• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

um KOVY RETIRED

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well time to move on guys. Overall this sucks. Also u are right our PP is going to be so bad. Also shootouts forget about it.

HornsofHell

Die Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Im at work all day, and come home get changed and head out to softball. I come back and I find out Kovy retires. I havent been this pissed since that faggot Gomez signed with the Rangers. That commie fucking bastard!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
^lol
This has to top the worst moment in history of the Devils as far as non game related bad news.
With Parise, we knew it was possible he sign elsewhere.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Havent read the whole thread yet but all I can say is:

THANKS FOR FUCKIN NOTHING KOVY

You cost us a draft pick, cap space to resign other players, you played at 25% in the playoffs, missed the most important stretch of a short season, and then decide to retire AFTER the draft and most FA signings with $100 million and 12 years left on your contract.

FUCK YOU 17

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well if tedenby doesnt take advantage of this chance he never will. this is the kids last shot

the only positive i can say about the 3 years here. he did help erase the ghosts of 94.

HornsofHell

Die Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a brighter note....Im really looking forward to Bryce Salvador as our second year captain :L

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well how about that
Kovi is off the point on the power play

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovy claims the Devils knew about this however, it has to be bullsh*t... I find it so disrespectful he retires NOW, after FA, after the draft, fuck after Parise was lost!

Not a hint, a mulling over(open to the public), complete blindside... fucking dirtbag.

This season is going to suck ass.... again, anyone, is there a cant miss prospect next yr?

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Havent read the whole thread yet but all I can say is:

THANKS FOR FUCKIN NOTHING KOVY

You cost us a draft pick, cap space to resign other players, you played at 25% in the playoffs, missed the most important stretch of a short season, and then decide to retire AFTER the draft and most FA signings with $100 million and 12 years left on your contract.

FUCK YOU 17

when you put it that way, I feel a little better

but not really

TG put a few good comments up on twitter which I think sums up Kovys stay here

"Nothing was simple about Kovalchuk's time with Devils -- from Devils being surprise team to get him, the 2010 contract saga, everything."

and

"Kovalchuk was as talented a player as has ever played for the Devils. But what a strange ride."

Couldn't agree more

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep coming back to this one scene from one of the major league movies when the grounds crew guys are talking after they start to suck again and the guy says
Oh no we suck again!

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Yeah, maybe it's for the best. He never could stay healthy and productive for the important parts of the season. Glad I didn't drop any coin on his jersey.

IIRC, I went to his first game as a Devil, against the Hurricanes right after the trade. The excitement of watching our new franchise player was amazing. I sure wouldnt have predicted he'd be ditching a big contract just to go live in the snow. Maybe he doesn't trust the USD anymore? If you follow economic news, there's definitely a concerted effort to move the rest of the world away from the US Dollar....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not just the US dollar but the amount of fuckin taxes we and he pays. Slowly lots of people who work, are successful and pay taxes are moving out of this state.
Don't want this turned to politics, but I read somewhere that Brodeur said Kovy was pissed about the taxed amount he was paying contract wise, plus overall in this state.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what pisses me off the most (and I don't even live in Jersey to go to the games) is all the fans that bought season tickets thinking that we had a legit contender for the Cup as we seem to do every year... but I don't think anyone can honestly say that we will be a team that has a shot this year... this will be too devastating, even in the locker room.... Plus I don't think our coaching staff has it in them to pull them out of this... hell, we couldn't even win a game when he missed just 10 last season....

Way to ruin a franchise this year Mr Franchise player....

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest winner in all of this: Los Angeles Kings.

We beat them out to keep Kovy in the Summer of 2010. They beat us in the 2012 SCF and are in much better shape than us at the moment.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, maybe it's for the best. He never could stay healthy and productive for the important parts of the season. Glad I didn't drop any coin on his jersey.

IIRC, I went to his first game as a Devil, against the Hurricanes right after the trade. The excitement of watching our new franchise player was amazing. I sure wouldnt have predicted he'd be ditching a big contract just to go live in the snow. Maybe he doesn't trust the USD anymore? If you follow economic news, there's definitely a concerted effort to move the rest of the world away from the US Dollar....

his first game was at home against the leafs. devils won it late in the 3rd scoring 3 goals in the final 3 mins i believe it was.

i was there :( much like against the canes in game 7 :(

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not just the US dollar but the amount of fuckin taxes we and he pays. Slowly lots of people who work, are successful and pay taxes are moving out of this state.
Don't want this turned to politics, but I read somewhere that Brodeur said Kovy was pissed about the taxed amount he was paying contract wise, plus overall in this state.

i completely agree with you about taxes in this state. i heard something like 40% of his check went to taxes?
how much do you think his property taxes on that house in alpine is going to be? then again it was his choice to build it and live there i'm sure he could've lived somewhere else.

also read that marty thinks its about the escrow. if thats the case really kovy? really? i dont see anyone else getting upset and leaving over 7% drop in hockey revenue. really thought you would keep it at 57% for the players?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess what pisses me off the most (and I don't even live in Jersey to go to the games) is all the fans that bought season tickets thinking that we had a legit contender for the Cup as we seem to do every year... but I don't think anyone can honestly say that we will be a team that has a shot this year... this will be too devastating, even in the locker room.... Plus I don't think our coaching staff has it in them to pull them out of this... hell, we couldn't even win a game when he missed just 10 last season....

Way to ruin a franchise this year Mr Franchise player....

90% renewal for season tickets coming off an impressive growth last year following the cup run. lets not kid ourselves kovy had a lot to do with the STH here. you think if this news broke 8 weeks ago that number would be at 90%? of course not and the devils knew he was doing this. he didnt wake up on july 10th and say guys im retiring