• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 202

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a good card with a few good fights. Diaz vs McGregor 2 should be interesting. McGregor is a gutsy guy to want to fight Diaz again. I don't think it goes well for McGregor though. Diaz is just a better boxer and he's bigger. Plus Diaz can keep a pace that McGregor can't handle. If it goes to the ground it will go from bad to worse for McGregor.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a good card with a few good fights. Diaz vs McGregor 2 should be interesting. McGregor is a gutsy guy to want to fight Diaz again. I don't think it goes well for McGregor though. Diaz is just a better boxer and he's bigger. Plus Diaz can keep a pace that McGregor can't handle. If it goes to the ground it will go from bad to worse for McGregor.

McGregor is giving up to much size.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the card doesn't look that great to me. I'll probably watch the prelims though.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor is giving up to much size.

McGregor is a tweener. He wont be able to keep cutting weight to fight at 145lbs for the rest of his career and he really cant handle the top 155 lb guys. A guy like Alvarez would most probably take him down and ground and pound him if he doesn't knock McGregor out early with his punching power.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conor McGregor showed no respect for anyone's time by showing up late. I'm sure that his act is getting old with Dana, the UFC, and other fighters.

I think the conference could have done without the bottle and can throws. I don't think Nate Diaz needs to act like a thug with his training partners & friends. It's obvious that he has a lot more loyalty with his group then McGregor has with his group. Diaz's group has a lot of tough guys that don't have anything to prove. I think Diaz's performance will be all the proof that he needs to represent his team. None of the drama will matter when the cage door closes.

I think McGregor picked the wrong guy to fight again. It's funny how that McGregor & his coach have said that there reputations are on the line with the fight. They wont be able to use any excuses this time.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Diaz knocks him out with the first punch. Either that or just a slow brutal ass kicking through 5 rounds.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the card doesn't look that great to me. I'll probably watch the prelims though.

It's an OK fight card. I'm interested to see how Avila does against Lobov. The other intriguing fights to me are Johnson & Cerrone in their different matchups.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Diaz knocks him out with the first punch. Either that or just a slow brutal ass kicking through 5 rounds.

Diaz has always thrown good combos. He'll be stronger for this fight than usual at 170 lbs though. I think McGregor would be lucky to make it to the third round in this fight.

McGregor will try to use the size difference as his excuse but he picked 170 lbs not 155 lbs plus didn't he say before the first fight that "weight classes don't matter" McGregor had no problem cutting a lot of weight to bully "midgets" as he calls them.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz is not a better boxer than McGregor, that's foolish to say. Did everyone miss the first 80% of their first fight? The one where Diaz was being butchered?

McGregor got tired, lazy, sloppy and he got caught. Won't happen again

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which guy got hurt in the fight with the standup? The answer is McGregor. Let's not forget that Diaz had 10 days to prepare. Sparing helps the timing of a fighter with punching.

McGregor knows how to use his reach advantage. He doesn't have that against Diaz.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget McGregor also had 10 days to prepare for Diaz and change what was supposed to be a 55 fight to a 70 fight. I'm tired of all the one sided stories, purely because of everyone's dislike of McGregor.

Reactions: DJ

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz has always thrown good combos. He'll be stronger for this fight than usual at 170 lbs though. I think McGregor would be lucky to make it to the third round in this fight.

McGregor will try to use the size difference as his excuse but he picked 170 lbs not 155 lbs plus didn't he say before the first fight that "weight classes don't matter" McGregor had no problem cutting a lot of weight to bully "midgets" as he calls them.
He is not good enough to compete in 3 classes, sorry. He is good, but in 10 years were going to say, remember that Irish dbag that talked so much and got exposed twice in a row"?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not good enough to compete in 3 classes, sorry. He is good, but in 10 years were going to say, remember that Irish dbag that talked so much and got exposed twice in a row"?

I think McGregor may lose 3 times in a row. I would give him the advantage against Aldo in the next fight but I think it will be a very different fight. Aldo charged in and got leveled. I would think he fights smarter next time. He was more of a counter puncher against Edgar. If he fights like that it wont be so easy for McGregor. If the fight goes 3 rounds or more McGregor will probably lose because Aldo is a lot more experienced with 5 round fights.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz is not a better boxer than McGregor, that's foolish to say. Did everyone miss the first 80% of their first fight? The one where Diaz was being butchered?

Sounds very similar to the first Sonnen-Silva fight where Sonnen had his way with Silva and made a mistake with around two minutes left in the final round and lost.

Reactions: DJ

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I first thought... McGregor was winning the boxing game, easily. Diaz's bloody face was clear evidence of that. McGregor got tired & sloppy and Diaz caught him with a perfect combo to seal the deal and take him to the ground. Credit to Diaz's chin though... He is one tough son bitch to take a beating like that and still turn the table.

Diaz would be wise to take this fight to the ground as soon as possible... He has the advantage on the ground

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melendez said in a recent interview that Diaz has been practicing keeping the fight outside of McGregor's range. That would limit McGregor. If they clinch we know how that will that will go. If it goes to the ground that is Diaz' world. It will be interested to see if McGregor has a different game plan.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McGregor is arguably the better striker, and certainly has more power, but Diaz is absolutely the better boxer.

The first 80% of the fight? Where McGregor foolishly punched himself out trying for a one-punch KO? That's not something a good "boxer" does. McGregor's game has two major question marks: conditioning and ground game. Diaz exposed both, fighting the way he always fights.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz face always takes a beating because he's constantly dropping his hands, taunting, etc. That's not representative of his boxing skill, it's a reflection of his strategy. He does what he does to get in his opponent's head, so they get off their game, and wear themselves out. It typically works very well against lesser fighters, and not at all against top fighters, which is why Diaz is more of a gatekeeper than a legit contender.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget McGregor also had 10 days to prepare for Diaz and change what was supposed to be a 55 fight to a 70 fight. I'm tired of all the one sided stories, purely because of everyone's dislike of McGregor.
I like Connor, can't stand Diaz, but it's still a bad matchup for Connor. I just look at the number of ways a guy can win a fight. Connor is gonna have to KO/TKO Diaz to beat him. He sure as Hell isn't going to sub him, and it's highly unlikely that he outpoints him. Diaz proved he could hurt Connor last time, so he could KO/TKO him, he has a huge edge on the ground, has already subbed him, and Diaz has a great gas tank, whereas Connor was gassed after the first round last time. Add to the fact that Diaz has Connor spitting mad, Connor will likely shoot his wad early and gas again. I am pulling for Connor, and do think it's possible he gets a KO early, but past that, I don't give him much of a chance