• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA/Michigan agree to home & home.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 10 years: Year - Opponent - Final Rank

Ohio State:

2003: Bowling Green - #23
2005: Texas - #1
2006: Texas - #13
2007: USC - #2
2008: USC - #23

Michigan:

2005: Notre Dame - #11
2006: Notre Dame - #19
2007: Oregon - #23
2008: Utah - #2
2012: Alabama - #1, Notre Dame - #3

Looks as though Michigan's as a whole has been tougher.
Michigan has tried to ride the ND bandwagon with their OOC schedule for a long time. Have you looked at the future OOC schedule for Mich? Of note they have Arky, VT and UCLA. That is OK but not very good as other than VT those are not very good teams traditionally.
As far as your post about tOSU and the end rankings, tOSU cant control that but they can control when like USC, TX and Miami (who you misses) were all scheduled when they were top 5 or in a NC game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has tried to ride the ND bandwagon with their OOC schedule for a long time. Have you looked at the future OOC schedule for Mich? Of note they have Arky, VT and UCLA. That is OK but not very good as other than VT those are not very good teams traditionally.
As far as your post about tOSU and the end rankings, tOSU cant control that but they can control when like USC, TX and Miami (who you misses) were all scheduled when they were top 5 or in a NC game.

As I've said in the past. I'll give Ohio State credit for scheduling Miami. However, how does Miami sucking in both of those years boost Ohio State's schedule for that year? In those given year's it was still a weak OOC schedule.

At the end of the day, Michigan had more tough OOC games than Ohio State did.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you finally changed that hideous avatar? Good for you.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they couldn't stop Clemson or Miami. Did they play anybody else in the Top 25? I don't think so.

Alabama 35 Virginia Tech 10, remember that one.

According to the polls Clemson and Miami beat shitty Georgia and Florida teams. While Alabama beat a quality Virginia Tech team.

Lots of good ACC vs SEC matchups to end the season prior to the bowl. Think I will take a wait and see attitude.

You can claim the ACC is up if you want, but I only see one team head and shoulders above the others.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. There needs to be at least one bowl game pitting the SEC against the PAC. Maybe Saban refuses because he doesn't want any part of Oregon's hurry up offense? LOL

Saban has been there the last two seasons...it appears it is Oregon that doesn't want any part of that matchup....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming a 9 game conference schedule for BCS teams, it would be great to see it required each team play a BCS conference team in Week 2. Perhaps rotating conferences with the opponent dictated by some sort of seeding process (i.e. SEC #1 v B1G #1). This would give teams opening week to prep and a week after to rest. I would think TV would eat it up.