• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK is going to be a Beast

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss you cali. :grouphug:

I pine for you, jonvi...
Pine, I say.

Tomorrow's game should be interesting. I'm a little nervous, I'll admit. Texas has the size to neutralize the size-advantage the Cats have over most teams. If you can find it in your heart to root for the Cats, please do!!!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kind of let this thread settle down. Lettin' everone get der feets wet.

First off. cali...There ain't words enough to describe how I feel bout you. mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm, mmm, mmmmmmmm. Chills be runnin.

On topic. I started this thread way back. Didn't see a need to really talk it up till everyone got a peak. But said from the beginning UK is a beast.

Now UK has the game I circled back in the day coming up. A trip to the Yum center. People...I can't properly put in words what's bout to happen. This rival is something. This game is kind of like calicat....it's just plain hard to put words to it.

But even with all the hype, there's no use in predicting a win after the game. Gonna come right out and say it. UofL has a great CBB team. But what's at UK ain't right. For good reason, this game will be worth every penny to see it. It will be chippy. But I can't see UofL hanging with the cats.

Can't wait to see how runeman's preseason prediction turns out. UofL may be the only chance of stopping this UK team until deep into the dance.:suds:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Jonvi...Louisville probably doesn't have the stuff to hang with the Cats. That said, going into the Yum against a Pitino coached team will be a good test. I can see the Cards hanging and possibly leading at half time; however there is soooo much depth and the 4th quarter will belong to Kentucky.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it all year...If Kentucky gets by Louisville this Saturday, they'll go to the Final Four unbeaten IMO. They aren't losing at home, that's a given. Their road games in the SEC are @Texas A&M, @Alabama, @South Carolina, @Missouri, @Florida, @LSU, @Tennessee, @Mississippi State and @UGA. The hardest game IMO is probably @LSU. The same LSU team that lost to Clemson. Not exactly murderers row. That said the way they are destroying people, I don't think it would matter.

I think the only team that can play with them is Duke. Even though I dislike both UK and Duke, I really hope they meet up in the Final Four or Championship game. Would be a fantastic game, atmosphere, and tv watch.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it all year...If Kentucky gets by Louisville this Saturday, they'll go to the Final Four unbeaten IMO. They aren't losing at home, that's a given. Their road games in the SEC are @Texas A&M, @Alabama, @South Carolina, @Missouri, @Florida, @LSU, @Tennessee, @Mississippi State and @UGA. The hardest game IMO is probably @LSU. The same LSU team that lost to Clemson. Not exactly murderers row. That said the way they are destroying people, I don't think it would matter.

I think the only team that can play with them is Duke. Even though I dislike both UK and Duke, I really hope they meet up in the Final Four or Championship game. Would be a fantastic game, atmosphere, and tv watch.

UK/Duke....they've had a few classics in March. That would be epic. As to this Sat.....Louisville is gonna press, it's who they are...and get blown out of their own building. I think Duke has the talent to play with UK, Wisky and UV have the scheme, but pressing UK and making it a full court run and gun...... Good luck with that

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK/Duke....they've had a few classics in March. That would be epic. As to this Sat.....Louisville is gonna press, it's who they are...and get blown out of their own building. I think Duke has the talent to play with UK, Wisky and UV have the scheme, but pressing UK and making it a full court run and gun...... Good luck with that

I think UK wins in the 10-15 range. I don't think Louisville will be able to score enough to keep up with UK. The only reason I don't think we'll see a UK/KU game is because Louisville is at home and I think they'll be able to keep it close for a half or so. I think the depth of UK will wear Louisville down. I don't think Pitino will want to go deep into his bench because it's all inexperienced. Also of note Louisville doesn't shoot the 3 well at all, they are going to have to buck that trend Saturday to have a chance.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone is signing up for the Undefeated regular season for UK?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky is going to be great but lets remember that they were an 8 seed last year because that is how they pergormed. I think UK has a great shot to win a title but they are going to lose 5-7 games and probably most of them early. The BEST team in the country coming in to the year is Wisconsin. Now that doesnt mean shit in March but its not like UK is going unbeaten.

It's amazing how these early quotes come back to bite you in the ass. Wisconsin, a good team, however Kaminski and Decker can not do the heavy lifting for everyone. Decker's game has not improved from last year which is sad as I think he has some talent. Kamiinski is playing a lot like Mike Miller these days....big white kid who can't move but has a very good shot. Seems to me I mentioned that once before. LOL Kentucky losing 5-7 games is laughable. Wisconsin might lose that many; not Kentucky.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how these early quotes come back to bite you in the ass. Wisconsin, a good team, however Kaminski and Decker can not do the heavy lifting for everyone. Decker's game has not improved from last year which is sad as I think he has some talent. Kamiinski is playing a lot like Mike Miller these days....big white kid who can't move but has a very good shot. Seems to me I mentioned that once before. LOL Kentucky losing 5-7 games is laughable. Wisconsin might lose that many; not Kentucky.

You are certainly right about Kentucky. But Jesus, the kaminsky Miller comparison again?

Seems like you don't comment at all this year besides talking about UK. Pretty strange for a Florida fan

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cats will not lose a game all year. It's been awhile since a team has gone wire to wire. Looks to me like Kentucky has a chance to do just that. Their problem is with all that talent there is just one ball.

The stupidity of your post (like always) just made my day. I've missed your expert opinion all offseason, and can't wait to be enlightened by the next type of "Kaminsky reminds me of Mike Miller" proclamation

{QUOTE=dcZONAfan;5820736}You are certainly right about Kentucky. But Jesus, the kaminsky Miller comparison again?

