• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undrafted Free Agents List

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Bills
GM Buddy Nix says the Bills had a first- to second-round grade on undrafted WR Da'Rick Rogers.
Many teams likely would have if not for Rogers' sordid off-the-field history. "The guy’s got tremendous talent," Nix said. "He’s made some bad decisions. It’s gotten him in trouble. ... But this guy’s talented. He can play. The ball’s in his court." Rogers is in great position to secure a roster spot, but can't afford even a minor off-the-field slip up. If he can convince the Bills he's matured, he could easily win the No. 2 or 3 receiver job.
Source: buffalobills.com Apr 30 - 6:28 PM

Buddy Nix is lying. If they had a fist- to second-round grade on Rogers, there is no way they don't draft him in the 3rd or 4th.

I don't doubt they had his on-field ability graded that high, but as a total grade there is no fucking way.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seems like par for the course when it comes to our prospects.. Especially this year.. Btw, I think it is a prerequisite that our potential franchise rbs have multiple knee surgeries.. Gore.. Now Lattimore..

So whats up with Greg Reid? He sign with anyone yet?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So whats up with Greg Reid? He sign with anyone yet?

Someone mentioned in another thread that he'ss having another ACL surgery & won't be ready to play 'til at least October. He might be able to catch onto a practice squad later in the season, but I doubt he makes it onto a roster in 2013.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Someone mentioned in another thread that he'ss having another ACL surgery & won't be ready to play 'til at least October. He might be able to catch onto a practice squad later in the season, but I doubt he makes it onto a roster in 2013.

I'd be tempted to sign him, PUP him and see what he has next year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well Okoye has an awful lot to learn:

“Hopefully they do something similar to what Joe Marino and Jerry Rice did in the 80s and win a few Super Bowls in the next decade,” Okoye said.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

“Hopefully they do something similar to what Joe Marino and Jerry Rice did in the 80s and win a few Super Bowls in the next decade,” Okoye said.

:L

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers ? Niner Insider Blog ? SFGate.com » Lawrence Okoye: ?I?m not going to put any limits on myself?
Lawrence Okoye plans to become a dominant defensive lineman with the 49ers, but realizes he must crawl before he can crash into opposing backfields.

I hope he keeps up his positive attitude and gets it done. He seems to have the physical tools but there have been a lot of guys who looked good at the combine and then failed in the NFL.

In four years, I wouldn't be surprise if he and Tank are our starting DEs. Lofty goals but it can happen. It's a long term project that may pay dividends.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its nice to hear he is motivated, and working toward his goals. I can think of several players over the years that have had far more knowledge of the game and natural ability, but have had absolutely no drive to make a name for themselves in the NFL. I'm rooting for Okoye, not only because he is a 49er but because he is determined...

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Cant fault him for trying...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In four years, I wouldn't be surprise if he and Tank are our starting DEs. Lofty goals but it can happen. It's a long term project that may pay dividends.

how do you hold on to Okoye four years? what are the logistics in developing ANYONE over four years?

i guess you can keep bringing him back for off-season stuff, but not PS.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
how do you hold on to Okoye four years? what are the logistics in developing ANYONE over four years?

i guess you can keep bringing him back for off-season stuff, but not PS.

We kept RJF around for four years, developing him. Ray McDonald was around four years before stepping into his current role as a full-time starter. On the other side of the ball, Boone spent a year on the PS, two years as a backup, and then moved into the starting lineup last year. Keep Okoye on the PS for a year or two, then as a backup for a year or two, and then maybe he's ready to start. It would be a fast learning curve, but it's perfectly feasible to keep a backup DL that long. There's nothing unusual at all about the timeline he's proposing.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would not be surprised if Marquard and Okoye eventually make the 53 man roster. Might not be this year but I think they both will.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We kept RJF around for four years, developing him. Ray McDonald was around four years before stepping into his current role as a full-time starter. On the other side of the ball, Boone spent a year on the PS, two years as a backup, and then moved into the starting lineup last year. Keep Okoye on the PS for a year or two, then as a backup for a year or two, and then maybe he's ready to start. It would be a fast learning curve, but it's perfectly feasible to keep a backup DL that long. There's nothing unusual at all about the timeline he's proposing.

what is the difference between Okoye's background, compared to McDonald and RJF? which ones played in college and which ones were drafted?

yeah, you could give him a roster spot for four years, taking away a back up player, or removing a ST's player, or going with two QB's, etc..

or, you could go the Boone way.......keep a spot for him on the PS, hoping no one claims him. then a spot for him on the roster, taking away a spot for a capable back-up? what are the odds Okoye excels like Boone did? cause even Boone beat the LONG odds of an UDFA.

btw - i'm not against signing Okoye for a tryout, but just being realistic with his chances. being strong and athletic is a huge plus, but expecting him to start off in the NFL, and then make the roster is really long odds. reserving a spot for him.....for FOUR years.....doesn't seem prudent?

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what is the difference between Okoye's background, compared to McDonald and RJF? which ones played in college and which ones were drafted?

yeah, you could give him a roster spot for four years, taking away a back up player, or removing a ST's player, or going with two QB's, etc..

or, you could go the Boone way.......keep a spot for him on the PS, hoping no one claims him. then a spot for him on the roster, taking away a spot for a capable back-up? what are the odds Okoye excels like Boone did? cause even Boone beat the LONG odds of an UDFA.

btw - i'm not against signing Okoye for a tryout, but just being realistic with his chances. being strong and athletic is a huge plus, but expecting him to start off in the NFL, and then make the roster is really long odds. reserving a spot for him.....for FOUR years.....doesn't seem prudent?

Could he not play a role on ST when he's on the active roster? He could line up on kick and punt coverage units, run down the field and tackle someone?

Also, there's a difference between being on the active roster and being on the 53 man roster. If he shows promise, he can be on the 53 man and never dress for a game (see AJ Jenkins and LMJ before injuries depleted WR and RB this last season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Obviously we wouldn't put him on the 53 unless and until he shows he's capable of being a backup. If he doesn't, he's gone. But he's got two years of PS eligibility to find out.

You asked what the logistics were for developing anyone for four years. The Niners have done that sort of thing repeatedly, as have most teams. Speaking of, you can add Brock to my list above. It's long odds for any UDFA to play a part on the team. That doesn't mean you don't give it a shot. Sometimes it pays dividends.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Didn't realize the Bears signed Mark Harrison. They sure like their big WRs.