• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undrafted Free Agents

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton the FB from Rutgers is essentially an H-Back that will line up as a second blocking TE if he has a role on the team. So in a sense the Lions did get a sorta TE out of the draft. Just trying to spread a little joy:D
I agree that he'll function as our 2nd in-line TE/slot player on running sets, but I don't see a ton of H-back work in his future at 5'11" and 250 lbs. Seems like more of an in-line people-mover and lead blocker, imo. His limited height will influence his ability to occasionally split out and run routes from the slot, as an H-back role typically calls for.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on the kid, it sounds like he actually has some pretty good hands for the position, I just think his role will be that of a traditional "thumper" FB who clears lanes and catches the occasional pass in the flats...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were a crappy one and done team. Nothing to be happy about. Now it is a sales pitch? Impress you? He drafted OL before RB. He moved back in first round, he did not draft a TE or a WR all things you said you wanted to happen. So he did what you wanted and still his philosophies suck.
Never sold a thing in your life have you? Try to keep up on the thread. Could have sworn all I've talked about has been Collins. This is the UDFA thread isn't it? When did we start talking about what Millenhew did in the draft or how I feel about it?

I told you I'm not going round and round with you. Nothing to be gained for me there Master Blaster other than aggravation. Feel free to use that ignore button.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never sold a thing in your life have you? Try to keep up on the thread. Could have sworn all I've talked about has been Collins. This is the UDFA thread isn't it? When did we start talking about what Millenhew did in the draft or how I feel about it?

I told you I'm not going round and round with you. Nothing to be gained for me there Master Blaster other than aggravation. Feel free to use that ignore button.

No not really. However, if my salesman previously told me his product was a piece of shit. Then turned around and he tried to sell it to me. I would know it was just a polished piece of shit I was buying.

I am a wise consumer though. Even as dumb as I am.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really. However, if my salesman previously told me his product was a piece of shit. Then turned around and he tried to sell it to me. I would know it was just a polished piece of shit I was buying.

I am a wise consumer though. Even as dumb as I am.
Swarm was the one who felt the Lions didn't offer anything of value to FA's. I don't ever recall saying anything to that affect.

Until the playoffs in the 2015 season are set we are a playoff team, even though I don't think we are playoff caliber at this point. Lots of players and coaches though that could surprise and change my opinion on that. Signing Collins would certainly make us better.

That's been the theme of every post I made. Never talked about the draft picks we made of the UDFA's we've signed thus far. Still saying the same thing, Impress me Mayhew and find a way to sign Collins. I don't care what he is saying to the media right now, he is going to sign somewhere. Mayhew's challenge is to figure out a way to make it with Detroit. Plain and simple. Accomplish that and I will be impressed on a job very well done.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's all the guys we liked, and which team they're with.

RB- Zach Zenner - Lions!
CB- Nick Marshall - Jaguars
Safety- Anthony Harris - Vikings :(
WR- Titus Davis - Chargers
CB- Kevin White - Falcons
WR- Tre McBride - Titans
WR/RB- Antwan Goodley - Cowboys
DE- Ruyan Deliare - Bucs

Malcolm Brown RB Texas - Rams
John Crockett RB NDSU - Packers :(
BJ Finney OC Kansas State - Steelers (assholes)
Reese Dismukes OC Auburn - Steelers
Derrick Lott DT Tennessee Chattanooga - Titans
Xavier Williams DT Northern Iowa - AVAILABLE as far as I can tell
Ellis McCarthy DT UCLA - Dolphins
Cody prewitt FsS Mississippi - Titans
Chris Hacket FS TCU - AVAILABLE

CB- Troy Hill - Bengals
QB - Brandon Bridge - Cowboys
OT- La'El Collins - AVAILABLE!!!!
RB- Terrell Watson - Bengals

Taiwan Jones ILB 6'2⅝" 245 Michigan State - Jets
Justin Coleman CB 5'10⅝" 185 Tennessee - AVAILABLE! (go get this guy!)
Kurtis Drummond S 6'0⅝" 208 Michigan State - Texans
Lynden Trail DE 6'6⅝" 269 Norfolk State - Texans
Deandrew White WR 5'11½" 193 Alabama - 49ers
Bobby Richardson DE 6'2⅝" 283 Indiana - Saints
Isaiah Johnson S 6'1" 202 Georgia Tech - Lions!

I'll be interested to see how many of these guy make a roster this summer...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the two C guys the Steelers got will either get cut or sit on the PS for the picking. Now if I remember correctly Finney seemed more the guy to play G/C type. That is two guys I will keep a eye on. These were a few of the centers I eyed when me and Old Lion talked about whether Swanson could play G or not. I was hoping to see Stomp put his name up last night.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the whole intelligence and character thing extends to the UDFAs we're bringing int, too.

Zach Zenner also has plans on becoming a surgeon after his NFL career is over and has already been accepted into med school.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a small tidbit on Collins. His agent may not be the brightest. Had he been drafted in any round and then done as they said and not sign with said team. He then could have went back in the 2016 draft, as that team only holds his rights for a year. By being a UDFA this is his only draft now.
So it makes you wonder was that there intentions at all? You would figure an agent would know that loop hole.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Ford Motor Co. could benefit from a two year endorsement contract for say $1m per year with La'el Collins if he played in Detroit :noidea:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Ford Motor Co. could benefit from a two year endorsement contract for say $1m per year with La'el Collins if he played in Detroit :noidea:
Pretty sure the Quicken Loans dude is a Detroit native and big Lions fan and advertising partner. Seems like they might be interested in having a guy like Collins endorse their product as well... :whistle:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is making a hard push for him. Some players have talked with him also.

I can only imagine the 4th of July festivities here if that happens. There will be more to discuss in <=> debate.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we been linked in as one of the teams who have been talking with him? Does anyone know?

I am sure that we probably aren't considered a front runner if we do make a run at him so this is Millenhew's chance to impress. What a huge upgrade he would be and so perfect a fit on the right side for the type of offense we apparently want to run

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 32 teams have been linked to Collins so far.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the Quicken Loans dude is a Detroit native and big Lions fan and advertising partner. Seems like they might be interested in having a guy like Collins endorse their product as well... :whistle:

Yep. 20 year old kid fresh out of college whose never owned a home, and who might have killed two people. PERFECT spokesperson for a mortgage company.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 20 year old kid fresh out of college whose never owned a home, and who might have killed two people. PERFECT spokesperson for a mortgage company.

Didn't Suh have a car accident and then sign an endorsement deal with Buick? (one of the car companies anyway). And I seriously doubt he ever eats at Subway.

And Quicken has legal troubles of their own right now so he is actually perfect for them :lol:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect Goodell would have something to say about that vis-à-vis cap circumvention. There's probably a reason Suh was in a Chrysler commercial and not a Ford commercial.

Now, having your buddy sign the guy to an endorsement contract as a favor to you that you'll repay at some point is just the American way and is a great idea...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he is a native of Detroit and only killed 2 people? Good for him for showing such restraint and patience. No wonder he has become so successfiul.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Quicken has legal troubles of their own right now so he is actually perfect for them.

Quicken will be just fine. I could explain it all but it'd be wasted on this board.

Forget Collins. He's not coming to Detroit.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he fits the Lions mold these days and the direction the team is going with personnel. We are a brain surgeons only need apply organization these days.

Still would be nice to have him though.