• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
triple OT win, disappointing season. with a shitty cherry on top

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Beard? I think he is a good coach, but I dont know what to think about the hire right now. You fire Dave Rice, mid season, which should have given UNLV an advantage to hire the guy they wanted, but this doesnt seem like who they really wanted. Mick Cronin was just using them for leverage against Cinn. There were wild rumors about Pitino coming in, which i knew was bullshit.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beard is a bit of a risky hire, there's a chance he might be a one hit wonder, but what he did in one year at Arkansas Little Rock was impressive

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep something backfired and they didn't get the hire they were targeting, I don't see Beard being here long, it's a goddamn same, you have boosters whining and wanting Rice out right there and then, but don't have a sure lock on the next guy, :L make my words they just set the program back another 4 years!

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beard isn't worth almost a million a year!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep something backfired and they didn't get the hire they were targeting, I don't see Beard being here long, it's a goddamn same, you have boosters whining and wanting Rice out right there and then, but don't have a sure lock on the next guy, :L make my words they just set the program back another 4 years!
Not sure why you would say that. Rice already did that. He could recruit, but couldn't coach worth a shit. I was one of the most patient people around when it came to Rice, but he shit the bed repeatedly when it came to conference play, and was going to miss the tourney again this year, with his best team talent wise.
I think Beard is a good hire, and would probably grade it at around a B. It's too early to say what will happen, but he has been successful at multiple places, guys that have coached with him have had nothing bad to say, and the players like him and have bought what he's selling right away at other places.
I am cautiously optimistic, but like the hire overall.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this yesterday and have been listening about it on the radio all day today. I can't even blame him if he leaves. Unlv's board of regents screwed to pooch. They have been fucking around and around on finalizing a deal. They have four of the regents vote against his contract, in front of him, and the athletic department, as a whole, has been a shit storm.
They fired Rice, mid-season, and have done nothing right to get the right coach since. Nobody should want to come here with the way these idiots run things. I am completely disappointed in the process and the athletic department.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beard is a bitch! He was taped saying how special it was to land at a "special destination school." Money talks.

It will be interesting to see who UNLV gets to coach next season. I'm guessing all good players will transfer from there now since all the ass. coaches resigned last week.

Good luck Rebels.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that they're going in the wrong direction right now.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have two scholarship players on the roster right now. Insane.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that Karl has the upper hand with Menzies waiting in the wing...Karl has the best shot. Menzies sucks. Sure NMSU wins games against shit team year after year and they get knocked out of the big dance every year.

Which do you want ??

Also, i see all current recruits that signed getting the fuck outta there while they can.

Remember, this all started with fans complaining about Rice sucking and needing to be fired. That equals this implosion for UNLV basketball. Lesson learned? Be careful what ya wish for cause you never truly know what the out come will result in.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OUCH! You got the shitty coach! I give him 2 years of losing before he gets axed like Rice did.

Ya guys miss Rice yet?