• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 202

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor chopped down the tree the whole night, it payed off in the end. But after all the adrenaline you could tell it hurt Conner just as much as it helped him. He was gimping out of the octagon. Honestly the best 5 round fight I have seen maybe ever.

He destroyed the leg in round one, but between Diaz starting to check it (which can hurt the kicker more than the kicker) and being gassed, he largely went away from the leg kicks as the fight went on. He still threw some, but did more damage to that leg in round 1 than 2-5 combined.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He destroyed the leg in round one, but between Diaz starting to check it (which can hurt the kicker more than the kicker) and being gassed, he largely went away from the leg kicks as the fight went on. He still threw some, but did more damage to that leg in round 1 than 2-5 combined.
I had a few drinks, but I don't really remember Diaz checking many. He checked a few but not a ton. I do agree the majority of the damage was in round one.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you have no idea what you're watching. In no circumstance was McGregor going to lose that fight via decision. The decision was either going to be a McGregor win or a draw if all three judges scored a round 10-8. The only round that was even close to being debateable as 10-8 was round 3, where Diaz heavily outworked McGregor and quite honestly, McGregor was done and was saved by the bell. No other round was close to 10-8. You really have to be far and away better in a round to get a judge to give you 10-8. McGregor won rounds 1, 2, and 4. While Diaz worked over McGregor late in round 2, it was still LATE in the round, not enough to take the round which McGregor had comfortably won. You wouldn't give a guy a round for getting a takedown and gaining a mount late in the round if he were losing beforehand, its no different with a flurrying of strikes.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you have no idea what you're watching. In no circumstance was McGregor going to lose that fight via decision. The decision was either going to be a McGregor win or a draw if all three judges scored a round 10-8. The only round that was even close to being debateable as 10-8 was round 3, where Diaz heavily outworked McGregor and quite honestly, McGregor was done and was saved by the bell. No other round was close to 10-8. You really have to be far and away better in a round to get a judge to give you 10-8. McGregor won rounds 1, 2, and 4. While Diaz worked over McGregor late in round 2, it was still LATE in the round, not enough to take the round which McGregor had comfortably won. You wouldn't give a guy a round for getting a takedown and gaining a mount late in the round if he were losing beforehand, its no different with a flurrying of strikes.
I agree with all of this. I understand why Diaz thought he won, because he was in the ring. If you were watching that fight, it really was a no doubt win for McGregor.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean?

Diaz said Conner ran. He wouldn't fight. Said Conner should of got a yellow card. Interview was with Megan Olivi.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz said Conner ran. He wouldn't fight. Said Conner should of got a yellow card. Interview was with Megan Olivi.

Ah, ok. Nah, he didn't spend the fight running. There were a couple of instances in the fight where he sprinted away from Diaz but it was tactical and a smart move by McGregor. Diaz would get McGregor close to cage with some strikes and McGregor would duck out and sprint away only to reposition himself in the center of the ring ready to engage again. Diaz obviously didn't like that because he lost his advantage. Just a smart play by McGregor to keep control at the center of the ring

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, ok. Nah, he didn't spend the fight running. There were a couple of instances in the fight where he sprinted away from Diaz but it was tactical and a smart move by McGregor. Diaz would get McGregor close to cage with some strikes and McGregor would duck out and sprint away only to reposition himself in the center of the ring ready to engage again. Diaz obviously didn't like that because he lost his advantage. Just a smart play by McGregor to keep control at the center of the ring

That is a very generous interpretation of what was happening. I'd maybe give him that benefit of the doubt early, but he was very clearly running away from having to fight at times because he was so gassed.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor beats Diaz, everyone said he wouldn't.

McGregor goes 5 rounds, everyone said he couldn't.

Diaz was well over 170 pounds, probably over 180, and even that didn't stop McGregor from dropping him multiple times.

Next fight at 155 pounds? Diaz wants no part of that. Without the extra weight, he won't withstand those shots from Conor.
Breathe man. Take it easy. People have their opinions and I don't think anyone is really hating on McGregor here at least. Did you predict Diaz would win the 1st fight?

Diaz has always been a 155er so I don't think he cares much if he fights Conor at 155. I think we see and entirely different fight at 155 with both fighters likely benefitting from the lower weight when it comes to stamina. Conor wont have the extra weight behind his punches so if Diaz wont be able to take Conor's punches as well as he did at 170, things may even out? Diaz was roughly 176 lbs in the fight last Saturday night according to him so none of us know if he was over 180 lbs.

McGregor was much more patient on Saturday and that shows he learned from their 1st fight. People weren't sure how Conor would approach this fight because we haven't ever seen how he handles a loss or adjusts. I am just glad we got such a great fight that simply wasn't as predictable as fights can sometimes be. Both fighters stood and brawled and kept us all on the edge of our seats. Cant ask for much more from 2 fighters.

My early prediction on the rubber match is we see an entirely different fight with both fighters at 155. Maybe Diaz will take it to the ground early and wear McGregor down that way? Maybe McGregor defends everything Diaz throws and dominates? Maybe McGregor will stay loyal to counter strikes and pick Diaz apart for 5 rounds? Diaz now knows that letting Conors left land at will is the recipe to a quick loss so who knows how he will approach this next fight?

Should be the biggest fight is UFC history when it happens IMO and I will be watching for sure.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very generous interpretation of what was happening. I'd maybe give him that benefit of the doubt early, but he was very clearly running away from having to fight at times because he was so gassed.
I agree but I would say it was more "stalling" to catch his breath rather than running to avoid strikes. What Conor did achieved both by retreating to the center but it was more due to him being gassed.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breathe man. Take it easy. People have their opinions and I don't think anyone is really hating on McGregor here at least. Did you predict Diaz would win the 1st fight?

Diaz has always been a 155er so I don't think he cares much if he fights Conor at 155. I think we see and entirely different fight at 155 with both fighters likely benefitting from the lower weight when it comes to stamina. Conor wont have the extra weight behind his punches so if Diaz wont be able to take Conor's punches as well as he did at 170, things may even out? Diaz was roughly 176 lbs in the fight last Saturday night according to him so none of us know if he was over 180 lbs.

McGregor was much more patient on Saturday and that shows he learned from their 1st fight. People weren't sure how Conor would approach this fight because we haven't ever seen how he handles a loss or adjusts. I am just glad we got such a great fight that simply wasn't as predictable as fights can sometimes be. Both fighters stood and brawled and kept us all on the edge of our seats. Cant ask for much more from 2 fighters.

My early prediction on the rubber match is we see an entirely different fight with both fighters at 155. Maybe Diaz will take it to the ground early and wear McGregor down that way? Maybe McGregor defends everything Diaz throws and dominates? Maybe McGregor will stay loyal to counter strikes and pick Diaz apart for 5 rounds? Diaz now knows that letting Conors left land at will is the recipe to a quick loss so who knows how he will approach this next fight?

Should be the biggest fight is UFC history when it happens IMO and I will be watching for sure.

Not sure if it's going to happen. And it's definitely not happening anytime soon. Dana seems pretty set in stone on this decision.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's going to happen. And it's definitely not happening anytime soon. Dana seems pretty set in stone on this decision.
What decision? McGregor Diaz 3? That will happen for sure but like you said, not for awhile. McGregor has some belt defending to do. So many good fights to look forward to with McGregor. If he keeps winning from here, my guess is there will be a huge "superfight" for him in the future.