• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UM Football Recruits 2014 and beyond

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Ways would be hitting all the camps this summer trying to recruit and increase his rank, although he called it just getting better.

I think with UofM having really good early showing the guys they get the strong verbals don't hit as many camps as others and they see their ranking slip.

I don't have a lot of faith Scott will be blue. I think Ways and Drake Harris are more a detriment to his going blue than Peppers.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised Scott hasn't already committed. Mason Cole and George Campbell are sure he is blue but for some reason he hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

I for one am not sold on Westphal at corner. I don't think he has the speed or the hip movement to be a corner. I think he would be much better suited for safety.

I have a bad feeling about JuJu Smith. He is visiting Michigan the week they play Notre Dame and he is also scheduled to visit Notre Dame. I might be paranoid but I feel like he really just wants to check out Notre Dame.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised Scott hasn't already committed. Mason Cole and George Campbell are sure he is blue but for some reason he hasn't pulled the trigger yet.
Campbell is the big catch, Scott would be a huge bonus but I still get the feeling he will stay in state.

I for one am not sold on Westphal at corner. I don't think he has the speed or the hip movement to be a corner. I think he would be much better suited for safety.
Really? I thought he was being looked at as a pure corner with Dymonte being the likely one to move to Safety.

I have a bad feeling about JuJu Smith. He is visiting Michigan the week they play Notre Dame and he is also scheduled to visit Notre Dame. I might be paranoid but I feel like he really just wants to check out Notre Dame.
Yeah, he is all ND. Is his ND visit before or after his trip to AA.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a lot of faith Scott will be blue. I think Ways and Drake Harris are more a detriment to his going blue than Peppers.
Ways is a project and I don't think he affects Scott's decision. Williams is likely to decide soon and that would affect him more.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott is a different type of receiver than majority of Hoke's recruits... he is more of a RR type receiver... closer to Odoms, Gallon, Denard... lol

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu is suppose to visit Notre Dame after he visits A2.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance RB Damien Harris commits on his visit to Michigan this month. The kid seems destined for AA.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice but even if he doesn't commit after his first visit we have plenty of time to get him to commit.

Since Chase is now a member of team 135 are we no longer targeting Dwight Williams(Adoree Jackson's teammate)?

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if staff will take another LB it will probably be Darrion Owens, from what I hear the staff want another SLB even with Winovich in the fold.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, this staff isn't leaving me much to whine about.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are out of the running for Andrew Brown. I think the only high profile recruit we are still in the running for in Virginia would be Hand.

Rivals is holding a camp this weekend. Any chance we get some kids to at least commit to an official visit?

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see the crazy list of commitment predictions that Sam Webb put out? it was something like, Scott, Hand, McDowell, Jackson and JJ... if we get 2 of those guys I would be ecstatic...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone see the crazy list of commitment predictions that Sam Webb put out? it was something like, Scott, Hand, McDowell, Jackson and JJ... if we get 2 of those guys I would be ecstatic...

While they are at it, why not throw in Fournette as well?

I think of those five the two most likely are McD and Scott.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the news on Rivals is that Fournette wants to visit Michigan... whatever that's worth... I am starting to think that Westphal will not end up in this class.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to Sam Webb's podcast a few days ago in regards to his final five and it was clear that Jackson is a long shot. Westphal has made it very clear that he will take all his official visits therefore he will not be committing anytime soon. Jackson will be at the BBQ and if Jackson were to commit to Michigan before Westphal. But he said Westphal is high on Michigan.

Fournette is very hard to read. The experts expect him to pick the SEC because he is from Louisiana but Fournette seems legitimately interested in the Wolverines. It would be great to get Peppers,Jackson and Fournette at the BBQ together.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. I really want to see that kid in Scarlet & Gray.

Sox, with the way the two schools are recruiting, I would think the B1G East Champions will go to the NC at least 3 of the first 10 years.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette got interested in Michigan after Peppers committed and went after him... My understanding it is a Bama/LSU battle for his services, but as everyone is saying, get the dude on campus and you have a shot. Seems like Peppers is aiming sky high as he is also going after Hand and Jackson...

Westphal has been saying great things about Michigan for a long time now and visited many times, but the fact that didn't commit yet even though the spots in the class are running out makes me wonder if he ever will...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox, with the way the two schools are recruiting, I would think the B1G East Champions will go to the NC at least 3 of the first 10 years.

Won't disagree with you there. Honest question, though - do you think Hoke will be the coach to lead you there?