• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you REALLY just try to put logic and Cougar(when it comes to Sadford) In the same sentence??? You know better than that Shop... :suds::lol:

I just realized I had TJ and Hooker in the same sentence, lol...

T-J-Hooker-tj-hooker-23485766-640-480.jpg

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBT, in hindsight, and in hindsight only, we lost in the Sam Bradford trade.

All we needed from the guy, was solid QB play as a starter, but his health got in the way too many times for most everyone, myself included, to continue down that path.

Sam is good enough to be a starting QB in this league (when healthy). But since the trade, the Rams found themselves in need of a starting QB ever since. The Rams have since have invested a huge amount of draft capital in the QB position, yet they are still in the :hope: that they have made the correct moves to discover if they are on course or not.

Just two years later, and by seasons end last year, the Rams could be in a sunk cost fallacy at the QB spot, while Sam put up nearly 4K yards passing.

As many games as the Rams lost last year by a TD or less, I can only imagine what the Win/Loss record would have been with that type of production and what it would have done for a guy like Todd Gurley, especially considering the defense they had and the top tier talent they could have added last year and this, to the team by staying put in last years draft.

That said, with what we knew at the time, trading Sam was the right move. Now moving up to get Goff is a whole different story. I hope he works out, but there again is this guy...:hope: right?

Thanks for talking sense Vita. I feel the Rams did panic and made a critical mistake when the Eagles dangled a 2nd round pick for Sam. You never trade a talented QB!! Now we have wasted 2 years of that great defense and we see many pieces leaving going to other teams. The window of keeping a group together is fast now in the NFL with the rookies only guaranteed for 4 years.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for talking sense Vita. I feel the Rams did panic and made a critical mistake when the Eagles dangled a 2nd round pick for Sam. You never trade a talented QB!! Now we have wasted 2 years of that great defense and we see many pieces leaving going to other teams. The window of keeping a group together is fast now in the NFL with the rookies only guaranteed for 4 years.
I didn't disagree with trading SB at the time because of all his injury problems. Now if he were elite, I might have thought we could hang in there a bit more, but that's not the case.

Just as we are now, we were in a sunk cost fallacy with Sam then. We had so much cap capital in a guy who sat for nearly two years straight, and then we were going to :hope: that the injuries were all in the past.

Once again there is that guy :hope: affecting the most important spot on the roster.

Truth is, we haven't had a QB we could rely on without this guy :hope: since Bulger, and I was never a Bulger guy. I would have rather put :hope: in Kurt, and in the end Kurt proved to all he should have been the long term starter with the Rams, but as they say hindsight is 20/20 and if's were fifths we'd all be drunk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article suggests possible smoke and mirrors? :noidea:

Either way, not a bad play.

I think Florio's reaching for clicks. There's no way the Vikings can pick up the 5th year option on a QB that may not be ready to play by that season. That's all their decision indicates. Of course they would consider a QB in the draft, but it's doubtful to be some grand move up into the first round.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to admit... the Vikings had a hell of a draft.

Round 1. Sam Bradford QB :clap:
Round 2. Devin Cook RB
Round 3. Pat Elfein C,G
Round 4. Jaleel Johnson DT
Round 4. Ben Gedeon LB
Round 5. Rodney Adams WR
Round 5. Danny Isidora G
Round 6. Bucky Hodges TE
Round 7. Stacy Coley WR
Round 7. Ifeajah Odenigbo DL
Round 7. Elijah Lee LB
Round 7. Jack Tocho CB

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Round 1. Sam Bradford QB :clap:
Round 2. Devin Cook RB
Round 3. Pat Elfein C,G
Round 4. Ben Gedeon LB
Round 5. Rodney Adams WR
Round 5. Danny Isidora G
Round 6. Bucky Hodges TE
Round 7. Stacy Coley WR
Round 7. Elijah Lee LB
Round 7. Jack Tocho CB

where you been Coog?.... Viking Board??

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Round 1. Sam Bradford QB :puke:
Round 2. Devin Cook RB
Round 3. Pat Elfein C,G
Round 4. Ben Gedeon LB
Round 5. Rodney Adams WR
Round 5. Danny Isidora G
Round 6. Bucky Hodges TE
Round 7. Stacy Coley WR
Round 7. Elijah Lee LB
Round 7. Jack Tocho CB