Seems like you don't comment at all this year besides talking about UK. Pretty strange for a Florida fan {QUOTE]

There it is all laid out for you. Someone's comments were arrogant and stupid and they were not mine.

You might think Kaminski is a great center. I don't think he will be able to handle NBA centers; not quick enough and not strong enough. He will probably get drafted as a strong forward...just like Mike Miller and just might be good at it.

This thread about Kentucky started pre season and I all alone thinking Kentucky could run the table. Odds are they will not, however if there is any team capable; it's them. The only way they lose is if a team has two outside shooters who have the game of their lives and make everything they look at. No one beats Kentucky inside.

Regarding Florida; no threads have been started. Being our guys have already lost 4 games, not much to say other than Billy Donovan lost all 5 starters and has to reload. He is a great coach and by the end of this year Florida will have a decent team, although very young. We now have decent size and a couple of guys that can shoot 3's. It's a matter of them learning how to play together.
See you at the tournament and as always, Florida will go deep.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only because the SEC blows though.

If they were in the ACC and Big 1G, no way they go undefeated.

Especially not after losing Poythress.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kind of let this thread settle down. Lettin' everone get der feets wet.

First off. cali...There ain't words enough to describe how I feel bout you. mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm, mmm, mmmmmmmm. Chills be runnin.

On topic. I started this thread way back. Didn't see a need to really talk it up till everyone got a peak. But said from the beginning UK is a beast.

Now UK has the game I circled back in the day coming up. A trip to the Yum center. People...I can't properly put in words what's bout to happen. This rival is something. This game is kind of like calicat....it's just plain hard to put words to it.

But even with all the hype, there's no use in predicting a win after the game. Gonna come right out and say it. UofL has a great CBB team. But what's at UK ain't right. For good reason, this game will be worth every penny to see it. It will be chippy. But I can't see UofL hanging with the cats.

Can't wait to see how runeman's preseason prediction turns out. UofL may be the only chance of stopping this UK team until deep into the dance.:suds:

Where is a blushing smiley when I need one?!?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Tomorrow is...well, I always have such a love/hate relationship with this game. I love any chance to kick the shit out of U of Lol, but hate the stomach ache it always gives me. My nerves for this game always run higher than any game up until the Big Dance. It doesn't matter how good the Cats are in any given year, it always seems like for this game all bets are off...anything can happen.

Go Cats!!! :)

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much. I really do think Duke is the one team that can hang with them with Wisky being a distant 2nd.

To me the best teams are basically

1 Kentucky, 1A Duke

Wisky

Then everyone else.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because the SEC blows though.

If they were in the ACC and Big 1G, no way they go undefeated.

Especially not after losing Poythress.

You seem to be absolutely sure of that statement....so...just asking....Who are these teams that would beat UK?

I would say maybe Duke...but I want your knowledge on this issue...not my pick

Last edited by a moderator:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought that Louisville had the best chance and believe that Louisville is just as good as Duke and Virginia. Louisville, especially in the Yum is a very tough team. Had they hit some early shots, the game would have been closer. When Louisville play Duke, they will not get overwhelmed on the inside and Harrel will be a much bigger factor.

Louisville was not able to trap the ball handlers which was a surprise as the Harrisons can be had. Their new guy Ulis is a big help getting the ball down the court. Can't wait until the Gators get their shot. Billy D knows how to press. The Gators need about 10 more games to get this new team together as our guys are much bigger this year and MUCH younger...still know how to trap and create turnovers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought that Louisville had the best chance and believe that Louisville is just as good as Duke and Virginia. Louisville, especially in the Yum is a very tough team. Had they hit some early shots, the game would have been closer. When Louisville play Duke, they will not get overwhelmed on the inside and Harrel will be a much bigger factor.

Louisville was not able to trap the ball handlers which was a surprise as the Harrisons can be had. Their new guy Ulis is a big help getting the ball down the court. Can't wait until the Gators get their shot. Billy D knows how to press. The Gators need about 10 more games to get this new team together as our guys are much bigger this year and MUCH younger...still know how to trap and create turnovers.

I think the Gators will be dangerous come tourney time, and have the best chance, other than maybe Arkansas, to beat UK before the tournament. It will take a crazy hot day from 3 point land though IMO

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Gators will be dangerous come tourney time, and have the best chance, other than maybe Arkansas, to beat UK before the tournament. It will take a crazy hot day from 3 point land though IMO

I agree....it's going to take some time to get this new team to play together. That said, we will have great outside shooting and some bigs inside that will hold their own against most teams; not Kentucky. There is no driving the lane against Kentucky; just too physical and big. Only way a team has a chance is to get some turnovers, fast breaks, and outside shooting.

One thing for sure; teams playing Kentucky will go there with the underdog mentality and throw caution to the wind. A team that has nothing to lose can be dangerous so an upset of probably one of the best teams(especially defense) ever is a possibility.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....it's going to take some time to get this new team to play together. That said, we will have great outside shooting and some bigs inside that will hold their own against most teams; not Kentucky. There is no driving the lane against Kentucky; just too physical and big. Only way a team has a chance is to get some turnovers, fast breaks, and outside shooting.

One thing for sure; teams playing Kentucky will go there with the underdog mentality and throw caution to the wind. A team that has nothing to lose can be dangerous so an upset of probably one of the best teams(especially defense) ever is a possibility.

Florida is an interesting bunch. Lots of skilled kids, lot of good athletes. I think this is a year when everyone knocks the SEC and they end up with 3 sweet 16, 2 elite 8 and the National Champion

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Cauley-Stein, Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Alex Poythress all return.
A decent team.