• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's sad to see a historic conference like the PAC become a thing of the past. I'm sure Oregon (and the Huskies) are headed to the Big Ten soon but I'm pretty upset about it.
Unfortunately it is probably necessary for both Oregon and Washington to jump to the Big-10 now. They both rely heavily on California recruiting, and losing the SoCal games would really hurt from that perspective.

This sucks. If/when the Ducks and Huskies head out will they be able to find away to keep the Beaver and Cougar rivalry games, or will those be dead in the water?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Larry Scotts legacy is complete. He destroyed the conference. I feel bad for Kliavkoff. He had actually managed to unfuck much of what Scott did. Just too little too late.
That’s what I’m afraid of for the ACC after Swafford was a buffoon and hurt the conference and now you have Phillips taking over but it might be too little too late to save it.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it is probably necessary for both Oregon and Washington to jump to the Big-10 now. They both rely heavily on California recruiting, and losing the SoCal games would really hurt from that perspective.

This sucks. If/when the Ducks and Huskies head out will they be able to find away to keep the Beaver and Cougar rivalry games, or will those be dead in the water?

No doubt. Both programs are gonna jump if they get an offer. I think ND is the main target though.

I really hope that Oregon and OSU continue to play, even if it's an OOC game.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Both programs are gonna jump if they get an offer. I think ND is the main target though.

I really hope that Oregon and OSU continue to play, even if it's an OOC game.
If you end up with 20 teams in the Big-10, will there even be ooc games on the schedule?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is soo sad. The PACs footprint was perfection. USC tearing out the heart of this conference and a century of west coast football history chasing a couple more million a year. Lowlife hooker move.
Yeah pretty much agree
I like the conferences. Entering an unknown world. Playing bowl teams every season mid season.
And nil has gone too far imo.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are headed toward fucking chaos. So, if it's going to get bat shit crazy why not just do this...? No more ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-12, SEC, etc.

NFL type format.
-Two conferences.
-Four divisions.
-Play 8 division games and 4 non-division games.
-Four division winners and four wildcards in each conference qualify for playoffs.
-Playoff teams seeded 1-8 in each conference...(#1 vs #8); (#2 vs #7); (#3 vs #6); (#4 vs #5).
-Each conference champion plays for CFA Championship (CFA = College Football Association).
-Max number of games a team would play is 16.

Western Conference (36)
Pacific (9)--Cal, Oregon, Oregon St, San Diego St, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington St.
Mountain (9)--Arizona, Arizona St, Boise St, BYU, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas St, UNLV, Utah.
Southwest (9)--Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech.
Midwest (9)--Illinois, Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin.

Eastern Conference (36)
Central (9)--Cincinnati, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, West Virginia.
Atlantic (9)--Boston College, Duke, Maryland, Penn St, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech.
South (9)--Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Memphis, Miss St, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt.
Southeast (9)--Clemson, Florida, Florida St, NC St, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Miami, South Carolina, Wake Forest.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If So.

Throw Colorado State in the Mix.

So add Montana Eastern Washington and Colorado State

The PAC should be looking at SDSU, Fresno, UNLV, Colorado State and Boise State. Not great options but it is what it is

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you end up with 20 teams in the Big-10, will there even be ooc games on the schedule?
Schools won't want to give those up. They need that game or two to get their teams dialed in. Could we possibly see a preseason in college?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SDSU and UNLV would be the likely schools the PAC would invite if the conference is going to make a go of it.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just seems so scummy. Who actually wants this besides television executives?