even the best QB on their roster.

The Jets are terrible. Top to bottom.

The Bills are the Bills. They'll continue to be irrelevant.

Poor, poor Calvin Johnson. DON'T RE-UP WITH DETROIT!!!!! SIGN WITH A WINNER IN A CITY THAT ISN'T A SHITHOLE!!!!!!!