• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 202

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McGregor picked the wrong guy to fight again. It's funny how that McGregor & his coach have said that there reputations are on the line with the fight. They wont be able to use any excuses this time.

Ooops

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz has always thrown good combos. He'll be stronger for this fight than usual at 170 lbs though. I think McGregor would be lucky to make it to the third round in this fight.

McGregor will try to use the size difference as his excuse but he picked 170 lbs not 155 lbs plus didn't he say before the first fight that "weight classes don't matter" McGregor had no problem cutting a lot of weight to bully "midgets" as he calls them.

Ooops again

By the way, Diaz was well over 170 pounds last night.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McGregor may lose 3 times in a row. I would give him the advantage against Aldo in the next fight but I think it will be a very different fight. Aldo charged in and got leveled. I would think he fights smarter next time. He was more of a counter puncher against Edgar. If he fights like that it wont be so easy for McGregor. If the fight goes 3 rounds or more McGregor will probably lose because Aldo is a lot more experienced with 5 round fights.

And another terrible prediction from you. Man, you were on a roll huh?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor beats Diaz, everyone said he wouldn't.

McGregor goes 5 rounds, everyone said he couldn't.

Diaz was well over 170 pounds, probably over 180, and even that didn't stop McGregor from dropping him multiple times.

Next fight at 155 pounds? Diaz wants no part of that. Without the extra weight, he won't withstand those shots from Conor.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McGregor goes 5 rounds, everyone said he couldn't.

Diaz was well over 170 pounds, probably over 180, and even that didn't stop McGregor from dropping him multiple times.

Next fight at 155 pounds? Diaz wants no part of that. Without the extra weight, he won't withstand those shots from Conor.
Diaz is ranked #4 at 155, he's a natural 155, not 170. Diaz has always been a tough, top 5-10 guy at 155. Any fighter is the top 5 at 170 knocks Connor out in the first round. Woodley, Lawler, Rory, Wonderboy, they all smash him. And this is from a Connor fan. At 155, I could see Connor being a threat for the Title, and at 145, where he is Champ, I could see him holding the belt for a long time. This is why Dana is trying so hard to get him to drop back down and defend his 145 Title. Last night's that fight was as close as it gets, and Connor was in big trouble 3 times that I counted, including being saved by the bell. Fighting Diaz at 155 wouldn't be a clear victory either

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Diaz got screwed by the judges.

I thought Diaz won rounds 2, 3 and 5 with McGregor winning round 1 and 4.

I could see the argument for round 2 being a draw and the fight ending in a draw, but IMO the only way McGregor won the fight is if the first round was scored 10-8 in his favor and the second round scored a draw.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A round can't be a draw unless there is a penalty. I had it 3-2, Diaz, but with round one being 10-8, for a 47-47 draw. I figure round two was probably the difference. McGregor clearly won the first half, Diaz won the second.

McGregor attacking Diaz front leg in round one was ultimately the difference. That's always been such major weakness because of his stance.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McGregor goes 5 rounds, everyone said he couldn't..

McGregor was favored to win...

As for five rounds, he lasted, but I wouldn't say he fought five rounds. Diaz just didn't have the striking power or ability to get it to the ground because of his leg. His obsession with taunting, instead of pressing McGregor even harder didn't help. Gotta give McGregor credit for that. Most strategic fight we've seen from him. His gas tank is clearly a weakness though. That's a byproduct of the way he fights though, which is part of what makes him so effective.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Diaz got screwed by the judges.

I thought Diaz won rounds 2, 3 and 5 with McGregor winning round 1 and 4.

I could see the argument for round 2 being a draw and the fight ending in a draw, but IMO the only way McGregor won the fight is if the first round was scored 10-8 in his favor and the second round scored a draw.

Significant strikes
RD. 1 36-23 McGregor
RD. 2 39-36 McGregor
RD. 3 58-24 Diaz
RD. 4 39-32 McGregor
RD. 5 29-23 Diaz

McGregor also dropped Diaz in rounds 1 and 2. McGregor's take down defense was excellent

But I'm not surprised, McGregor haters will discredit the guy no matter what.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McGregor was favored to win...

As for five rounds, he lasted, but I wouldn't say he fought five rounds. Diaz just didn't have the striking power or ability to get it to the ground because of his leg. His obsession with taunting, instead of pressing McGregor even harder didn't help. Gotta give McGregor credit for that. Most strategic fight we've seen from him. His gas tank is clearly a weakness though. That's a byproduct of the way he fights though, which is part of what makes him so effective.

In Vegas sure. But I guess you didn't hear the predictions from UFC fighters and analysts, did you?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Significant strikes
RD. 1 36-23 McGregor
RD. 2 39-36 McGregor
RD. 3 58-24 Diaz
RD. 4 39-32 McGregor
RD. 5 29-23 Diaz

McGregor also dropped Diaz in rounds 1 and 2. McGregor's take down defense was excellent

But I'm not surprised, McGregor haters will discredit the guy no matter what.

I'm not a McGregor hater, in fact I don't have any favorites or guys I hate in MMA anymore. My interest in the sport is below that of the casual fan nowadays, when I used to never miss a PPV. Hendo and Shogun got old and started to suck, and I sort of lost interest. If anything, I hated the Diaz brothers when I was a diehard MMA fan.

McGregor did work early in the second round, but the second half of the round was dominated by Diaz which is why I wouldn't have an issue calling the round a draw, but I'd give a slight edge to Diaz.

Rounds 1 and 4 clearly go to McGregor. Rounds 3 and 5 clearly go to Diaz.

If you're giving McGregor a 10-8 in the first round and calling the second round a draw giving the fight to McGregor, I don't have an issue.

But with no 10-8 rounds, the fight was either a draw, or went to Diaz IMO from a truly unbiased position.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A round can't be a draw unless there is a penalty. I had it 3-2, Diaz, but with round one being 10-8, for a 47-47 draw. I figure round two was probably the difference. McGregor clearly won the first half, Diaz won the second.

McGregor attacking Diaz front leg in round one was ultimately the difference. That's always been such major weakness because of his stance.
I agree the 2nd round was the difference. I also think Diaz might have cost himself, because he was knocked down twice, but both times I believe he went down on purpose trying to get Connor to follow him to the ground

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate McGregor straight up, but no way in hell should that have been either A. a split decision or B. scored a draw. McGregor won 3-2 or 4-1.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate McGregor straight up, but no way in hell should that have been either A. a split decision or B. scored a draw. McGregor won 3-2 or 4-1.

4-1? You think Conner lost only round 3?

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the 2nd round was the difference. I also think Diaz might have cost himself, because he was knocked down twice, but both times I believe he went down on purpose trying to get Connor to follow him to the ground

I think it was more a result of his leg being destroyed than anything, but he was definitely hoping McGregor would make the mistake of jumping into his guard.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1? You think Conner lost only round 3?
Personally I felt like it was 3-2, but if someone said 4-1 I could understand it. No way in hell that should have been a draw.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a thing of beauty. I'll be practicing that one in front of a mirror for sure.
Just don't connect with the mirror, in a fight of you vs glass the glass wins every time.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more a result of his leg being destroyed than anything, but he was definitely hoping McGregor would make the mistake of jumping into his guard.
McGregor chopped down the tree the whole night, it payed off in the end. But after all the adrenaline you could tell it hurt Conner just as much as it helped him. He was gimping out of the octagon. Honestly the best 5 round fight I have seen maybe ever.