• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undrafted Free Agents List

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers reach agreements with undrafted rookies | CSN Bay Area

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not a huge deal now but..........who'll return punts? KW first comes to mind, but after adding Patton, does he even make the team? Cox? thinking they might add an UDFA for this role?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Okoye seriously needs a ton of work. He moves really awkwardly in the workouts I've seen. Dude seems like a great guy & hard worker & very confident & smart, but I don't see any way he'll play as a rookie. I don't know why he didn't just go to some college like Margus Hunt did.

Last edited by a moderator:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quick edit, lol.

lol, the last time I had checked he wasn't signed. Then I realized right after I posted...

BTW, you saw nothing...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers:

DT Lawrence Okoye
OT Luke Marquardt

I think both of these guys have a shot of making the 53 man roster.
Marquardt is the next Boone. Okoye could replace Dobbs or Tukuafu.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are both raw, Okoye being MUCH MUCH more raw but I really wanted both of them in the later rounds due to their potential.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
304lbs and has a 10'07 Broad Jump SICK!!!

Okoye seriously needs a ton of work. He moves really awkwardly in the workouts I've seen. Dude seems like a great guy & hard worker & very confident & smart, but I don't see any way he'll play as a rookie. I don't know why he didn't just go to some college like Margus Hunt did.

Okaye
Height: 6052
Weight: 304
40 Yrd Dash: 4.84
20 Yrd Dash: 2.75
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.65
3-Cone Drill: 7.42

Watt
Height: 6053
Weight: 290
40 Yrd Dash: 4.81
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 34
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.88

One of the rare times ogling over combine numbers is appropriate.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A lot of those numbers are comparable to Watt's, but the agility numbers confirm what I saw when he was working out; the guy really needs to work on his quick-twitch movements. He doesn't move like a football player; his movements are awkward and deliberate. I don't know if that's because he's new to the game or if he's just not as quick as he is fast?

Not saying his agility numbers are bad by any means; they just don't match up to his speed numbers. maybe that will improve once he builds some more muscle memory doing football drills.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit! Just make that kid a Full Back. He would be a beast!

I hope the kid continues to learn the game and keeps a open mind.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

53 man roster? this season?

the NFL is not the place to learn football, even starting off in college would be long odds. it isn't just the physical part, i'd think the mental part is even harder?

being strong and athletic is a huge advantge no doubt, but lack of technique and not 'knowing where to go', will negate that.

even Bykowski faces long odds, so Marquardt even longer. Marquardt would do well just to make the PS.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is an extra 53 man roster spot on the O-line and Marquardt has as good a chance to get it as anyone IMHO.

Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, then Kilgore, Looney, and ____ (#8) plus maybe ______ (#9).

Unless we go out in May/June and get another old vet (like we did last year).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of those numbers are comparable to Watt's, but the agility numbers confirm what I saw when he was working out; the guy really needs to work on his quick-twitch movements. He doesn't move like a football player; his movements are awkward and deliberate. I don't know if that's because he's new to the game or if he's just not as quick as he is fast?

Not saying his agility numbers are bad by any means; they just don't match up to his speed numbers. maybe that will improve once he builds some more muscle memory doing football drills.

I don't see Okoye making the active roster this year, but comparing him athletically to possibly the best defensive player in the league, himself a physical freak, is tough. Okoye's agility numbers are similar to Floyd's this year, for instance, and aren't that far off from Datone Jones'. And there's reason to think his numbers might very well improve, as you note.

I think Okoye is a really interesting guy. It's a longshot he even makes the PS this year, but give Tomsula a few months to work on him, or even a year or two, and who knows? We could have a defensive Antonio Gates.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okoye had never put on pads and a helmet until a few weeks ago. The team doesn't start padded practices until mid to late July. Okoye will not make the 53 man for week 1.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
no chance.. He will be safe on our PS for AT LEAST a year if not two.. Doesn't someone who has been poached from another teams PS have to be brought to the active roster? I would be HIGHLY surprised to see Okoye get pulled to another teams active 53 ANY time in the next two years.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

But for a 304 pound man, those agility numbers are decent. Top prospects within his 'weight-class' such as Bennie Logan, Kawann Short, and Sharrif Floyd are either tied or beat by Okoye when it comes to the 20-yard shuttle and for the 3-cone drill only Floyd tops him by .02 on the timer.

Undoubtedly Okoye has tremendous leg drive and his background in rugby tells me he understands how to use leverage. Okoye WILL make the 53 man roster. He's a superhuman playing a nonskill position, so the learning curb won't be too steep. Even though he doesn't have any moves yet, there's no way Tomsula lets this guy have a chance to be picked up by another team by being PS fodder.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone know if Greg Reid signed? I know a cpl were looking at him to possibly be in the returner role/potential CB if I remember correctly...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is getting a second surgery on his "loose" ACL. Could be ready by October.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Bills
GM Buddy Nix says the Bills had a first- to second-round grade on undrafted WR Da'Rick Rogers.
Many teams likely would have if not for Rogers' sordid off-the-field history. "The guy’s got tremendous talent," Nix said. "He’s made some bad decisions. It’s gotten him in trouble. ... But this guy’s talented. He can play. The ball’s in his court." Rogers is in great position to secure a roster spot, but can't afford even a minor off-the-field slip up. If he can convince the Bills he's matured, he could easily win the No. 2 or 3 receiver job.
Source: buffalobills.com Apr 30 - 6:28 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Reid is getting a second surgery on his "loose" ACL. Could be ready by October.

Oh wait; for a second I forgot you were talking about GREG Reid. Whew!